How's the LC2 Lynx?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

Apart from the Trac-5 Burst and the Trac-Shot, the LC2 Lynx is the only TR carbine I don't own. After watching a lot of footage of other players using it, it seems like it could be an interesting and fun weapon to use. I've seen a few reviews of the weapon from people such as Zoran and Wrel, but I was wondering what other people's thoughts are on the weapon too.

Although I do play a small amount of LA now and then, I often play Engineer and try to have weapons to accompany certain loadouts. What type of loadout would you use alongside the Lynx? What attachments would you put on it? What situations would you use the weapon for?

Granted everyone's playstyles are different and we each use weapons in different ways, but regardless, any advice/ opinions on the weapon would be very helpful. :)
  2. Iridar51

The main problem with the Lynx is that keeps the bloom of 143 damage weapon, while doing only 125 damage per shot (this is the case for all 125 damage weapons). This leads to worse hip fire and shorter effective range than Lynx's counterparts - GD-7F and Serpent, which also have higher DPS.

Lynx tries to compensate for it with more stable recoil, but there are better options in TR arsenal for "more or less accurate high DPS weapon", such as TRAC 5 and Jaguar.

It's a pity, really. If not for abnormally high bloom per shot, Lynx would be a decent sidegrade to GD-7F and Serpent, and a very interesting CQC weapon in itself, as it does have decent damage per mag, high RoF, high DPS and quick reload - which are all traits desirable in CQC. It also has very optimal 4 headshot kill within 15m, and predictable recoil pattern and low damage range extend the range a bit.

If only not bloom per shot :( which nullifies most of these traits.
    • Up x 1
  3. Deffington

What makes Jaguar different from TRAC-5? And what exactly is the bloom you are talking about?

I'm used to compare guns by power, rate of fire and recoil. Also by my personal feeling about ironsights in other games like Insurgency.
  4. Iridar51

Check out my gunplay guide, it will tell you everything you need about weapon mechanics in PS2. Link is in my sig.
  5. Deffington

Now that's a piece of work, thumbs up!

So, Jaguar has slightly more recoil and less bullet velocity, while it's advantage is 75% strafing modifier. Anything else? Is this a gun I want to choose for CQC Engineer?
  6. Iridar51

The gunplay guide also has the review on the Jaguar in the carbine section, it'll tell you all the pros and cons. I don't really have much to add beyond what's written there.
  7. jmdafk

Thanks, thats a great guide :)
  8. FeralBoy

Well since you stated that besides the Lynx there are only 2 other carbines you don't have in your arsenal you should already have a decent grasp of how to discern each weapon's wheelhouse. The clincher for me in your statement was "...it seems like it could be an interesting and fun weapon to use."

I do not know if you are chasing carbine directives or not, but I can tell you that it is indeed a fun and interesting weapon to use and one of my favorite carbines. I am currently using a Jaguar myself (and it is great as well) but will return to the Lynx as I progress my carbine directives. It's obviously not the strongest of CQC carbines in the TR arsenal, but as Iridar51 pointed out it does have a desirable RoF and if you get the jump the headshots make quick kills.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what constitutes fun for them in a video game but myself, I have always respected the gamer who takes the supposedly mediocre or inferior and makes it seem OP.

Take it for a spin in VR with all the gizmos and attachments and then go buy it with a few certs anyway. It's fun lol.
    • Up x 1
  9. FeralBoy

Sorry, I was at work and had to go pass some meds so I didn't have time to address how I personally use it in load outs.

I currently play Engy the most also and basically swap between 2 load outs for each weapon I currently am using, an AV and an AI load out. I use a 2X scope with mines and an AV mana turret for the AV load out and use a 1X scope with Claymores and/or a Spittie or AI mana turret for the AI load out. I've toyed with 3.4X and 4X scopes from time to time but the 2X is more practical for my tastes running my AV load out.

I generally only use 1 primary weapon at a time per class ( especially across classes like LA/Engineer when pushing weapons directives) so I try to use it in it's wheelhouse and learn to live with it's shortcomings.

It has a fairly respectable hip-fire accuracy already so I've never used the laser-sight yet, I think I've mainly used the forward grip.

As Iridar51 already pointed it does feel pretty soft against the GD-7F and the Serpent lol but I still do find it fun to use.

Cheers.
    • Up x 1
  10. ZDarkShadowsZ

Thanks very much for your input guys! I have been working towards the Trac-Shot and while I did originally choose to purchase the Jag instead of the Lynx, admittedly I soon came to regret my decision since I habitually ADS a lot more than I do hipfire which made me think that the Lynx would be a better option for me, and from footage I'd seen of it and from the input here, it certainly sounds like I'd be far better of with the Lynx not just for directive chasing but because I like to directive chase with weapons I'm going to enjoy and until I can 'get good' with the Jag, it's just not going to be one of them.

I had previously tried both the Lynx and the Jag in VR. I don't know what possessed me to purchase a weapon I knew I would be completely useless with. Thank heavens I bought it before the price changes! :eek:

I'd been keeping some certs aside just in case I decided to cert into the Lynx, and so I think now I definitely will. Thanks again! :D
    • Up x 1