How well would this setup work with PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Codex561

Base Features
    Processor Type: AMD FX-670K
    Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
    Processor Cores: 4
    RAM 8 GB PC3-12800 (1600 MHz DDR3L)
    Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB
    Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minute): 7200 RPM
    Optical Drive SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Pre-loaded Operating System: Windows 8.1
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 240 Graphics
    Dedicated Graphic Card:
    Yes
  2. Liam23490

Sorry man, but a quad core AMD won't cut it very well. I'd recommend a new quad core Intel or Octa core AMD minimum.

To put things in perspective, I used to have an FX-8320, and my minimum framerate was 27FPS in big battles. I think this was with smoothing enabled. That was a CPU limitation.

Now I have an Intel 4670k and my minimum is like 52, or 56 solid with smoothing - and that's on higher settings than when I had the 8320. Mostly it's above 60FPS.
  3. Maelthra

Don't mean to hurt the feelings of any AMD fans or anything, but ditch the AMD processor and go with an Intel. The game is largely CPU dependent and Intel chips have had higher instructions per clock than AMD chips for quite some time now. Also, that graphics card is pretty weak.
  4. Codex561

Also help me out with this, is Intel integrated HD graphics good?
  5. Ribero

No.

Some of the newer iterations can get by in a few games, but Intel HD is far from ideal.
  6. headshotsultd

I bought an R7 240 from Best Buy while waiting on the RMA on my graphics card. I had to turn everything to the lowest possible settings via the .ini file and had to use a really downscaled render quality just to achieve 15-20fps in platoon fights. Flying was pointless. That's with a 4960X by the way.

CPU aside, you really need something along the lines of an R7 260X to have any hopes of enjoying your playtime, but an R9 270 or better is definitely recommended.

On the Nvidia side you ought to shoot for a GTX 760 or better.
  7. BlackDove

8. FateJH

It may allow you to play the game (mostly on Low as you'll have to coddle the CPU) but it is incomparative to an actual dedicated graphics card.