Hunter infiltrator tiny tips...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I dont have much experience about infiltrator,im BR 25,and i test stalker mode but seems that im better hunter than stalker.

My arsenal of this hunter infiltrator isnt much,but here are some tips for beign aceptable hunter in combat:

1- Take high attitudes. Seems that while u are in higher attitudes than ur hunts,u have better chances to win,so,take ur time and go in top of that mountain that seems good place for a sniper. But remember about enemy hunter infiltrators too.

2- Dont stay close to enemy. If u watching the minimap,and u see that enemy starts to stay close to ur position,leave immedietaly and take longer position from ur enemy,this grants better chances to make a kill in a distant target and u stay appart from the main battle,this means not insta-deaths.

3- Take semi-auto snipers. This is personal,but with semi auto snipers u have better (this not means sure) chances to kill an enemy in close range if a surprise enemy appears in close quarters. Unless u are the famous elusive1,the 1 headshot snipers are bad choices for close quarters. And if u have aceptable aim,u need 2 shots in the head with semi autos for kill an enemy.

And 4- Beware of HAs (Heavy Assaults). Major part of my deaths was from HAs,dont try to kill a HA unless u stay sure he dont notice u,and FORGOT to kill one if frontal fight occurs and he has been noticed u. They put their cursed shields on and start to shoot his 100 bullets to ur face. Other option was to try to kill one in frontal assault with 1 headshot snipers,make sure u have nerves of steel and good aim and u get the kill,but if u are new to this game evade HAs frontal battles.

Extra tip optional- Play New Conglomerate if u want the best hunter infiltrators. They have the best bullets power in the game,this means that sniper weapons are the best sniper weapons. If one normal shoot of Terran sniper do 75 damage (for put an example) the New Congolmerate snipers do 80. Anyway this not means that New Conglomerate are all snipers,but we have the best hunter infiltrators in the game.

And thats all. Im not an expert but there is some tips for new infiltrators that starting to play this game and they think that infiltrators can go around only because are invisibles. Maybe im the only one that thinks this,but at my starts i died a lot of times with this class because this faults. Now i can survive longer and kill some more,but i still need to learn more things about this class.

I accept other opinions but all in respect,remember that before screens there are persons and all need respect.

Hope those tips helps. So,see u in battle :D
  2. Scrye

Just offering my opinion (and a correcting a couple of facts) here.

The semi auto scout rifles are okay, but almost everyone will agree that the semi auto snipers (default on TR and VS) are terrible. They force you to spend too long in one spot to down an enemy. Any competent sniper with a bolt action will put a round between your eyes before you get the second shot off.

Honestly, since I got the TSAR (equivalents being SAS-R and Ghost) I've used nothing else on my Infil, even for longer range engagements. I sucked with it at first, but with practice they are possibly our best CQC weapon.

Finally, all the Infiltrator exclusive weapons are clones of each other across factions. Literally exactly the same, except the VS semi auto weapons not having bullet drop but that's really a non issue.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

Tr-side there is a very good option among the semi-auto sniper rifles: the ksr-35. It's the same as the stock sniper rifle but it has 2x and 3,4x scopes (no sway) and can fit a foregrip.
    It's brutally effective if used like a scout rifle, just pkay aggressively and ignore the suppressor.
  4. Ximaster

This point,i need to say that VS have one thing better than NC snipers,they can put a suppressor and dont have bullet drop. But firepower was lower,maybe 5% but lower.
  5. Ximaster

AMR-66,now that i see ur signature,its a good semiauto sniper that can equip all classes. Today with a guy that have equipped this weapon i died 4 times in frontal battle,1 vs 1. I have the Gauss SPR and he that AMR-66,and he was a HA,so every time he puts shileds on. Finally i need to get the SAS-R for kill him in one shot. So,its not a bad weapon after all.
  6. OldMaster80

The amr-66 is a battle rifle and it's only available to ha and engineers even if it's necessary for the scout rifles directive (which awards the dmr-66 that cannot be used by infiltrators).
  7. 0fly0

VS sniper have bullet drop.
  8. Scrye

That's not a TR specific infil weapon. KSR-35 (TR) = Impetus (NC) = Phantom (VS). The only difference is the VS version not having bullet drop, therefore being more useful with a suppressor.

VS bolt actions have bullet drop. The semi auto and automatic weapons do not, unless something has changed since I last played VS (a year ago). Going to create a Vanu in an hour or so to verify.

That's just the suppressor increasing the damage drop off. The same thing happens with any weapon you equip one on. IIRC, anyway.
    But yes, I used to love using an Artemis + Silencer because you didn't have to adjust to more bullet drop. Tried it yesterday on my TR with the SOAS-20 and it was too much hassle to use at the ranges I was taking shots from.
  9. Navron

The Impetus is so bad. If you want an NC Sniper rifle to use up close, use the SAS-R. The Scout Rifles are okay too but you would been more distance than what's required for the SAS-R. As far as NC Scout Rifles go:

Vandal > Stalker > Shadow

Although...using the Stalker catches a lot of people off guard. That thing is loud.
  10. ezaroo

Hi, welcome to infiltrator land!

Thank you for trying to be helpful! That is good! Though I would suggest that you wait until you have a little (or a lot) more experience with the game and the class before offering up tips.

A lot of what you said won't really help, the tops of mountains are pretty much sucicide zone for snipers - any decent counter sniper who can be bothered will kill you. At the top of a mountain the shape of your body sticks out against the hill and you are a target. Half way up the mountain in a little crack is 100 times better.

Second point - staying far away. When you are new this is good advice. Once you learn what you are doing it is not. It will limit the maximum number of kills you can get in a period of time since acquisition time for each shot in increased (takes longer to aim properly at long distance) for example when I am sniping, I would be more than 100 m away from my targets unless something weird has happened. With the SMGs I won't try for a kill more than about 30 m away... You get the point. Close is good once you figure the game out.

Third point - the semiauto snipers are horrific weapons... They work when you are good at the game and can land a headshot and a quick body shot for the kill. You can not panic fire them - every shot will miss. And you can't move when firing unless you are in touching distance or you will miss... If you are TR please buy the M77B or if you are vanu it is the XM98 - they are just better than the starting semiauto rifles. And they are identical in every way to the NC starting sniper rifle... All the sniper and semiauto sniper rifles are copies of each other (expect vanu no drop semiautos) so no one has better rifles.
  11. Ximaster

U have a PM explaining this.