How to nerf LMGs, without nerfing the heavy

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Leivve, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Khallixtus

This is correct. I have played HA in this situation and played against the HA in this situation. If the person getting the drop on the HA can aim, the HA is screwed, especially if they use Resist. If it's one of those super BR100s running with Adrenaline, then it might be close, but you shouldn't be losing unless it's longer ranged.
  2. Joe_da_cro

the LMG weapon isnt the problem with Heavies. the problem with them is their over shield that they can toggle at will. all it takes is making the over shield like the ZOE max ability..... you turn it on and it stays on until its gone. This makes the heavy play pretty close to how it is but gives players a counter by running away and attacking once its gone. I cant believe this hasn't even been implemented yet. on top of that it makes shields like adrenaline have its use as it extends its use if you can get chains kills off. or a quick top up if you kill someone after it has been depleted.
  3. Goretzu

The problem with HAs is people scripting medikit spam, if you remove that 95% of "super-HAs" disapear.

Other than that they could be redesigned to have more base armour, slower base movements speed and shield only to block AOE to make them more PS1 HA-like, but that shouldn't be a nerf, as their base power should be about what it is now which is fine so long as medikits aren't abused.
    • Up x 1
  4. NCstandsforNukaCola

Medkit macro user should be punished for sure
    I've seen some cases even as LA.
  5. Goretzu

Yeah it is an issue with all classes that have them, it just synergises exceptionally well with the HA shield until it becomes a real problem.

95% of people that meet a seemingly "immortal" HA (that isn't just a plain hit-reg bug anyway) will have met a medkit (likely autohotkey) scripter.
    • Up x 1
  6. CuteBeaver

Going to chime in here.

I'd rather see medkits be removed from Heavies then any kind of shield delay that was originally proposed. I feel it would be unfair and unfun to punish the players using Heavy Assault for having "good timing". If they want to have super human reaction speed - go forth glowly man. As tempting as it is to want a bonus for flanking... there has to be a better way. We all know how ****** client delays are with infil cloak and I just cant bring myself to wish EXTRA delay on anyone... Imagine 96+ v 96+ fights they would be hell for anyone to use their shield with any degree of reliability and it would be a horrible playing experience for them.

The game needs to stay fun, and not become frustrating. I really think removing medkits, has merit. Again I would suggest go slow, and wean Heavies down to using restoration kits first. Give the game a few months and see if only using resto kits stops the medkit tanking problem we have right now.

Personally I'd also like to see a shield revamp, one specific to AV, one for infantry, and possibly something new designed like ZOE (without the movement perks) to give them more of a hard hitting option but increasing their overall risk instead of offering protection. (And for goodness sake let them turn it off at will...) I would ideally like to see ZOE inspired shield thingy used to power up longer range weapons and encourage good usage of cover while simultaneously allowing heavies to shed their squishy layer of extra hp shield fat for pure muscle with an SMG or another CQC weapon. Opening up a few extra play-styles which favor seizing the initiative in a different way (unleashing the pain) then what we currently have with regards to LA's or infils.

In any case - I don't have the experience as a Heavy. I and I havn't kept up to pace with the LMG changes enough to say anything specific. I Just hope the developers know what they are doing...I am completely unimpressed and I highly doubt these changes to LMGs will be enough to dethrone the heavies from being the most played class by a wide margine and cause a noticeable population shift. Imagine a souped up HA firing extra awesome lasher rounds or using his glowy goodness to infuse extra lethal suppression fire. I would imagine pre-fire on doors with this option would be very deadly and it opens legetimacy for SMG heavies without being "tanky".

Something else needs to be done but I don't think nerfing shields "functionality" and making them feel clunky and broken is the correct answer. I like the medkit removal idea and also the movement speed -10% or might be a good start. Slower is good but they still have to feel like an infantry player. If anything I think maxes need to really be slowed down considerably and movement speed between the heavy and the max should be tuned. We have to be careful about suggesting nerfs to the heavy without considering they are often what deals with enemy max units. The speed they have is just as required in order to handle them as it is for us, and if any changes happened to their movement speed maxes would need to be altered as well. You can see it becomes slippery slope pretty fast. The max also needs to be tuned for regular infantry... and their movement speeds too.
  7. CuteBeaver

Tired and medicated... I bid you all goodnight and if you can extract anything of value from the ramblings above +1 karma.