how you use carbine best vs assault rifles, lmg?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ANTiKES, Dec 11, 2012.

1. SQPD

actually, waht i do is scope in with a 3.4x and burst fire on the enemy from a medium range when he is under cover. or just kamikaze him with a liberator like i did and then clear out the rest no scope
  2. SQPD

Use 3 shot burst fire from a fullauto carbine. fullauto comes in handy for assassinating infiltrators. also, buy a 3.4x scope and attatch it to a fullauto carbine. the recoil recovery is very fast so i suggest 3x burst fire by holding trigger 1...2...3... shots. good luck and keep your head down under fire. take advice from a kamikaze pilot who ejects the plane. i made a kill with a liberator on an HA.
  3. RobotNinja

Let me fix this:
    "Strictly speaking, as LA, you're not supposed to win 1v1 straight shooting situation."

Here:
    "Strictly speaking, as a NC LA, you're not supposed to win 1v1 straight shooting situation with default weapons."

If you want to be effective in close quarters combat at all as a NC you'll have to pony up for the cash shop or save your certs.

The only NC class that comes close to being good at CQC with default weapons is the Scatmax but even then you have to unlock the second arm to be effective.

If you want to be effective in close quarters with the LA, you can't go wrong with the GD7F although I would also alternatively recommend the Gauss Compact S. While it's not as great as the GD7F right out of the box, the Underbarrel shotgun/smoke/grenade launcher options make it brutal up close and more versatile than the GD7F.
  4. Ghoest

Really no.

Up close the GD-7F and a shotgun are the best choice - but probably the 3rd best choice is the Merc.
    The Gauss S is a great gun and the under barrel launchers offer a lot - but they dont make it better at CQC. It has a slighly lower DPS than the Merc and up close is where that matters most.
  5. lilleAllan

If you want the edge when going toe to toe, I'd suggest the GD-7F. ROF is 845 meaning you will outshoot pretty much any LMG/AR in close quarters.
  6. warmachine1

Just get PA shotgun & land directly behind them ;)
  7. Phrygen

some carbines win 1v1 in the hipfire department... shields excluded.