Hrm, remove death stat?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spookydodger, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

This was buried down at the bottom of the test-server patch notes:

• Revives remove the death stat received
    Now, to my eyes that looks like if you get killed, and then get revived, your death stat you just earned will be undone. So instead of say 4 kills for every one death, a person with medic support might get 100 kills for 1 death, for example. IE only a death that occurs before a respawn actually sticks.
    I'm posting it in general as I'm more interested to know what people would think, in general, what would happen if the death stat were so greatly reduced, potentially. Do you think that it would greatly skew the K/D ratio which people claim is not indicative of anything, yet still seem to cling to quite a bit (like when pointing at ZOE being OP).

It seems like MAX KD ratios in particular would get a huge boost as they are quite often revived.
  2. Loegi

I'd think that test server discussions should go on test and that kills and deaths don't matter anyway so it's a meaningless change.
  3. zib1911

Honestly I can give a rats a$$. If you use k/d as a metric then your doing it wrong in this game. People will use whatever stat they can twist to win their argument on these forums. If anything I hope this will promote teamwork in the game.
  4. KAHR-Alpha

While K/D doesn't really matter, maybe it will make those who care about it feel more like being on the frontline.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gedd

To be honest i dont care at all about K/D
    • Up x 1
  6. Spookydodger

I realize many people don't care about KD ratio, however if the discussion with Higby about the ZOE KD ratio, with him bringing it up, is any indicator, people DO use it when they figure if something is balanced.

It will also make comparing KD ratios across time periods difficult because of the scaling effect.

So try not to see this from only your window, but how the stats are used by those that would seek to change the game, for better or for worse.

And to the person who said it was a test-server matter: while the change is on the test server, the ramifications won't be truly felt there as it doesn't really have the numbers or abilities to see those stats in a comparative fashion. The results won't impact us till it is live, and I think the outcome could be significant in ways that we don't yet realize.
  7. Jac70

Totally legit, if you get revived you haven't died!

For all those tears on the way about how KDR kills the game. It's an FPS FFS, get over it :D
  8. Spookydodger

Yes, it would seem to do that. And I agree, that people will use whatever stat they can, regardless of relevance. I suppose it would bring parity to the KD ratios between vehicles and infantry, as a vehicle's does't get killed as often before it must be respawned. Perhaps then it will give a clearer picture at how many infantry a person kills per respawn rather than per death.
  9. Loegi

People that just use K/D to prove a point just hurt their own argument, so that doesn't matter either.

And nothing matters if it doesn't hit live. Doesn't mean you should just ignore the test server forums. Feedback for test features should go there.
  10. smokemaker

Sounds like medic getting a bump.
    Got a good medic that runs with ya. Its advantageous to protect him/her.
    Especially if you track your K/D.
  11. Roll Fizzlebeef

Medics suddenly are used more than Engineers.

Medics rampant across Indar, Esamir, and Amerish.

Suddenly, thread after thread after thread about how the H-V45 is so overpowered and neeeds a nerf.
  12. Seranov

As long as they stay the hell away from my TAR.
  13. Izriul

This makes K/D even more meaningless than it already is. Why not just remove the stat?

I bet "those" who run around demanding people follow them will feel even more "pro" now.
  14. Saiph

This will introduce a new problem. Hoards of dead bodies that everyone is stuck on (BECAUSE OF GOD DAMN CLIPPING ON DEAD BODIES), waiting to be revived.
  15. RasFW

Someone needs to go on and click redeploy then get revived. See if it gives you -1 deaths.
  16. HannaDest

You make no sense. Logic, use it. In your case I suggest modal logic.
  17. SpcFarlen

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  18. siddar

Just another reason KD ratio needs to be reset every month.