Hunter explosive bolt nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Apr 1, 2022.

1. TR5L4Y3R

so i went and tested a couple weapons specifically shotguns that were supposed to 2 shot kill infantry up to 35m ..which i tried with smartchoke + flechette ammo pumpguns .... which imo turns out may happen once in a moon and is pretty inconsistent .... what i know though is that the default Hunter crossbow is able to 2 body shot kill people at medium range and up till the new patch i remembered that explosive bolts did to ... but apparently not any longer as when i tested explosive bolts in VR it took me 4 bodyshots to kill infantry ... so what happened there?
  2. Lotran

The VR training room has 3 shooting lanes. From where you enter VR:

The closest lane has normal targets.
    The middle lane has targets with flak armor (half explosive damage)
    The furthest lane has targets with nanoweave.

I hope this helps.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

The most powerful thing about shotguns is the bias people have about them.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

it´s still 4 shots on non overshield infantry and 5 shots with flak .. which is way too many shots for this weapon considering being close up damages yourself ... i could understand if they´d make it a default 3 shot kill ... though id preferred it was 2 shot as it was originally otherwise they should bring back 4 bolt mags and buff rechambertime...
  5. TR5L4Y3R

so the damagechange as it turns out is quite old

june 17 2020 with the collosus update the following change was made

yea 300 damage is quite the nerf ... imho they could bring that back to 350 or 375 damage ...
  6. T.A.94

Instead of "testing" this in VR try to get resuls in live play.
    Then you might have realised by now that VR dummies don't take explosive dmg.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

VR is meant to test weapons, if the test dummies are broken then obviusly should be fixed ... it´s not a problem of the player for not knowing what works and what doesn´t when the information isn´t there