How to Make the Heavy Work?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Hiding in VR, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hiding in VR

I am having a real hard time with the Heavy Assault.

I think of it as "The Basic" class, its the most similar to the generic FPS player and so was the class I concentrated on learning when I started the game. However since PU2 I cannot seem to make the class work. The lack of headshot protection combined with a movement penalty make the Overshield of dubious benefit. When I play an Engineer I laugh when I see an HA pop their shield because it makes the Headshot easier, and its not as if I am a particularly good shot. Combined with the lack of accurate firearms I am finding the class frustrating and the situations where I think "I should use a HA for this, have become few and far between." On top of all this I hear they are planning on nerfing the Overshield so that it takes longer to turn on :confused:

Clearly I am not doing it right. Can any experienced players here help me fall back in love with the HA?

Currently I have these slot options available:

NMGx6
    NWx5
    Flakx5
    Restorationx2

My weapons of choice:
    TMG-50 w/3.4 scope, Fwd Grp & Compensator
    ASP-30 Grounder
    Underboss w/Dark Light

ps: Waiting for the day when I hear a squad leader say, "Right everyone switch to your Heavies"
  2. Dead soldier

LOL, you think heavy assualt is useless. IF you want another "I win class", try max.

**preparing for much flame**
  3. Ruvan

Your problem is your weapon and scope choice, imho.

TMG-50 with a 3.4x is a good weapon at a very specific range. However, the range is very niche and other weapons perform to a higher standard across a wider variety of ranges.

Pick up an MSW-R with an Advanced Laser Sight, Soft Point Ammunition and a 1x reflex or HS/NV, and it will be night and day.

Flak Armor and Grenade Bandolier are the premier two suit slots for group play. Grenade Bando with concs is especially sick.

Adrenaline Shield is basically a direct upgrade to NMG in most instances if you have rank 4/5. Rank 5 Adrenaline is also pretty sick.
  4. Hiding in VR

I think you have replied to the wrong thread :rolleyes:
  5. TheBloodEagle

Really not worth putting the 3.4 on the TMG-50 now. After changes a few updates ago the recoil on it is atrocious. I have it Auraxium'd and used it since game launch. I bet you'd do so much better with even just iron sights. Another issue is, compensator gives your better accuracy but makes you show on the map further out & the current fade-out delay tracers give away your position instantly. This is fine in big cluster-humps like Bio Lab but in anything more dispersed everyone always goes for the dot on the mini-map or follows the tracers. Being "stealthy" is critical. So I use suppressor for most fights and you won't believe what an advantage/edge it gives you when you don't get seen instantly on the map, especially further out than usual. The 167 damage tier of the TMG-50 will knock down opponents very quickly especially if you're in an advantageous position & places where range fights naturally occur but still offer "stealthiness" like Amp Station walls....167 damage PAWNS..
  6. Vorxil

Is there any LMG out there worth having 3.4+ scopes on? The recoil in general is just too bad to make any full use of those. Unless you prefer plinking.
  7. TheBloodEagle

The only LMG that I use it on is the NS-15M (also Auraxium'd) but even then I can do just as well with iron sights at ranges. Although the T16 is stable enough for it too. But optics don't do weapons as much justice here unlike CoD/BF/ARMA series.
  8. starlinvf

Heavy works for Sandvich

[IMG]

Anyway. MSW-R, and use it like you would an Assault Rifle.
  9. NCstandsforNukaCola

Pretty fine with this set up except for 3.4x

TMG 50 is already good with 2x at mid to long range(I think getting over than 3.4x is not that effective in PS2, just saying :)
    NMG and NWA gives you the most effective health against small arms which is more than Resist shield
    The downside is too much long downtime. But even consdering that, it is good choice

Flak for AV, AA duty.
    LIke NMG and NWA works, It is great against explosive spammers.

and I recommend you don't slap a compensator on your gun.
    TMG 50's vertical recoil is not that hard to compensate.
    and HVA, it's purely personal preference, but when you get this, TMG 50 becomes like a laser beam
  10. NCstandsforNukaCola

Oh wait
    I got a smart answer
    Just do not play it
    'cause SOE will mess up with this class
  11. Hiding in VR

Thanks for the feedback all.

I had pretty much decided I had the wrong scope so I was not surprised by your suggestions. I shall swap to a 2x and then look at the MSW-R. All the while hoping SOE don't nerf the Overshield.

cheers