How to improve with the NS Archer????

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximaster, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I get some kills versus MAXes but its difficult versus infantry,either i have little advantage versus small vehicles. I really like this weapon but seems that versus infantry its bad. Any tips???

PD: Please dont make jokes about my K/D ratio or my xp/minute,i usually play engineer with the NS Archer as main weapon,and u cant imagine how difficult is to kill other things that not are MAXes...
  2. BlackSteel97

Get a good sidearm, and use it as if it was your main and the Archer your secondary.
  3. BlackSteel97

Another option is to watch Wrel's review of the gun. He usually has suggested loadouts on his weapon reviews videos.

4. Pointyguide2

and watch out for smoking on ground and in the air
    if you get lucky you get a kill.
  5. Pixues

There is no getting good against infantry with it.

- You kill Maxes.
    - You scare away anything else (also scare maxes occasionally).

I see it as a 'Bee-sting' type of gun.
    Everything in game can be damage by the archer.

You're just forcing people to take cover or look around. Its a support weapon with a little kill potential.
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

The thing is it is supposed to be relatively poor AI-wise, but actually it works ok if you use it AI-wise like you might a sniper rifle (only on Engi) - it is no where near as effective as one, but you will get AI kills with it (it's also really good vs flashes, harrassers and ESF other Vehicles it is usually worth taken a shot if you can safely).

Personally I only really specifically pull it where I expect to be supporting at a position at long range from the majority of opposition or when there's juicy MAX targets about.

I don't think I'd ever run around with it as a default weapon.
  7. Alexkruchev

My suggested changes to Archer would be... very little. Make it an all class weapon, for one. (HA excluded). I also would like for it to have an ammo option

Flak Ammunition:
    Damage buff vs. Maxes removed.
    Damage to MBT/Sunderers removed.
    Adds flak burst effect against aircraft to Archer shot. Shot does damage roughly equal to 2 burster shells from a MAX unit. This would give the Engi a light anti-aircraft weapon it could carry at the expense of it's primary weapon, and would lose AT viability.
  8. BlackSteel97

So we'll have LAs sniping maxes from unreachable positions?
    So much for balance.
  9. Alexkruchev

Sooo maybe not the LA class, unless they gave up C4 for it. >.>;
  10. Jac70

I just unlocked it today because I want to complete the Sniper Rifles directive and wanted to have something as a break from Infiltrator.

I have found it to be quite good against MAX suits, especially ones who are at a good distance. It's useful against troops especially if you hang back and engage enemies who may not be full health. Against light vehicles it's poor. Against tanks it's practically worthless. It's even weaker than the Lancer so only viable in a dedicated team - you need 4-5 Lancers to be a threat so you're gonna need 10 people all firing these things in a co-ordinated manner to be a danger to a tank column.

Not sure if I've got the endurance to Auraxium this thing.
  11. Jac70

After using it for a few days I find it quite amusing but would suggest some changes...

I'd like to see it do a little bit more damage against vehicles. Presently it is more or less pointless even shooting at a tank unless your entire army is also firing rockets at them. I shot a tank that was on fire yesterday and didn't get a kill. The Engineer has access to the AV Mana turret (which is and has always been massively OP for what it it - it does more damage than a Phalanx turret FFS). To carry the Archer you have to sacrifice your primary weapon for something that makes you a sitting duck against other infantry and for this you get something that is weak against everything except MAXes.

Slightly increases damage against vehicles and reduce the daft amount of damage done by AV Mana turrets .
  12. DeadlyPeanutt

make it a secondary and give it the same damage against armor as it has against maxes.
    then i'd use it... i own one now, don't pull it out often.
  13. Iridar51

I'm sorry, did you just use words "MAX" and "balance" in a single sentence?
  14. Pelojian

It's a niche anti-max rifle intended to help vehicle users kill or disrupt AV MAXes constant spamming from long range, it does damage heavy armor, just because it can doesn't mean it should deal more damage and become another problem to tankers when it was meant to be a problem solver for tankers.

It's extremely niche by design.
  15. chuck105

At least light armor. Tanks are fine but I should be able to do more than tickle lightnings. And 3 hits to kill a flash?