How to properly balance tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Obscura

yep and to fight other tanks, I mean you can kill individual infantry with the AP gun but tanks from my perspective are to combat other armor and to support friendly infantry and disrupt enemy infantry. In real life tanks usually have 3-4 man crews and can switch between anti armor and HE shells at will depending on the target, but then again only changing the resource system would allow for that.

Currently vehicles in general are too flimsy and too easy to pull in succession especially for members, I think if resources for vehicles took more effort to acquire and costed a substantial amount of those resources they wouldnt be spammed as much and that would allow for the devs to buff them so they can be as feared as armor and aircraft are in real life. That would probably have a psychological effect on players when they use the vehicles to use teamwork to be effective over just using individual skill.
  2. XenoxusPrime

All i see is crap base design and stupid players.....
    • Up x 1
  3. placeholder22

Wait, what? Compared to what? The Liberators Tank Buster? Vanguard AP + Halberd Alpha? Locked down Prowler?

What vehicles aren't too flimsy against is Infantry weapons. HE weapons being super-murderous would be fine if infantry wouldn't require geological time to whittle down a tank with puny handheld rocket launchers, or run through radar-infested and thermal-visioned territory to take ages apply C4 (why did infantry become the least stealthy thing in the game?)

Where is the "Does not show up on thermals" implant? Where is the dumbfire rocketlauncher that can 1HK a tank from behind instead of allowing the tank to think "Ah, there you are, +1 Kill"
  4. FBVanu

Tanks are perfectly balanced in this game. There is no imbalance.

There is no need to change all the maps/continents just to get a few more tanks to engage each other.. (besides the fact that this will not happen for obvious reasons..)

Did all tank shells get the big nerf ax ? Yes.
    Was it completely overdone? Yes.
    Did it suck for a while? Yes. But it hasn't stopped tankers from grinding through that and now we are making it work.

HEAT and HE are not useless.. they are all situational and can be used to great effect, in the right hands.

There is no balance issue with tanks. There is no "I win shield" in a Vanguard, there is no OP shell or any of the other whining complaints about tanks...

I'll probably get some rage tells for this post... :rolleyes:
  5. CipherNine

HE nerf didn't happen on accident. People expect to be able to defend the base just with infantry. No AMSes, no tanks of your own.

Personally I think this game needs siege weapons such as HE Prowlers but those siege weapons need to have much lower armor and be much less manueverable so infantry defenders actually stand a chance of destroying them.

Armor of a Harasser, agility of a Vanguard, splash damage of pre-nerf HE Prowler. That would be ideal siege vehicle I think.