how you use carbine best vs assault rifles, lmg?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ANTiKES, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ANTiKES

heya,
    im nc la only with carbine (af-19 merc). During beta i was mowing pretty much any class with no problems at all but i must really say that its getting harder and harder for me to kill guys with assault rifles and lmgs so ive been wondering how i should use my carbine vs those guys best? Currently, i feel like its either headshot them straight away or im down due to their super fast bullets especially on medium range. Most of the time i jump around and let them finish their magazine or lose their special shield( heavy assault) what isnt very brave in my opinion.

So im asking you fellow light assault what your tactics are and in which situations the carbine an advantage has?

Not a thread to cry or something, I hate those guys. If everything goes wrong I'll find it out myself so pls stay with the topic ;)...
  2. InducedApathy

Get closer or use terrain to make them reload/waste ammo. Only class that won't work on is a heavy most of the time due to large clip sizes. They're of course the most used class in the game though. Make them waste shield if you can etc. I always try to get the other guy to reload first as then they're an easy kill. If you can sprint around a corner take some shield damage you have the advantage.
  3. Iridar51

Strictly speaking, as LA, you're not supposed to win 1v1 straight shooting situation.
    If you're shooting an enemy and that enemy is shooting at you, then you're doing something wrong.
    We have jetpacks, we're very mobile. You have to kill enemy before he has a chance of fighting back, if you're in danger of being shot at, flee. Use terrain. Decieve your enemies and shoot them in the back.

Ofcourse, this is not always possible. At these times, imo, the best way to defeat enemy who is spraying bullets all over with a series of precise bursts in upper body/head area.
    • Up x 4
  4. HerpTheDerp

I get what you mean, but all classes in the game have same HP values and differences between ARs and Carbines only come into play at long ranges, so... why not?
  5. Iridar51

Because we're supposed to be a hit and run class.
    Our class ability, jetpacks, have zero effect in sutation "LA shoots HA, HA shoots LA", while other classes have shields, heals, turrets, cloacks, etc..
    It's really hard to hit anyone while jetpacking.
    However, we can excellently use jetpacks to break those kinds of situations, run, hide, then come back and kill.
    Edit: Ofc, LA can jump and jetpack around while enemy is wasting ammo, but even in this situation enemy is at an advantage - he can afford to aim and shoot, you, whilst jetpacking, can only shoot.
    To be fair, it's somewhat easy to use underbarrel grenade launcher on a nearby target while jetpacking, but that's not what the topic is about.
    • Up x 1
  6. Urquhart

Bravery is for the feeble minded, you belong to an order with a hundreds of years old tradition. You stalk, you hunt, you soar gracefully through the night skies, only to swoop down for the kill. Your tools of the Trade are Deception, Mobility and Assassination. You come from where they do not expect you. You sabotage, you harass, you lay traps and ambushes.

If they see you first - run around the closest corner, get up high, take turns, go where they cant go.

They reload? Shoot them from behind.
    They aim at the stairwell? Shoot them through the windows.
    They are stationary in their beloved vehicle of choice? Blow them up.
    You see them capping a Point? Trigger the C4 you planted on top of the capture point.

You are a basically a Ninja with Guns and explosives instead of blades and blowdarts.
    • Up x 9
  7. Iridar51

I take my hat off to you, sir
  8. HerpTheDerp

Well, that or go-to-hard-to-reach-places-and-camp class.
  9. MarlboroMan-E

Part of the problem is that LMGs really took some time for dudes to learn how to use. Bad news, LAs have to get smarter cause we are at a clear disadvantage to the bigger guns.
  10. gunshooter

Carbines are the best full-auto hipfire weapons with the smallest cones. In comparison Assault Rifles are more mid-long range, and LMG's are more "jack of all trades."

LMG's are actually the worst weapons all around, the HA ability is what makes them strong, not their weapons.

I always do better the closer I am to my target, that's just how our damage scales. 1v1 you can beat every class except HA's easily just by body shot hipfiring, and you can beat HA's if you go for headshots though if they use Nanite mesh generator and it's at full you will lose no matter what, that's just how the game works. We have to get the first shot on HA's to win and we have jetpacks so that's not all too hard.

Alternatively, use a shotgun and destroy everyone 1v1.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jourmand1r

You don't really believe what you posted here do you?
    • Up x 1
  12. gunshooter

Explain how I am wrong so that I can gleefully refute absolutely every you say to the point that you have no reply and stop posting forever.
  13. Jourmand1r

LMGs aren't jack of all trades guns. This isn't an MMO. Each of the LMGs is specialized for certain circumstances, just like all the other gun types.
  14. gunshooter

Actually, the gun type is overall better than carbines at range while being worse than assault rifles. They also have better hipfire than assault rifles while having worse hipfire than carbines.

You can easily compare this by looking at the hipfire cone of the specialized hipfire weapons.

For example, the MSW-R vs the Cycler TRV vs the Lynx.

Lynx has by far the smallest cone with advanced laser attached, followed by the MSW-R, followed by the Cycler TRV. These weapons have similar TTK's in hipfire range before you take the cone into account, but with the cones it's clear that the order they're listed is the order of their strength.

You can get specialized weapons for every weapon type, but the specialized long range AR is always better than the specialized long range LMG or Carbine at long range, the specialized hipfire Carbine will always have better hipfire than the specialized hipfire LMG or AR, etc.

A stock carbine has a smaller cone than any lmg or AR with a non-advanced laser. Are you denying this?
  15. Jourmand1r

No. But a jack of all trades is good at all things but great at none.

The LMG is great at some things and bad at others.

I'd like to throw in 2 things. 1. The hip fire on LMGs isn't that bad. 2. I don't use hipfire for anything but extreme close range shooting. Having played a lot of modern fps games, and a season of TWL (not bragging my team got rolled) i have learned to actually use ADS.

People can say hip firing all over the map is more effective than careful aimed shots, but it isnt.
  16. Nehlis

I usually come out on top against HAs in 1v1 situations CQC. And I'm NC. Usually It just involves flying over their head while shooting bursts, because they for some reason do not know how to aim up.
  17. gunshooter

Flying while fighting just gets you killed against anyone not stupid cuz of the massive cone. And being NC hardly changes anything, the GD-7F is insane.
  18. gunshooter

...except the point is that as an LA, you should mostly be "extreme close range shooting" because it's what your weapons are the best at.
  19. Nehlis

I only have the stock gun. And yes, while it's true that it doesn't work against anyone not stupid, it somehow works most of the time.
    Hmmm... TR and VS heavies...
  20. IshanDeston

Won't work on a Medic that knows what they are doing either. I am usually just changing my firing mode if i am engaging in a mid to long range battle. Firing Semi automatic doesn't make you lose bullets and improves overal accuracy.