HUD/Map/Minimap Icon/Text Readability - abandoned?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 4wry, Jun 30, 2015.

1. 4wry

A few patches back DBG introduced a revamp of the HUD/Map/Minimap Icon/Text Readability. The next day those changes were withdrawn due to rather harsh criticism regarding the implementation.

Will PS2 ever see an adapted version of those changes, or has this been scrapped for all eternity?

From my perspective, the minimap icons were actually more intuitive, especially for ammo towers and vehicle terminals. This, per se, could be a potential improvement.
    Secondly, a lot of posts were rather positive about the prospect of showing teleport/jumppad connection on the minimap.
    Lastly, with some tweaks to the display of the names and potentially some associated options for customization, those could also experience a comeback.

Is this something that is being pursued or did the devs decide to abandon this entirely?
  2. Dgross

I liked the minimap icons, but I HATED (by hate I mean extreme loathing and prejudice) the new font they had.
    Why did they have to change the font when the old one was just fine? Everything looked like Fisher Price.

Give us bigger icons and leave the G-D font alone!
  3. 4wry

My point. The icons were actually good. Most of the controversy was concerning the font. Regardless, I appreciated the new design of vehicle terminals and the intuitive icons of towers etc. Wouldn't it be straightforward to implement the icons without the fonts for the time-being?
    It just seems that all the time invested into this will have gone to waste.
  4. Gremmel

The money.. it went away

I seriously hope the PS4 launch money gets put to better use than the PC launch money did. But what do I know, we all loved the battle island right???? WAAAHH! :.... sigh
  5. y3ivan

How is this a Public Service Announcement (PSA)

Regards to the question, i absolutely hate it. It big enough to annoy what you are shooting at.
  6. Diilicious

welcome to the console gamer mind!