I am gonna go against the grain, I like the combined arms update so far

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SamDaMan, May 30, 2017.

1. SamDaMan

Seriously, It is full of a ton of good changes. That's not to say there aren't things I disagree with but the majority of things on it are pretty freaking awesome. I know a lot of people are absolutely losing their minds over it but I actually like most of the changes! Even the implants.
    I really think the implants are gonna encourage some more diverse niche game play. Granted, it would be nice to earn these implants rather than get them randomly but either way they are pretty cool.

So, I hope you guys keep going forward and I am excited to test more things and eventually play it on live because most of these changes have to hit live before we know if they actually accomplish a combined arms goal. Try to keep your heads up, it's been a rough couple weeks.

With all that nice stuff out of the way here are some things I disagree with:

The Fury change: It is too weak, it takes a full mag to kill even one person which is impractical when defending a sundy.

The Thermal sights change: You have a ton of Anti Infantry weapons that have this scope attached and now it is worthless. I suggest you make it so it actually does what the new name implies, Threat detection. So, when an enemy actually starts shooting or moving too fast they begin to light up.

There are also some construction changes and some more in depth combined arms changes I hope you guys make but I made different threads for those.

I look forward to seeing your balance changes in regards to the aircrafts and will try to get feedback for you guys on that. I know atm the aircrafts are still a WIP and haven't really been touched except for the splash damage.
    • Up x 3
  2. idlemarcus

The fury has been nerfed vs infantry, but retains it's stk vs harassers (12) and goes from 17 shots to the back of a lightning to 12, and 20 shots to the back of a magrider to 15, and goes from 49 shots against a sunderer to 23 shots. That is using harasser and flash fury. The fury for the sunderer and I think ANT didn't fare as well.

So it's been buffed vs heavy armor, which is quite nice. If you want to kill infantry, you might want to stick with a bulldog or kobalt.