Hunters or Stalkers????

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximi, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Ximi

My best experience playing PS2 is on hunter mode,SAS-R 5 months ago. I have a little less experience than hunter with stalker mode,i mean,playing stalker.

I noticed that the best kills "shoot and forgot" are in hunter mode (SAS-R on the head and goodbye) but stalker have the best survivality. I mean there is one guy shooting at u,u kill him and other guys gonna spot u,u are hurt. Stalker cloak makes u invisible undeterminated time,if the enemy doesnt have darklight or shoot randomly to the map,u survive on mostly cases.

Now hunter mode,this mode have snipers,the best weapons for kill at medium to long range. Example: there is a guy at long distance,he spot u and u decloak for shoot,if u have correct aim,u shoot on the head and u forgot him. But the cloak have determinated time for uncloak,so the survivality is not assured.

Hunter have the best weapons for long distances and "shoot and forgot" skills,while stalker can go to close quarters and do good work in determinated targets and u can cloak at undeterminated time.

Im making a mess of which one to pick at my skirmishes when im going to play Ps4. I played both,i like both,but dunno know if i want nice kills or survivality. On the PC version,because i have terrible aim,my stalker only was good with the Blackhand pistol,taking targets on open areas on medium distances.

And the hunter is good for some cases at long distances,like shoot a not moving target,i personally never played SMG hunter,but is another history.

Btw the best mode for newbies are stalker mode,the enemy never notice u if u dont decloak or shoot to a enemy before and u can learn how to aim without risk of beign killed much.

If elusive1 and CuteBeaver can talk here,would make me a favor,because the two are the top infiltrators on their respective modes.

But i want to know the most used modes by communnity,i mean,players using hunter or stalker mode and i want that players tell me their experiences.
  2. Navron

You hurt my feelings.

I usually play with Hunter or Nano-Armor Cloaking, depending on my loadout. As far as Stalker goes, I never use it with the intention of killing (at least, not yet because I am not going for my secondary Auraxium as of yet). When I use Stalker, it is for the purpose of being annoying on a point. On most points, (especially capture points not in a small building), I can usually survive for a long time (like the video I posted below), ESPECIALLY on Hossin.

I use Hunter cloaking for sniping and scout rifles and Nano-Armor for SMGs. I am considering trying out Nano-Armor cloaking when I try to Auraxium the Mag-Scatter (NC pistol shotgun) but we'll see.
  3. Ximi

Yes,stalkers are not that "killing machine" as hunter is,at least if u are not a CuteBeaver. As ive said,stalkers have the best survivality,there can be a lot of enemyes around u and they dont notice u,and if the case explained occurs,u still survive. However,im better at those games at consoles,caused my aim at consoles are much better,so if i go with stalker and take the Underboss as sidearm,maybe i can kill more than my stalker char on PC version,my aim is trash with the keyboard and mouse combo. And this happens on every FPS ive played on PC,ive played Counter Strike on PC...i die more than kill,ive played Call of Duty on PC...i die more than i kill,Planetside 2...the same case. I get bored with those games on PC. And this is the cause i want to buy a Ps4.

Hunters btw are more aggressive playstyle,u must kill or be killed and sometimes u got bored for kill distant targets. Stalkers are more funny due to the risk on cqc and the "surprise fact" u have.

Oh and sorry for hurt ur feelings,i never seen any of ur gameplays,so i dont know any other "good" infiltrators than CuteBeaver and elusive1,ive seen,btw,more videos of elusive1 than CuteBeaver,but sometimes ive talked to CuteBeaver for want her tips. She is the person who tell me mostly things of pistols like Underboss or Blackhand,either Vanu ES pistols like Spiker (my stalker experience was on Vanu side)

elusive1 btw,i only tell him to tell me tips of hunter mode 1 time,his answer was "watch one of my videos" so that is the cause that i want any comment that CuteBeaver or elusive1 provide me,because are the only good infiltrator gameplays ive seen. And i need to say,i never seen any other hunter infiltrator that does this incredible work on battlefield. So i thought to take one ES bolt action sniper and be the elusive1 of the Ps4...but i need to learn a lot of things.

Btw if i play stalker on NC side and since im a fan of shotguns,im thinking to buy the Mag Scatter,but dunno if i can do good work on battlefield with that gun.
  4. Navron

No worries. I was joking. :p
  5. Ryoken

Cert into and play both. A lot of your posts seem to suggest you can only play one style per character. Limiting yourself like that makes the game lose a lot of its appeal.

I main infil but enjoy Medic too. If the situation calls for a Heavy, I'll pull Heavy. The classes are there to be used. By BR20 you can have your main class suitably decked out and all the others in useable positions.

That said, I prefer Hunter because I'm in love with the CQC bolt actions and SMG's. It's also cheaper to max out IIRC.

Btw, Elusive uses Nano-Armour Cloak and the only tip to play like him is to "get good". It's a play style that absolutely needs outstanding twitch aiming skills. Getting a large mousepad, good mouse and fiddling with your sensitivities until they're just right are just the start of it.
  6. Moz

Interesting you choose to use NAC with an SMG Inf.

NAC IMHO is designed for the long range snipers, as it reduces damage taken by head shots (means a bolt action does not 1HK) while active (unless this took a nerf i didnt know about). It works great for long range snipers who duck out from behind cover.

I have just started playing again after about 6 months off, and haven't started sniping again yet. But this used to save me every now and then when I didn't see that sneeky second sniper.
  7. borgqueenx

i much rather go with grenade bandolier instead of armor, because my invisibility/cloak means everything. an probe or motion spotter detects you on the minimap and thats why i wanna kill those spotters. best way is to throw them at a spotter then moving in the direction of where you are NOT going. a kind of trap.
  8. Ximi

Oh,about nanocloak and sniping,seems that is the best combo but the nanocloak is the most expensive cloaks of the 3,and i dont remember the cert cost per lvl of the nanocloak,can anyone give me two centa about this cloak??? I mean,certs costa per lvl and the duratión of it. I dont have computet at this moment so i cannot check my self.
  9. Moz

50 > 100 > 150 > 200 > 500

@ Max level:

The duration the cloak can remain active is increased to 8.5 seconds, and the charge time when depleted is decreased to 11 seconds. Additionally, the small arms damage resist is increased to 35%.
  10. Ximi

Thanks,is not that much expensive as stalker,maybe is gonna be my choice of cloak.