[Suggestion] How to stop meet grinders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lina Garjzla, May 22, 2019.

1. Lina Garjzla

So on Emerald VS started and alert on Esamir with 70% of the territory. this is what it looked like with 37 minute left in the alert. Devs you spawn changes did nothing to stop this.
    [IMG]
  2. pnkdth

Why would it?

33% pop per faction. Well played VS.
    • Up x 2
  3. Skraggz

Other to faction need crutches... that's what OP is asking for. Esamir is now wrapped in spandex.
  4. Atmospherocephalic

vanu is what will ultimately kill this game.
  5. Lina Garjzla

And no one from the ND or TR went to take any of the VS territory because they where (Farming/they hate fighting the VS) the is what I was told when I told the to stop fighting and attack the VS.
  6. Towie

It's the classic 'double-teaming' issue - if it's any consolation, VS get double teamed a lot on Cobalt right now. Any faction can suffer from this phenomenon - until recently it's been NCs 'turn'.

I've yet to see any meaningful attempt to address this.

The beauty of an open-world shooter is that people can do exactly what they want.
    The scourge of an open-world shooter is that people will do exactly what they want.
    • Up x 1
  7. FLHuk

My faction always gets double teamed.... I play all three and I hear it all the bloody time ;)

Out played, move on
    • Up x 2
  8. AlcyoneSerene

Shall we nerf VS some more to become the f2p budget NS faction that lacks the pay2win NSO OP gear (kuwa)? And nerf TR some more too because its colored red to become NS/NSOs vs nc?

nc players said play nc. I did and still do but out of my own curiosity, on two servers, my k/d is higher on both of those than on VS & TR and routinely perform way better even as a lowly BR, but apparently nc needs more buffs. By all means, I look forward to the outcome of that & have been preparing since day 1 of when I made my TR. Buff nc!

I could say the same to you, try playing VS or TR, but you can't play TR anymore on DX9 on a budget system to see just how the tr faction trait performed and what impact it had for the average TR player back then.

Don't just get carried by the average better VS players, go out on your own and find fair 1vs1s using VS gear. Then see if you'll be back asking devs for more nerfs which at this point would just make budget NS faction vs nc, the 2 faction game so many have been asking for (I don't).

One thing I will say, which applies to any faction:
    1. for cheating to be taken seriously. No excuse for seeing blatant cheaters (invincible scythes, teleporting shotgunners, etc.) and the more insidious subtle cheaters.
    2. netcode to be improved. This is not a competitive game because of the massive network discrepancies between any two players which is further compounded by being deliberately exploited by point 1. above.

Maybe in the far future others will be playing planetside3 run on a highly secure server with practically zero input lag, but until then, there's a lot still possible to make ps2 more competitive and balanced.
  9. JibbaJabba

Sorry OP, need way more context for that to be useful.

They started alert at 70%.... Was the continent full the whole time, or was there a bunch of ghost capping?
    What were NC/TR doing? They got stuck in some stupid 96+ vs 96+ in the Mani region didn't they?

Ultimately though the population is even. TR and NC commanders suck. Don't blame Dev.
  10. Skraggz

They decided to push back at 15 minutes till, the nc had a HUGE roaming armor zerg, at bases that didn't matter as the fighting point had moved 3 bases in on their territory. And by huge I mean the better side of 20 vanguards and sundys. When it was almost over I was at freyr amp fighting nc, and right next door nc was pushing on tr... this 100% is a leadership problem and poor decisions by players.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

yupp, i rotate factions on cobalt but whenever i get into a alert it´s my faction that loses for some reason xP
  12. Towie

Sometimes the leader of a platoon will just do something different instead (if the alert is lost anyway, may as well have some fun along the way). Usually with the blessing of the rest - its either that or spend half an hour being farmed.
  13. I'm so dead

I was at this alert. It was a massive cert farm fight at the bio-lab. I was playing TR (NC main though) tons of certs occurred. We didn't give a dang in this alert about the VS. Was more than winning the alert since it was 2x event. My medic loved the 500 certs within 40 minutes I was there.
  14. Skraggz

That's fine and dandy but then you get people that don't fully understand what is going on running the forums ask the dev's to need something because vs this nc that tr this.... I am just saying, they deserved that loss.
  15. JibbaJabba

Ah, hadn't really thought of that until now.

Yeah, some strategies go out the window during double XP weekend. You can get more iso breaking down cert purchased loot boxes than you can by winning alerts.

Plus let's not forget why we're all here: To have fun. If one side loses badly in some alert but had a blast doing it, then that's winning in my book.