How to shoot better?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brainiac88, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Gustavo M

1- Increase your mouse sensitivity.
    2- Adapt yourself to It.
    3- Don't get nervous while shooting someone.
  2. Clutchstep

Each weapon does react a bit differently, so try not to switch weapons/classes too much. Going between medic/HA/LA is going to just confuse you. Pick one and stick with it until you're used to the weapon. Part of this is trial and error, and learning what ranges a gun is good at, how big a burst you can handle, how quickly the clip runs out, etc.

A lot of it is playstyle, and finding the right playstyle for you. I suck at close range 1v1 encounters, so I try to keep my distance and hide behind cover. Try out different ranges/tactics and find one you're comfortable with that is fun for you.

I use a trackball instead of a mouse, and it makes recoil compensation really easy, even for the worst NC guns. If you have a trackball handy, give it a try.
  3. Saool

4. RasFW

Well, theres your problem. You were playing CoD before this. Welcome to a real FPS. :p
  5. DiedTrying

I'd say I'm in the top 25% for shooting quality.

But I have trouble in PS2. Mostly from various forms of lag, especially after the big patch.
  6. MasterCheef

I hate how it feels like i get killed a lot faster than i can kill. I swear that i die in less than a second, yet when i get the drop on someone they always seem to have time enough to react and move out of the way.

Sometimes it even feels like i was hit with 2-3 bullets at most before i die. It makes me wonder if its my connection that registers late, because i can rarely kill people as fast. Either that, or people are just REALLY good at head-shotting ALL of their rounds.
  7. fish998

I've heard the best FPS players actually use low sensitivity.
  8. MorganM

Reading the OP was like reading my inner thoughts. I'm by no means 'great' now but I've been getting better. Here's some things I noticed that are really helping.

1) T9 CARV is my nemesis. That's the default gun for the TR heavy assault. Try switching to an Engineer or Medic which use the TRAC-5 carbine. I know... you're thinking... "Dude the heavy assault guy has the big awesome machien gun... it MUST be better!" It's not... really... the rate of fire makes the recoil add up so fast that you can't hit anything at medium range or long range. The cross hairs are so far apart you can't hip fire at ANY range. In close you maybe have a chance but still the recoil is sooo bad. I have way more success and kills hip firing with a TRAC-5 than ADS on a T9. I've killed plenty of heavy assault guys with my little TRAC-5. Just because your an ENG or MED doesn't mean you can't kill people!

2) As you are ripping off a burst push your mouse slowly forward.... oh man... check it out! You just compensated for vertical recoil! Keep trying... you have to force yourself to be better.... it's not gonna just happen.

3) Learn the common big bases. I don't mean just learn how to get from the ground to the inside of a bio lab. I mean learn exactly where that one little building is, where the stairs are, and exactly which way they turn up into objective A. Only then can you have a chance at out smarting your enemies. Watch for patterns... like at amp stations people tend to go for certain generators first... know exactly where the entrances / exits are to those generators... get into position so that you can catch them coming / going out and get the drop on them or flank them. I know this isnt advice on how to aim better but if you are in a good position and get the drop on your target you more calm and can calculate your shooting more precisely.... instead of getting ambushed... freaking out... swinging your mouse all over... spraying bullets... and hopping you hit something.
  9. Brainiac88

Thanks for all your help :3 I expect that this tips can help others whom pass the same problem I share.

Just for more details about my case:

Most used weapon: Trac-5

Attachments: Reflexes (1x or 2x) while day, IRNV by night, Foward Grip (less horizontal recoil o/), Suppresor (damn this thing, seen to make my carbine don't hit nothing anymore)

Question about barrel attachs: Did the Flash suppresor changes something in bullet speed? Is worth to cert?

Question about the gun: What ****** hell is the best utilization for carbines? All ranges or Close-Mid only?
  10. Hael

This is true. I mean... technically the best players use a mouse that allows for hotswapping sensitivities, but ultimately you want a high sensitivity laser and a low sensitivity software setting. Ideally you want just enough to pull just over a 180 without lifting the mouse off the pad.
  11. Jack_Frost

Go VS - ez mode weapons ;)