[Suggestion] How too make construction fun.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frutsel, Mar 22, 2018.

1. LordKrelas

Good.
    That's 4 players in the heaviest ground-vehicles available, that are multi-crew. And they are taking minutes.

Why exactly should an automated base, be able to handle by itself so easily, 4 players in Tanks?
    A hour+ of EXP-granting Cort mining, while enemy units were left unopposed to engage your PMB with Tanks..
    A grand solution perhaps? Guard the damn thing, perhaps with an MBT, so you aren't reliant entirely on Automated defenses handling the biggest vehicle players can bring by itself.

Ants have cloaking technology, to shield technology, to boost technology options.
    And can ram Lightning tanks to death.
    It's not a push-over vehicle.

The Towers don't have a silo range.. You can build them in random fields.
    As well, the limit is to prevent you placing dozens of automated-weapon systems - in addition to making it need a Squad to outfit a base.
    Rather than 3 solo-players create a massive 30 turret defense system by themselves.
    Bigger bases need cooperation between larger groups, not more time by a solo-builder.
    Which is kinda a grand idea in a team-game, that the automated-defense-self-repairing PMBs aren't devoid of a team-work element.
    • Up x 1
  2. DQCraze

How bout the fact you spend 30 min building a base and 2 guys come in and blow it up in 5 min lol
  3. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

"Problem No.1:
    The turrets are already over-nerfed, have zero kill potential, the ai is plain stupid, no even useable when manned by a player and are made out of cardboardbox material. When constuction came out the auto-turrets where fun to build for the builders; they where quick to react and deadly as hell. Thanks to community crying about it is now often better to not build any turrets at all and try not to attract vehicles in the first place, because turrets are useless the way they are now."

True, when mbt's can stand off and take down every one of my turrets, something aint right. Until this is balanced, the only solution I have found is a couple of POB's (Prowlers on a box; [pillbox]) with an ammo dispenser mounted between two pillboxes, a repair sunderer behind the ammo dispenser, a ramp placed to allow the prowlers up on top. Very effective deterent when engies are in the pillbox repairing along with the sundie. Anything can be defeated, but this configuration has at least allowed our outfit to fight back. ST1F.
  4. LordKrelas

You have an automated Turret created from a magic rock that granted EXP for being harvested, being killed by a two-man nanite costing multi-crew Main-battle-tank.
    If a free Turret, completely automated, could kill off the largest land vehicle by itself..
    What the hell, is the point of having any Defenders in your base? Your AI is better than a battle tank.

You want to defeat an MBT? You actually fight it.
    If you want a single AV turret to kill 2-players in the heaviest land-vehicle.. You're gonna need a nanite-costing Tower that is 2-man and no AI.
    No Automated Tower should provide ultimate defense against the largest vehicle on the damn ground.
    • Up x 2
  5. strikearrow

Personally, I believe that until PMB exploits are fixed that PMBs should be disabled.
  6. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

The AV turret can't compete against a deployed MBT with maxed reload speed. The projectile speed is too slow to hit running infantry. The AI is not all that you claim it is. The only really good turret is the AA and AI combo. The anti personnel doesn't react fast enough to really do damage against infil's and the LA's can escape it easily. I can speak to this because I have been playing construction since it came out, almost 6 to 8 hrs a day.
    • Up x 1
  7. LordKrelas

That should be considered Intentional.
    It's Main-battle-tank that is a 2-man multi-crew vehicle, fighting a single-man free turret, that is likely unmanned entirely.
    If it could handle the largest land vehicle by itself, 1v1, without support.. You have a free automated turret better than the largest land vehicle, and do it without a single person - while they need 2-people just to attempt it.

The AI, has flaws.
    But given how infantry are expected to get inside, previously as well, One would expect the automation to not completely erase all possible infantry it sees.
    IE, your entirely autonomous defense should have flaws... which it does.
    This isn't a tower-defense game, where one player sets up lifeless turrets to mow down AI-minions.
    Unlike your Turret, there's someone on the other side.. and they actually are prepared, not fodder.
  8. AtckAtck

yeah, that is LITERALLY what i just said....
    Could not agree more. It is a shame that infantry can now easily run through my base into cover without dying to the turret. Only stupids die to the anti infantry tower nowdays, anybody that knows how to attack a base will get to its weakpoints within seconds disabling it.
  9. Mechwolf

I never touched/seen the construction system, then I was seeing that it took 2k certs for just 1 type of building... and there wasn't a lot people actually USING the system anyways... so I spent all my certs on implants because my computer stopped being able to run this game 2 years ago and I really wanted to see the stuff that seemed to matter since then.
  10. Mechwolf

Construction seems like a fun concept but with that kind of cost... It would take SO long to have the certs to build an effective base... i'd rather not.
  11. BamaRage

Well it was meant to be a revenue generator a task at which it failed miserably from the looks of it.
  12. Twin Suns

Hard Hats, those bright orange vests, some safety cones and definitely a Tonka Truck would be nice.
  13. DemonicTreerat

Snap-to ability for walls & structures So when building a base one doesn't have to spend 5 minutes just figuring out where you have to drop everything to get a secure fit when half the time you can't even SEE the bloody junction due to the fixed distance and lack of an overhead view.

The ability to see the stupidly huge no deploy zones when building. Really annoying to put down a silo and fill it only to find you can put down a key wall because the very edge touches the no-go zone.

Let ANTs function as silos when a silo isn't present. Even if it required the ANT to actively "mine" the item in question to transfer the needed cortium. This way those of us who use the construction system to put up road blocks won't have to keep dropping the cortium-sucking black holes known as silos every time the front line shifts unexpectedly.