[Guide] How to not be a C4 victim as a tanker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Endlos

It's fun debating with people that can't even remember who they quote or what they say. Only mistake I made was assuming you were also the one that wrote the OP, not that you were simply agreeing with it. All VS avatars look the same to me. All other points in my earlier post still stand.
  2. jak

I think you're taking "movement" to mean going directly away from a C4er. It simply means you are not static in your location. After shooting (and with the assumption of some movement), it allows you to not be immediately identifiable on the minimap, which is the main source of information I personally use when deciding to go for a tank. If you don't consistently show up in one area on the minimap, I can't plan a reliable route to get to you (keep in mind I'm usually having to navigate through enemy lines) and you therefore become much, much less of a target unless I decide to get personal. Which means a good tanker gets to farm me.
    • Up x 1
  3. jak

I don't think it is for a skilled driver. I also don't think prox radar is better than IR Smoke for a skilled driver. My lessons here are to educate those that may be inexperienced and frustrated dying to C4ers and give them insight as to how I operate so they can see that there are ways to avoid people like me reliably. As they become more used to these lessons, they will be able to utilize better situational awareness and their knowledge of enemy tactics to not have to sacrifice auto repair or IR smoke.
    • Up x 1
  4. Spookydodger

I love me some skinny jeans on my Lightning.

And truthfully, only a couple of skinny jean wearers need to be in a small company of sensible pants wearers to make them safe from bricks of joy.
    • Up x 1
  5. Spookydodger

vehicle stealth is well used if you are a fast vehicle operating behind enemy lines or as individuals or small groups. It prevents you from automatically showing up on the radar when you fire, and reduces the time you remain spotted by Q. It also increases the time it takes to lock onto you, so you get more time to find cover.

It's not a bad option, especially for lightnings and harassers. MBTs move a bit too slowly to be that useful, and if they do, they probably are rocking AA on top to prevent aircraft from farming them, so aren't as effective killers.
  6. Dis

Logic on the PS2 forums? I won't stand for it.

Reported.
    • Up x 2
  7. Spookydodger

For MBTs yeah, I would agree. They are study enough to weather quite a few missile hits but C4 will ruin them. If I didn't love magburner so much, I would certainly equip radar on my Magrider.

For MBTs with a competent top gunner, it's a little more feasible to defend against C4 with eyeballs. Though seriously, tanks in the real world rarely operate in tight conditions without infantry support. A couple of competent infantry would work wonders as well. It would be even nicer if there was an xp reward for kills earned by the tank. Hrm, I think I'll make that suggestion now.
  8. jak

Truth be told, I actually thought about splitting it off into categories for lightning/MBT and even ES MBT, but I thought that was a little too much information for a regular guy trying tanks out to deal with at once, so I kept it basic. Then again, I had hopes this would be more of a discussion tankers could have on how they deal with C4ers to help their fellow tankers, but it's understandable that people focus on the C4 cost debate as it's a hot item.
  9. Ranik

There is no conversation to have really. Armor is and has been pushed further and further into a glorified artillery role for ages now. If what you were trying to have was a discussion about how an experienced tanker should educate a new tanker? Then fine. I'll start.

"Your vehicle is a giant glass cannon / Bullet magnet that must be played as a mobile artillery piece. You will need to equip multiple Utility slots (IR smoke / Prox radar / and probably ES ability too) to have a decent gameplay experience however you can only equip one at any given time. So your best bet is to basically hide in a zerg or behind infantry. "

That is honest and accurate advice.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ender

I haven't read the rest of the pages yet....but when you target one DA, you get all of us ;) You've been warned :)
    • Up x 2
  11. jak

12. Eyeklops

Reading this thread makes me want to play Light Assault again. I haven't touched LA in ages, gotta finish my medals for HA first, but damn it's tempting. :)
  13. raidzero

Sounds to me like someone knows their ez button is getting re-programmed!
  14. EliteEskimo

When you come after one BWC member you come after all BWC members...:eek: challenge accepted! :D
    • Up x 1
  15. jak

This makes me question my faith in humanity.
    • Up x 1
  16. jak

When are your normal play hours, Eskimo? I might partake in a special mission....
  17. Eyeklops

I lost faith in humanity years ago.
  18. EliteEskimo

Typically BWC OP days which are Tuesdays and Fridays Prime time from 5-10 P.M normally. We have a massive OP today, so come at me bro. I'll be rolling with Task Force Rampage, so if you like taking on a coordinated certed Prowler Fleet then you will love tonight:cool:
    • Up x 1
  19. vanu123

The best way to beat C4 is to look up and not park next to buildings. C4 needs no nerfs whatsoever people just need to be smarter.
  20. vanu123

With how much C4 costs along with the massive risk and 99% probability of dying if the driver & or gunner is actually aware and bothering to look up it should 1 short or I guess in this case lay 2 bricks down and blow it up taking 3-5 seconds of valuable time. Also it despawns as well.