How To Win Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Stop being terrible and join a squad.

So. I hear lots of whining about vehicles farming infantry, and infantry unwilling to pull AV or coordinate with other players to kill said farmers. What the infantry should know, is that there is a almost-magical solution to this problem. Look at your keyboard. There should be a key with "insert" on it. If you cannot read (judging by the intelligence of most pubbies I must account for this) it's the key with lots of lines on it. If you are using a laptop, press escape, log out, exit, open the web browser of your choice, and open Amazon or eBay. These websites can be used to find a real computer.*

Alternately, you can press escape, click on the picture of the person wearing headphones, click squad, then press "Join Squad". When you have joined a squad, redeploy.

Now, for a second step. Listen to your audio. Do you hear someone talking and/or giving orders? If not, join a new squad. No, voice pitch doesn't matter. I don't care if they are 13, if they are being intelligent, STAY IN THE DAMN SQUAD AND DON'T WHINE ABOUT THEIR VOICE!

Now, do whatever the squad leader tells you to do. If he/she says redeploy and spawn in a Skywhale, redeploy. It doesn't matter if you're in a freshly spawned Prowler. F***ING REDEPLOY, YOU ARE NEEDED ELSEWHERE! Under no circumstances should you disobey orders, or do anything that the leader tells you not to do.

Now, if you are in a decent squad, congratulations! You are good at this game! Have a free aura- NO. Remember, by playing this game, you are not entitled** to anything. This is a massive game. You are not a unit. You are a healthpoint of a unit. You can take out other healthpoints, but only your leader(s) and squad as a whole is useful and capable of anything meaningful.***

To reiterate, stop being a pubby lemming and join a squad. When a sunderer is burning, switch to engineer and F***ING REPAIR IT! When there are 50 dead bodies in a room and not one enemy, REVIVE THEM!****

So. Now you have no excuse to be terrible. Join a squad and win. Goodnight.

*Not all laptops are terrible, but if you get 15 FPS on low, it's time to upgrade.

**Even if you're a millenial.

***Farming is not meaningful, but tactically suppressing is.

****Unless you're not a medic. If you're a different class, start spamming V-2 or V-7
    • Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

I dunno, I've seen plenty of squads that I was more effective than single handedly. It really depends on how good the solo player is and what they are doing.

That's not to say that going solo is better, but not all solo players are useless.
  3. Verviedi

I specifically warn against joining terrible squads like those.
    And no, gank squads are not true squads.
  4. gigastar

Usually you can find a good squad by joining one thats run by a prolific outfit.

Its basically how [TFDN] has been recruiting since day one.
  5. zombielores

Squad is bad, you leave, don't get why people complain about bad squads when you can press map, select social, leave squad. No one is forcing you to stay but if you stay and complain, squad leads have every right to kick you out.

Joining a good squad is something different, they'll tell you what to do and get results, and you'll generally be more value empire moving in a collective of bodies then as single chickens with your head cut off.
  6. Kunavi

Stop being terrible and join a squad.
    - Why are you telling me how to play, assuming I'm terrible too?

So. I hear lots of whining about vehicles farming.
    - So I hear this is actually an attempt to point out that farming is legitimate because Squads.

STAY IN THE DAMN SQUAD AND DON'T WHINE ABOUT THEIR VOICE!
    - Next step you'll tell us the Squad sucked, not your fault you can farm 80 people over and over. More over, I join Squads regularly and in fact some really effective and more focused ones like 2CA's(Just my humble opinion) and I never needed VOIP. Ever. I do just fine, I have muted Voice Chat and don't run TS.

Now, do what the leader tells you.
    - As long as it has meaning, I'll follow it. I might deviate a little, I might be a bit late. Hard-Core much?

Now, if you are in a decent Squad, congratulations! You are good at this!
    - No, I'm just in a Squad. I'm still as good as I was before, if it feels I'm a lot better, it's because I'm Piggy-Backing or now have crutches, the Squad Medics who want Certs but won't tend to my needs if they don't get +SQD XP.

You are not a unit. You are a HP of a unit. You can take out other HP, but only your leader and Squad as a whole is useful and capable.
    - I don't think this even makes any sense and if it did, I'd still call it over the top generic crap. So sorry.

When a Sunderer is burning F***ING REPAIR IT! When there are 50 dead bodies in a room and not one enemy, REVIVE THEM!
    - Amen. Only... You don't have to be in a Squad for this. Do it anyway.

So. Now you have no excuse to be terrible. Join a squad and win.
    - "And remember kids, if you still don't magically rek *** after joining a Squad of Awesome, it's not that I'm still farming you because I can, it's because your Squad sucks. Also, you suck." Legit advice.

Farming is not meaningful, but tactically suppressing is.
    - Let me guess, you're tactically suppressing? ****.

And that's already more than I care to say here so reply as you may but I'm not coming back to prove you wrong and paint you for the MLG Farmer you are. Nice Scythe pic by the way. Not that I'm implying it's evidence of anything, just a nice pic...
  7. Zenanii

Where the heck are people like you (OP) whenever I'm leading randoms?
  8. Bassett

and you main inf in squad play? man the number of times your SL or PL must have given you an order that you never heard..
  9. Ztiller

I will join a squad, when i find one that can keep up with me and who strives to make a difference.
  10. FieldMarshall

Tells people how to win at PS2.
    Doesent even know how to use [PSA] tag.
  11. Crator

So, if you don't know what you are doing you need leadership... The best way to get it is to join a squad/platoon... Either that, or suck it up and learn to play on your own (if you can)..... There's plenty of great online resources and in-game interface guides to help you learn too.... Just member one thing, you are not a bad player if you die a lot... Everyone dies in a lot in this game... You need to learn more if you are having a hard time getting kills though... Notice I didn't say you needed a better gun... You just need to learn where to position yourself and which classes should be used in different situations....
  12. KenDelta

Quit teaching people how to play!!
    You're the reason my harvest is getting lower and lower!!
    goddamn you!
  13. Allin

I would be fine with just "look at the ******* minimap". Too much to ask nowdays though.
  14. Verviedi

The closest thing I do to farming is spamming Lasher everywhere at East Canyon. I fly Scythe to kill farmers and other aircraft, not tactically suppress peasants.

*Takes an extremely dramatic bow*
  15. IPLAYTF2

join a squad where i will have to share/compete with my fellow teammates for kills/xp i think i'll pass

solo for life
  16. Verviedi

This sort of thinking is toxic to the game.
  17. Tuco

So I joined this squad that was attacking Allatum Botany Wing from TI alloys. You know that area where you're fighting westwards across a bridge, where infantry with rocket launchers have the high ground, and 1 reverse slope under the bridge, in 3 stages that makes using harrassers kind of suicidal?

"Durr, ok let's all get harrassers, durrrr." Seriously the squad leader said that.

Well we all get harassers, and all I know is that I only damaged 1 other tank before I quickly died. So I grab my max-zoom, lockdown, AP prowler, and park up at the crown and start picking off tanks 1 by 1.

"Duuuur, that 1 prowler sitting at the crown is going to be kicked, duuuuuur."

Well after I get kicked I proceed to damage or destroy about 40 tanks and 20 sunderers. I get far more kills by not being in most of these squads. Most are either zergfits or derpsquads, and it's probably a good thing cause a less effective enemy means more kills for me.
  18. jiggu

The only winning move is not to play.
  19. FateJH

So, basically, you get in a bad squad, acknowledge that it is a bad squad, stay in the said bad squad, eventually get kicked from the said bad squad, then cite the said bad squad to make a point about something?

Also, I doubt they spoke or typed any form of "Dur." The former less likely than the latter.
  20. Hasteras

Something tells me you're a baby boomer.

Don't even get me started.