[Suggestion] How to improve the Magrider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oracle617, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Balake

By the difference that it is played more prowler and vanguard. More gametime.
  2. Balake

Yeeeah... I'll just put this here. Quote on another comment i made:

Averaged daily weapon stats. These daily averages are re-calculated each day, from the previous 30 days data. Data as of 17th June. Average playtime (h)

Supernova FPC
    Titan-150 AP
    P2-120 AP

there are your facts. Happy? Like i said, nearly 100 hours. <--- Note the "nearly" word. And again "Only good players pull Magriders!" Not somthing i have said. If you can read my whole sentences or phrase them right you would see some words that make the statement. Its called "about" for example. That means since there are fewer magrider drivers that pull the vehicle, the tank is the worst FACTUAL at practically every stat, they must be better drivers. Its taking facts and looking at the most likely outcome.
    Well you have not actually debated anything useful. But alas.

"I said nearly but okay. For every 2.5 seconds a magrider can boost a vanguard can be about immune for 12 seconds. Still does not add up very well...? "
    Hmm. 6 seconds (used shield) 45 second recharge. 45+6 =51. 20 second recharge on magboost. 51 : 20 = 2.55, so i were pretty damn close. Needed that last 0.05. Yeah, totally wrong here. You dont need to add the last 6 seconds because of how i phrased it, " for every time the vanguard can use its shield".

Okay lets go with some facts.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/P2-120_AP
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Titan-150_AP
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Supernova_FPC

if you take non upgraded. Only main weapon because i dont want to write a ******* book. 12 seconds for easy math (vanguard timer)

Vanguard damage 12 seconds: 2075 * = 6225 dmg. (since it has 4 seconds reload)
    Prowler damage 12 seconds: 2500 * 4.8 = 12000 dmg. (took 4.8 to be exact)
    Magrider damage 12 seconds: 1865 * 3.2 = 5968 dmg (took 3.2 to be exact here too)

What? That would mean that a magrider has lower dps AND dmg than the other 2??

Armor: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance

Waow Magrider and prowler is equally armored. And vanguard has 5 % more front armor, and 7 % more side and top armor (which is totally fine, its a push tank, its supposed to be like that. im not saying that) And prowler has equal armor resistance to the magrider even tho (undeployed) has over double the dps. What?

Speed: 51 for mags, 55 for vanguards, 60 for prowlers. This is stock

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/14ysxv/everything_you_ever_wanted_to_know_about_tanks/

Muzzle:

Vanguard:275 m/s.
    Prowler: 250 m/s (when deployed gains 30 % more muzzle adds up to 325 m/s, so 50 more than the vanguard)
    Magrider: 225 m/s.

And climbing will be better for vanguards, prowlers and lightnings soon.

• Acceleration now happens more quickly.
    • Breaking will halt the vehicle more quickly.
    • Traction is better all around, these vehicles no longer slide on slopes you’d expect to climb.
    Hey, i said i would not do it but ill throw in a pic. " http://i.imgur.com/5vVO8KQ.gif" Show TTK for all secondaries. Hmm, tho they might be somewhat better, this does not make up for alot more armor and shield, and 2x dps.

All have a health pool of 4000 health.

Tho would take time to show, i can lean on my experience to say that magrider has the most drop... Yeah. Metal has less drop than plasma.. Tho will leave this somewhat out, because you wanted facts.

"Add on that a bosster that bumps your speed up to 100 kmh for a second or so ... in good hands it is evil but it is underpowered when put next to the other MBT's."

48 % reload speed and 30 % muzzle, making the 12000 dmg nearly 24 000 dmg in 12 seconds.
    shield of 2000 with vanguards armor, making it possible to survive for lets say ish 4 seconds to be ish in the middle. That would mean one shot more making it 8300 dmg
    1 second boost. Whoopdido.

And to your other argument that we can do dipshots. By having the turret ontop of the tank you can drive into small holes to have just your turret sticking up, a mag cannot do that in the same way. Each tank profile has its strenghts and weaknesses.

https://www.themittani.com/features/planetside-2s-main-battle-tanks-comparison

Quote : The Magrider is the odd duck of the three insofar it is by far the best in small battles and progressively gets worse as the scale of the engagement increases, it relies very much on its ability to evade fire more then survive it¨

Tho the link is old, this is factual. This is also before all the magrider nerfs you should note.

When they made dodging ****, and zerg is a thing that "progressibly gets worse as the scale of the engagement increases ........".

So lets do a summary.

DPS and damage: Magrider is worst
    Armor: shared second place.
    Speed: magrider is the slowest.
    Muzzle: also the slowest.
    Drop: Experience tells magrider

And climbing will be better for the other track tanks, and as known they will not do anything with the magrider.

Where is it better?
  3. Demigan

And the experience of me and several other players on here, a culmunative of more than 200 levels, counteracts this. So how is this an argument exactly?
    Hell, your VS is BR90, the difference between BR80 to BR100 is just as big as between BR1 to BR80. So considering that, your experience isn’t even that extensive, is it?

If 90% of the vehicle players in general are braindead long before they touch a vehicle, how does this change anything? All it means is that the average player is braindead, regardless of touching a vehicle or not.
    Ofcourse, even the average infantry player is capable of rudimentary situational awareness (SA). Vehicle users seem to lose that.

You are telling me to read the statistics properly? That’s a stretch.
    If they perform equal to the average but are pulled less and their damage is lower, then all the other advantages that are guaranteed to be there, such as dodging, stable movement across rough terrain, etc are the first factors that count. However, you suddenly make the leap that the Magrider users are better. But that doesn’t make any sense, as the pro Magrider population would be a Total of +/-70% of the entirety of the NC/TR vehicle population.

No it wouldn’t. First off, you haven’t shown us any evidence of the auraxiums you supposedly got. Second off you’ve already made ridiculous claims that counteract your knowledge, such as claiming that the Magrider is less stable than the other two vehicles while firing on the move.

Another gem! The Magrider still has a far easier time to flank than the other two tanks. There have been no changes to improve the TR/NC flanking ability or reduce the VS flanking ability.

Stable firing, dodging, better traversal of rough terrain, the ability to use cover without having a specific facing for their chassis, the ability to do pop-up attacks faster than the other two with their frontal armor and a smaller hitbox… All readily visible in the game. This is as easily proven as saying “LA’s can get to higher places more easily than other classes”.

Your 1 does contradict the 2. Your 1 says that anyone can flank, your 2 says it’s harder, that means not anyone can flank anymore (especially since you already admitted that 90% of the vehicle players is braindead). Additionally, the Magrider remains the easiest to flank with, so in the end the Magrider will pull off the most successful flanking attacks, especially in an environment where flanking is harder.

Keywords: Lucky, and use your brain. You just agreed that 90% of the vehicle players is braindead, and if luck is the deciding factor, then the Magrider still has the highest chance of getting Lucky and flanking because it’s less restricted by terrain.

If much more people spot you in a Zerg, you are doing the flank wrong.
    Also, where’s your facts and numbers? The “facts” you came with so far were on the Lines of “Magrider is less stable while firing on the move than the NC/TR”.

So your tactic is “But mah stats are better than yours!”
    Well in that case: I’ve only auraxed the Lightning so far. But the only reason why I haven’t auraxed other vehicles is because I’ve not hunted the specific directive required for it. Looking at what I actually achieve with my tanks... I can beat your Magrider hands down with a Lightning on pure skill alone. And on average the Lightning scores lower than the Magrider, so I know better what I’m doing with a tank than you.

Do you know the difference between a Newb and a Noob? A Newb is a new player that doesn’t know how to play yet and has wrong idea’s about the game. These players can still be taught to play the game and improve. A Noob is a player who has had enough time to learn the game but still doesn’t know how. Often these players blame other things for their failures, saying things like “But it can’t possible be me, I’ve put in so much time!”

The turrets of the NC and TR don’t have stabilization. If you aim at a guy and hit a 5 degree angle, your gun will now aim 5 degrees higher or lower. The magrider, because it hovers, is less affected by terrain changes than the NC and TR, which is why the Magrider is more stable and is capable of moving over rougher terrain and firing on the move. To take the 5 degree angle as an example, if the hump is small enough the Magrider barely moves up 1 degree, and if the hump is longer then the Magrider might go up 4 degree’s. Only if the hump is an actual mountain and you can park your entire vehicle on it will you get the full 5 degree’s that the hill adds.
    If you haven’t noticed that by now, why the **** are you here? Pick any video on youtube and it’ll probably show you exactly what I’m saying. Ofcourse, you would rather just boast about your hours and auraxiums. And there’s no reason why you shouldn’t boast about your auraxiums! They are the only thing you can show off and that are earnable without really needing skill, all you need is enough time to earn it! And what do you know?!? You have put in the time! If you double the time I have on for example my Vanguard, I would also have it auraxium, and still have less total time than you, and also have better stats with the weapons I’ve used. Ofcourse, that doesn’t matter, because all that matters right now is that you put in time...

Ah, so you are using the power of misinterpretation!
    When I say “the chassis of the NC/TR has to be positioned in a certain way”, I don’t mean the entire tank’s position, I mean the actual chassis facing. To be able to dodge back into cover, your tank would need to face it’s back or front towards that cover. This should have been an obvious conclusion, because I’m talking about the chassis and facing here rather than the tank position and I didn’t say anything about sitting still in one point. The Magrider in the meantime isn’t bound by this facing. it can face any way it damn well pleases and strafe back and forth into and out of cover.

Again, the power of misinterpretation! The Prowler has the most DPS to use when it flanks, but the Magrider has the highest chance to pull off a successful flank.

Actually, the Vanguard can’t. It can turn it’s turret really fast, but it can’t turn away fast enough. Talking about inexperience much? Add this to your already massive coc kups like “TR/NC have stabilization on their guns” and “Magriders don’t benefit from flanking” and you are completely untrustworthy.

Are you denying that the Magrider has the highest chance to make people miss? And if anyone is disabled it’s you, because I achieve way, waaay better things with my vehicles than you.

The word “about” implies it’s as good as immune, which is pure bullcrap. Also your math is still off, because a complete vanguard shield cycle takes 51 seconds.
  4. Demigan

How does this help your case? It also doesn’t make sense: The kills are logged in the API regardless of you having it unlocked or not, as evidenced by how I got recorded kills on a Spitfire I didn’t unlock, or a Saron that showed up that I hadn’t unlocked yet, or the Canister, or even the claymore kills I logged on my NC account, or the S1 kills I logged on my TR account etc. I can’t even unlock those weapons because they are on different factions! Yet these kills are definitely logged. You would know that if you knew the game as much as you think. And even if they only showed up after unlocking... Why would any external site do that? They’ve got the logged statistics, they know what weapon, they often don’t even log if you’ve actually unlocked the weapon... So there’s no reason for them not to show the weapon.
    Here’s an example of a site that definitely logs your weapons:
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=balake&show=weapons
    Interesting to note is how you spend 8 whole days holding a knife. Statpadder much? Trying to boost the scores of other weapons by not having them equipped most of the time?
    Also, if you are a gunner most of the time you have a far different experience than as a driver. So far you’ve moaned and *****ed about... The main gun, and ignored the secondary guns, which I actually asked you to add several times already. Why would you do that mister gunner? Because you are full of it aren’t you?

Also, while your claim that you mainly gun is true, a quick estimate tells us you spend a good 40% at the main gun anyway.

It’s not the worst factual. What you are doing is saying that things like strafing aren’t statistics. Well you could easily make them statistics. “Magriders can strafe at X speed, TR and NC cannot, Magriders have infinitely more factual statistical speed than the other two, OP OP!”. That’s the level you are stooping to now.
    Ignoring features of a vehicle or class doesn’t mean they aren’t there. For example, the Infiltrator according to your factual stats should be the worst class ever: It’s got less health, it’s weapons overall have the lowest DPS in the game and there’s even a modification that limits you to side-arms only. But that stealth is massively powerful, and it’s recon abilities are extremely useful as well. Do recon abilities and stealth show up on the stats? No ofcourse not! Stealth doesn’t get kills, recon doesn’t get kills, you get kills with other weapons because of them, but they don’t kill themselves.

And what are you ignoring here? Oh yeah, what can the Magboost get you in that time. You act as if the Magboost doesn’t offer you anything, while the Vanguard shield offers 2000 health. But that’s not true. Also, rather than rely on words like “nearly” and “about”, why don’t you just keep it at the truth for once?

You don’t have to write a book, you only have to incorporate the most used top-gun, just like you only use the most used main gun and ignore the HEAT and HE canons. Although there’s plenty of people who, without writing a book, included the top most used top-guns on each vehicle and added that to the AP gun.
    But ofcourse you aren’t going to do that, because the stats would sway even less in your favour than before.

Aand what’s missing here!?!? Oh yeah! The actual abilities that the Magrider has!
    For example, looking at your stats you spend way more time in an Harasser. A Harasser has only access to top-guns, the top-guns are nerfed compared to their MBT counterparts, the Harasser has less health, less weapon-specific damage resistsance (which you ignored, it’s right there on the damage resistance page below the armor value’s), less armor value... It should be weaker than MBT’s and Lightnings right?
    Well ofcourse not, because speed, hitbox size, lack of rear-armor weakness, maneuverability, turn-ratio’s, predictability of the direction you are going in, acceleration and… boost… are massively important in the game! But why add those things right? They only makei t difficult for you to prove your point.
    And the actual fact is: Magriders aren’t as weak as you claim. The chassis abilities is what sets the magrider apart, and allows it to go up against the other MBT’s and even surpass the NC Vanguard in most fields, getting more kills and vehicle kills and being more effective overall.

Exactly, every tank has it’s strengths and weaknesses. This isn’t just limited to profile. The full complement of advantages, from dodging to what kinds of cover you can use to how easy it is to fire on the move to flanking, it all matters.

Oh my god how stupid can you get.
    This is a review from when the game was just about launched, this guy making the review must have played each faction for maybe a week, and then posted it’s findings.
    Well unlike you Balake who started in 2014, I was there at launch. The Magrider was far superior to the NC and TR at that point, even though the Vanguard shield actually gave you 4000 health at the time. And it was all in the Saron. It was an anti-tank sniper that could also snipe infantry. It took about 3 volleys from the front to destroy an enemy tank. It was massively accurate, powerful enough to OHK infantry and players locked their Magriders so they could simply seat-switch and use their Saron from range to utterly annihilate the opposition.
    Since then, all tanks have had nerfs. Prowler has had it’s fire rate and abilities, mainly the Anchor which was even more powerful, toned down. The Vanguard has received nerf after nerf as well, just as much as the Magrider has had nerfs. The difference is in where the nerfs were applied. Where the nerfs to the Vanguard and Prowler were mainly aimed at their faction-specific build, the Magrider’s nerfs were mostly aimed at the weapons, such as the Saron and PPA, which were obviously overperforming.

Zerg only gets progressively worse if there’s no opposition. Two zergs going at each other is what I call “A good fight”.

DPS and damage: The main gun alone is worse, add top-guns with great variable range and DPS and it stops being the worst and grabs second place. Add it’s higher consistency to flank to the damage...
    Armor: Shared second place, but with it’s dodging capabilities added, which it still has even if it’s been nerfed, it is on second or even first place, depending on the situation.
    Speed: Magrider is the slowest forwards and backwards. Sideways it’s the fastest.
    muzzle: Slowest for the main-gun, not it’s top-guns. The accuracy because of lack of drop on the Saron and Aphelion are also big boons.
    Drop: The fact that you don’t seem to know for sure speaks. The Magrider does have the largest drop on it’s main-gun.
    Bonus round! All the stats you missed:
    Maneuverability: Magrider wins with ease, being the fastest to turn it’s chassis (meaning the least opportunity to receive rear-shots compared to the other two). Add the ability to strafe to it’s maneuverability and it’s unmatched.
    Shooting while moving: Magrider the best
    Traversing terrain: Magrider the best
    Capability of pulling off a successful flank, especially getting a rear-flank: Magrider best
    Dodging capability: Magrider best
    Using cover: Magrider best. While hull-down is a powerful move, there’s fairly little cover that provides this opportunity. The Magrider however can use it’s strafing ability on all cover and gain more from it than the other two factions.
    Entering bases: Magrider best
    Climbing steep terrain: Magrider best. Even after the tracked vehicles get better hillclimbing (which is solely aimed at making vehicles slide off less in ridiculous manners) the Magrider will still be better.

Overall result: The magrider, as evidenced by it’s statistics, is powerful enough to keep up with the other two tanks, and in fact surpass the Vanguard on most fronts.
  5. Demigan

Server issue's from my end triple-posted it and it's a nightmare to get to the edit screen :S
  6. Balake

You are still not answering my question, even when i pointed to it. How many of the MBT have you auruxed?
  7. Demigan

I did, I also commented on the Noobishness of trying to use a stat that doesn't require skill, just pure time to achieve. Even the lowest of lowest skilled player can achieve auraxium with anything, as long as they are given enough time to do it. This does not mean they have the skill or knowledge to actually use it properly.
  8. Nabutso

But it probably means you don't spend much time in tanks if they aren't aurax'd. Not that you need to to discuss this, though.
  9. Demigan

In many cases, yes. However I don't trust other people to drive, overall players suck at it as vehicle drivers don't have the SA required to stave off LA's or prevent simple flanks. So I rarely gun unless I happen to run into someone and have nothing better to do. That makes it kinda hard to aurax MBT's. That's why I auraxed the Lightning: You just pick gun after gun and finish them all. Although recently when I do play I have a buddy who either guns for me or I gun for him, and this buddy is one I can trust to drive well. We are doing the Magrider together and it's a blast. After the Vanguard it feels like easy-mode.
  10. Balake

So basically. You play vanguard, and have tried magrider for a little while. So you have experience with the vanguard and have just started getting some with magrider, and have not tried prowler. Hmm, well, a few hours in magrider does not give you extencive experience, like i have. Dodging against people who can shoot is impossible. That is what i am trying to show you. And when it is the worst at every other stat too (not nessesarly preforming worst) how are people going to use it effectivly. What i am trying to show you is that the focus required to drive magrider well, and the focus to drive the vanguard and prowler well are worlds apart. And if VS are preforming better in a worse vehicle what would that mean?

What i'm trying to show you is.. Lets take the cannister H. When i first tried it, it seemed over the top rofl op no skill no brain weapon and so on, and i didnt see how anyone can say anything bad about it. But when i used it for a much longer time i noticed things, things that are the weapons weaknesses. For example it has not splash and so on so you must have a different playstyle, and so on. Theese are the kinds of things you notice when you have used a weapon or a vehicle for an extencive amount of time.

So when my driver (BR 120) says " We are gonna do some self harm and go to our TR account and ROFL stomp the **** outta people and then log on to our VS account to feel the <<op>> tank we have.... " I completely agree, and many other do.

So when i show you every stat possible to proove by the facts of the game(notice stat for for example weapon stat, and not preformance statistics) and that it is the worst possible tank, and does not shine in anything anymore that the other vehicles will get traction buff. That dodging is impossible to average players -> good players because of the high muzzle. And no flanking to get behind is not more sucsessful on magrider, that is utter ********, any tank can do it. Yesterday + today i have done it with prowler, vanguard, magrider and lightning. All sucsessful total rear flanks, many times.

And it is not nobishness... For gods sake.. KD is nobishness becuse it is so easily patted, and does not count for support roles and so on. Asking for aurux is not. It shows you have extencive experience with the tank. It shows you have used it for some time and have had many different scenarios..

"DPS and damage: The main gun alone is worse, add top-guns with great variable range and DPS and it stops being the worst and grabs second place. Add it’s higher consistency to flank to the damage...
    Armor: Shared second place, but with it’s dodging capabilities added, which it still has even if it’s been nerfed, it is on second or even first place, depending on the situation.
    Speed: Magrider is the slowest forwards and backwards. Sideways it’s the fastest.
    muzzle: Slowest for the main-gun, not it’s top-guns. The accuracy because of lack of drop on the Saron and Aphelion are also big boons.
    Drop: The fact that you don’t seem to know for sure speaks. The Magrider does have the largest drop on it’s main-gun.
    Bonus round! All the stats you missed:
    Maneuverability: Magrider wins with ease, being the fastest to turn it’s chassis (meaning the least opportunity to receive rear-shots compared to the other two). Add the ability to strafe to it’s maneuverability and it’s unmatched.
    Shooting while moving: Magrider the best
    Traversing terrain: Magrider the best
    Capability of pulling off a successful flank, especially getting a rear-flank: Magrider best
    Dodging capability: Magrider best
    Using cover: Magrider best. While hull-down is a powerful move, there’s fairly little cover that provides this opportunity. The Magrider however can use it’s strafing ability on all cover and gain more from it than the other two factions.
    Entering bases: Magrider best
    Climbing steep terrain: Magrider best. Even after the tracked vehicles get better hillclimbing (which is solely aimed at making vehicles slide off less in ridiculous manners) the Magrider will still be better.

Overall result: The magrider, as evidenced by it’s statistics, is powerful enough to keep up with the other two tanks, and in fact surpass the Vanguard on most fronts." -Quote.

DPS and dmg: http://i.imgur.com/5vVO8KQ.gif Hey stupid. You missed that pic? The kill time of the secondaries. Oh noo, what have we here? The lowest VS kill time is the saron, and it has under a second lower kill time than the enforcer. Whoaaa? Whaaaaat? So in one second main gun suddenly gains the power to one shot trough shield? Are you serious? You gain a 2000 shield. Under one second.... Great. 10/10. Yeah! Second place my ***.

Armor: Dodging capabilities added.. What? We got Stevie wonder over here apparently, because hitting a magrider is not hard. And even if it could dodge a couple of shots. Lets look at the dps meter i set up shall we:
    Vanguard damage 12 seconds: 2075 * = 6225 dmg. (since it has 4 seconds reload But with shield added its ish 8300 dmg)
    Prowler damage 12 seconds: 2500 * 4.8 = 12000 dmg. (took 4.8 to be exact)
    Magrider damage 12 seconds: 1865 * 3.2 = 5968 dmg (took 3.2 to be exact here too)

So a vanguard have to miss 1-2 shot with the best muzzle MBT in the game (exept prowler deployed), and prowler have to miss half its shots. Yeaah, if they do then they might need some practice shooting. And that requires that magrider with the worst muzzle MBT in the game would hit all the shots to have equal dps. Just, the kill time of the MBT will vary. (Y)

Speed: Sideways its the fastest? What?!?!? Its the only tank that can move sideways. Thats like saying esf's have better flying than harasser, so harasser should not be buffed. What the **** is that argument? I'm not not talking about the strafing, just, YOU wanted facts. I used the facts i can 100 % show. YOU asked for this.... Tho strafing is **** unless the other gunners are ****.

Manueverability: No, turning a prowler you have to be careful not to just take a 360. And the rear thing. Any tank can get reared. Just because most the vanguard and prowler drivers does not utualise its tanks capabilites does not mean its inferior. At the distances the magrider needs to dodge properly any tank can dodge, unless ****** gunners of course. Tracked tanks are not bound to the roads like many believes. They can climb alot of weird places too.

Traversing terrain: You driven a prowler? That **** flies over it like a dream. Flank is ********, any idiot with a tank can flank, and with a bit of brain usage can do it sucsessfully.

Using cover: Yes magrider have more cover to use somewhat better, tho its pop out, and back in to repair. Kinda like track tanks have to do too. Whoa

Entering bases: Well entering bases is a huge risk. And alot of bases other tanks can get to high ground and do exacly the same the mag does. Figure that. ¨

Steep terrain: How steep are we talking? Because out prowler has gotten alot of weird places.

Quote : The Magrider is the odd duck of the three insofar it is by far the best in small battles and progressively gets worse as the scale of the engagement increases, it relies very much on its ability to evade fire more then survive it¨

Tho the link is old, this is factual. This is also before all the magrider nerfs you should note.

Oh my god how stupid can you get.
    This is a review from when the game was just about launched, this guy making the review must have played each faction for maybe a week, and then posted it’s findings.
    Well unlike you Balake who started in 2014, I was there at launch. The Magrider was far superior to the NC and TR at that point, even though the Vanguard shield actually gave you 4000 health at the time. And it was all in the Saron. It was an anti-tank sniper that could also snipe infantry. It took about 3 volleys from the front to destroy an enemy tank. It was massively accurate, powerful enough to OHK infantry and players locked their Magriders so they could simply seat-switch and use their Saron from range to utterly annihilate the opposition.
    Since then, all tanks have had nerfs. Prowler has had it’s fire rate and abilities, mainly the Anchor which was even more powerful, toned down. The Vanguard has received nerf after nerf as well, just as much as the Magrider has had nerfs. The difference is in where the nerfs were applied. Where the nerfs to the Vanguard and Prowler were mainly aimed at their faction-specific build, the Magrider’s nerfs were mostly aimed at the weapons, such as the Saron and PPA, which were obviously overperforming.

Are you seriously ******** me right now? Odd duck means <Kinda weird> Not UP. It says its the best for small battles but gets progressivly worse with the scaling of the battles and ability to evade. And you are talking about release? Its a fact for every VS player that plays mag that with huge fights the magrider dabs off. What the **** did you read? Write what you think that ment? Please do.

"Exactly, every tank has it’s strengths and weaknesses. This isn’t just limited to profile. The full complement of advantages, from dodging to what kinds of cover you can use to how easy it is to fire on the move to flanking, it all matters."

You've got to be kidding me? You say its not just limited to profile, yet its about the only thing you comment on. What?..

"
    1 second boost. Whoopdido.

Aand what’s missing here!?!? Oh yeah! The actual abilities that the Magrider has!"

Eeeh. Its right there? Its not much to say about the 1 second boost to follow how i have talked about the other? Or didt that fit your wanted outcome?

"For example, looking at your stats you spend way more time in an Harasser. A Harasser has only access to top-guns, the top-guns are nerfed compared to their MBT counterparts, the Harasser has less health, less weapon-specific damage resistsance (which you ignored, it’s right there on the damage resistance page below the armor value’s), less armor value... It should be weaker than MBT’s and Lightnings right?Well ofcourse not, because speed, hitbox size, lack of rear-armor weakness, maneuverability, turn-ratio’s, predictability of the direction you are going in, acceleration and… boost… are massively important in the game! But why add those things right? They only makei t difficult for you to prove your point.
    And the actual fact is: Magriders aren’t as weak as you claim. The chassis abilities is what sets the magrider apart, and allows it to go up against the other MBT’s and even surpass the NC Vanguard in most fields, getting more kills and vehicle kills and being more effective overall."

You really cant be serious. What does it mean when the magrider is the worst at every stat (again weapon stat and such, not statistics like above) still beat vanguards? Well, golly gosh, that must mean they are better drivers?
    Harassers..? I thought this was an MBT post? But okay lets talk about all the boosts

Ant: up to 67 seconds continous turbo
    ESF's have quite a long one too. 4 seconds if i remember correctly.
    Liberator: Its between 1.5-2 about 2 seconds
    Harasser: isnt it 3-4 seconds?
    Flash too???

Hmm, the one second does not seem so bad now does it? Why take up a harasser to an MBT thread? I did not ignore it, it was irrelevant. Yeah, and the 3-4 second boost on the harasser.. I'd like that.

"And what are you ignoring here? Oh yeah, what can the Magboost get you in that time. You act as if the Magboost doesn’t offer you anything, while the Vanguard shield offers 2000 health. But that’s not true. Also, rather than rely on words like “nearly” and “about”, why don’t you just keep it at the truth for once?"

Yeah, you have so little to argue against me that you are starting to complain about my sentences. 10/10 mate, you really showed me there. And i am not saying magboost will not give anything, like i quoted and have said, 1 second boost with 20 second recharge dwindles to the other 2. Read the whole sentences, stop jumping to conclusions.

"Ignoring features of a vehicle or class doesn’t mean they aren’t there. For example, the Infiltrator according to your factual stats should be the worst class ever: It’s got less health, it’s weapons overall have the lowest DPS in the game and there’s even a modification that limits you to side-arms only. But that stealth is massively powerful, and it’s recon abilities are extremely useful as well. Do recon abilities and stealth show up on the stats? No ofcourse not! Stealth doesn’t get kills, recon doesn’t get kills, you get kills with other weapons because of them, but they don’t kill themselves."

Yes because ignoring my whole chart makes you so much better. Infil, really? Thats what you are going with? Hmm, well, lets see. They can become invisible, either semi permanent (stalker) or for a while. They have long range weapons for sniping with good dmg and will get dmg multiplier with headshots. And they can become invis and suprise enemies.
    You are only bringing up strafing. I must say, if you are so hung up on it, you probably miss alot dont you? Here, ill learn you a thing. Agains magrider 101. Up to a certan distance, aim in the middle of the magrider because the muzzle of the projectile is so high that it will hit either the magrider continues to strafe or if it tries to doge. There, i litterally gave you how to beat magriders. There, strafing is no longer a problem. Its that easy. Nice. Next.

"Interesting to note is how you spend 8 whole days holding a knife. Statpadder much? Trying to boost the scores of other weapons by not having them equipped most of the time?
    Also, if you are a gunner most of the time you have a far different experience than as a driver. So far you’ve moaned and *****ed about... The main gun, and ignored the secondary guns, which I actually asked you to add several times already. Why would you do that mister gunner? Because you are full of it aren’t you?"

Nah man, unlike you i can still have fun and have about 150 certs an hour (unboosted, unsubscribed) on a semi ish okay day. If the vehicle died and i were out to repai i allways pull forth my knife to see if they want a knife duel, the good ones do because they do it for fun. And really 8 days? Hmm, that was much, unless.. When i'm waiting for my driver, or allways in my WG i pull forth my knife because it is fun to have equipped. Sooo, yeah, trying to have a duel if we die, or kniving walls/fun "duels" in WG must really be some statpadding. **** off, i have never in any game stat padded.
    And here we go again. My driver is allways my brother. We are on discord, and these are not only my opinions, but his too. And i have played MBT enough to get the main weapons all (exept vanguards) auruxed. But sure, over 1160 kills on each of the nearly 3 now is not enough to have my own opinion. You never thought i had logged on alone and played some, or that we switched?... Really?.... and no i have not ignored them. The imgur link chart of the kill time i posted. Did you ignore that too?

So far to all my other facts you have commented 1 thing. " we can strafe and dodge", well ****. Maybe when you get your first 100 kills on your tank you will see.
    And also i gave you the 101 on how ti hit magriders. You cant miss now if you are anywhere close to good.

Edit: Is Demiganss your vs? Because it has 13 hours played and 72 vehicle kills with the magrider saron, and 1 with FPC vehicle kill. If that really is your VS, i must say you have extencive experience with your 1 fpc kill and 72 saron kills.
  11. LordKrelas

5 minutes of driving a magrider will show you that it has the ability to move sideways instantly, without exposing the much broader & weaker side-armor in addition.
    And that also is shown the moment you see a magrider move sideways
    Dodging people with a vehicle capable of moving in any direction on the X & Y axis instantly, allows the tank to strafe in any plausable direction without any sign ahead of time.
    A tracked vehicle, can only move ahead or behind, this provides a degree of motion that can accounted for:
    This stays the same at distance.

You can not account for the degree of motion a Magrider is capable of properly, and this gets even wider the greater the distance.
    How so. The magrider's slim figure can move sideways, reverse, forward, or both at the same time vs forward or reverse.
    Add in the fact, that the magrider's slim front is what is seen at all times during movement from a distance, less of a target.
    The Prowler and Vanguard expose their massive sides, and most first rotate to then move; This is easily predictable and visible.
    A magrider simply moves, rather than rotates first.

If someone can account for all of this at all ranges, with slower projectiles, Then they are going to have an easier time firing at Prowlers & Vanguards than Magriders.

If the VS is preforming near equal or better in a vehicle that is in fewer numbers vs vehicles pulled more often.
    That vehicle pulled would outpreform the other vehicles if they pulled in the same numbers.
    VS has the same tank operator quality as TR & NC.
    A tank operator does not magically become better if they join VS, nor worse if they join NC or TR.

If a good operator in a TR or NC vehicle is near equal to any Operator in magrider, there is a clear sign of a problem.

The size of the target changes the ability to hit the target.
    Add in more unpredictable motion, and the target becomes even harder.
    Add in the opposing side's vehicles must widen their size, making them easier targets in order to begin motion done by the other.
    Add in the opposing side's vehicles being broader in general, making their size bigger, making them easier targets.

Means hitting the Magrider is harder by pure logic, due to size and ability to move better.

If VS is equaling or nearly so, both the Prowler and Vanguard, with less tanks than either side...
    Their tank can not be inferior to either opposing tank, as If less is getting near equal results, it is better.

So stop peddling the idea that your experience states the magrider is inferior, when you yourself state the tank achieves near equal results.
    If a tank is pulled less, it should have less kills equal to the missing percentage of tanks not pulled.
    If it kills more than the missing percentage, this states the vehicle is unable to be inferior.
    To be inferior it must have less kills, while having equal or greater number of tanks pulled to the other tanks.

At present, the Magrider kills near equal to the other two sides whom pull more tanks.
    So the Magrider can not be inferior by literal Logic demonstrated by this near-equal killing capability with less tanks.

So for the love of the Abyss, Can there be less of these massive *** posts about nearly the same data?
    Demigan provided Data.
    You provided scare any.
    Both data states the magrider is near equal to the more pulled tanks, with less tanks.
    This states the Magrider can not be inferior;
    As if equal numbers were pulled, it would be by the numbers alone, have more than both tanks.

How? As with less, it is nearly equal.
    If there is less than the rest, it must have less effect than the rest, if it has more effect: It is more effective than the rest.

Like dear lord.
  12. ridicOne

You do realize that it's been debunked that you can dodge inside of 400m right? Most tank fights are within the 400m mark. The dodge thing is about as justifiable as the no bullet drop thing and I'm sure you're a bielieveber in.

Secondly your also trying to impose justifying stats again, with the assumption that with the decline in population that have stayed the same for the last 8 months. There is no data anymore to justify either way.

If a tank is pulled less by better players it will increase the average of kills. You get a far truer average when your polling data that is equal. From the last stats pulled, forever ago the two factions with closer totals have more true averages.

How much have you played with the Magrider? Vanguard? Prowler?

When you use flawed theories to make personal assumptions that aren't factual they are just that your opinion.

What do you do with the Magrider? I have no flippin clue. Depending on the size of the fight and the terrain the fight is being had on and the skill level of the driver ya it can be a pretty good tool. The problem lies within the multiplier and doing the job of what MBT's are built todo within the game mechanics. They can be a great tool in the hands of the right player but they fail at doing the job of what MBT's are supposed todo.

So if you remove the terrain advantage? Where does that leave the Maggie?

Taking into account that terrain advantage doesn't happen on 100% of any of the maps.
  13. LordKrelas

Bullet drop does actually effect accuracy at range..
    Dodging is a factor; The other tanks can not do anywhere near as much nor as effectively as the magrider.
    Let alone towards infantry vs tanks, the Magrider is far more capable of avoiding such shots on it.

If it assumed that all three sides have the same quality of people, then all three sides hold the average operators, and exceptional.
    So VS can not by logic preform equal or better with Less, if the tank was inferior.

Magrider, a bit.
    Vanguard a bit.
    Prowler, I haven't bothered.
    I've shot at all three however, with tanks, and infantry.

The magrider can effectively kill opposing armor & infantry.
    The Magrider can get where other tanks can not fit, and can do it faster.
    The Magrider can easily escape.

Lets assume that if terrain isn't always there, that Prowlers can't always be at range or in lock-down.
    And that Vanguards do not always have their 6 second shields.

So with Less Magriders, how exactly do they achieve near equal results as the other two?
    Are you saying VS some how only has Good Tank operators, whom can pull less tanks, and achieve near equal or better results?
    As that would mean TR & NC would apparently be fielding both New and Good tank operators, whom have to pull more tanks to get that result.

A3= 8
    B1 = 5

If the numbers match
    B2 = 15
    A2 = 12

B1 = 5
    A1 = 4

If you can have less Magriders, and be near equal to a greater number of Prowlers & Vanguards...
    This means that Your more limited Magriders are more valuable than an equal number of Prowlers & Vanguards.

Like dear lord.
    IE If magriders were pulled equal, they'd surpass the other two.
    If you reduce the number of Vanguards & Prowlers, The Magrider would be on top.

How? As if it can with less, achieve nearly the same results as those with a lot more, it means on a 1v1 value, that the Magrider is more.
    Aka

if A5 = 10 , and B2 = 7 , B = 3.5 , A = 2
    Aka in this case, A is Vanguard \ Prowler, Magrider is B.
    If you have B3, you have 10.5 , if you have A2 , you have 4.
    The "B" has an value greater than "A" by 1.5.
    Only by having More of "A" can "A" be greater than "B"
    So "B" isn't inferior to "A" due to ******* math...

Explain how if the Magrider is actually inferior that with Less tanks, They get better results.
    If they were inferior, even with Only better tank operators, the tank's results should be heavily inferior by virtue of less tanks.
    Not near bloody equal.
  14. boey

That's just about it. Skill ceiling for a Magrider and mastering time is much higher. You can't come up with numbers, because there are no statistics for this. In this case you have to believe experienced tank drivers.
  15. LordKrelas

So quite literally, the Magrider has a higher skill ceiling.
    And yet the Magrider is apparently inferior.

While having near equal results with Less tanks, to a higher number of opposing tanks.
    I trust that Experienced Tank drivers are on all three sides.
    And that the Magrider can not be inferior if it can achieve near equal with less.
    The Math states it can not be inferior, when one Magrider is equal to more than One Prowler or Vanguard.

So, I believe only when it isn't in favor of one side wanting a Vehicle to out-preform even further,
    Any vehicle should be out-preformed in terms of results, when said vehicle is out-numbered severely.
    Any vehicle that achieves near equal or better results with Less, is superior.
    As any vehicle with less, must achieve less than vehicles with more numbers; In not, then it is by default superior.

As A5 > B1 is accurate.
    As A1 < B1 is also accurate.

Aka if you have more, you should have better results by the factor of your numeric advantage.
    If you do not, then either the value of what you use is inferior to theirs, or the value of theirs is superior than yours.

Experience does not beat Mathematics.
    Not in bloody balancing.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nabutso

No one is going to listen to what you're saying, Krelas. They want their cake and eat it too. These forums are a lost cause.
    • Up x 1
  17. JonnyBlue

How to improve the Maggie.? Its really simple paint it blue and give it to the NC.....:p
  18. Demigan

No, so basically I've played mainly the Vanguard and on and off the Prowler and Magrider, it's just recently that I started gunning for them as well since I trust my buddy to drive for me.
    Dodging against people who can shoot is possible. Your tries to "show me" have so far been "I guts loaaads of time in Maggie and two auraxium medals that I somehow confuse with skill!"
    I mean even I, with my experience in the Magrider, can dodge shots. How come you can't with all your so-called experience?

Yes, so why haven't you noticed that you can still dodge stuff? Or that the Magrider is the most stable platform? Or that the Magrider isn't actually underperforming?

Just about every single player assumes the grass is greener at the other end. However, I backed my claim up. How about you? Oh yeah, you tried to use "kills" to show how an AV weapon was doing, and you completely misread the graph which actually didn't show that the Magrider was in fact second place.

You haven't shown me anything like that, in fact I completely annihilated all your claims and proved that the Magrider, on every single stat you named, was at least second place.

KD at the very least requires the effort to pad. It requires the choice of playstyle and knowledge of how to pull off a good farm.
    Getting an auraxium? It doesn't.
    Here's an example: We blindfold someone and let him play. We don't tell him if he's playing a vehicle, aircraft or infantry. We just let him play. It might take an eternity, but eventually... He'll get an Auraxium. At that point, this player has massive amounts of time with the class/vehicle they got, and they got an auraxium! How much skill do they actually have...? None, none at all. They don't even know if they were playing infantry or a vehicle.
    Even paddable KD can't do something like that. So an auraxium medal and time spend in a vehicle are the worst stats to use. They have even less meaning than KD in the game.

You specifically named DPS, not TTK. And the truth is that the DPS is high enough to get second place. So I'm not stupid, you are just trying to blame me for your own mistake.

You know, calling me a Stevie wonder doesn't mean anything, especially since you don't prove anything. The fact remains: The Magrider is capable of dodging, and better than the other two tanks.
    Also your damage in 12 seconds stuff doesn't mean anything. Imagine this: I claim you can dodge a sniper-rifle shot. At which point you go and list the DPS of snipers... That doesn't make sense does it? Because the DPS has nothing to do with the ability to dodge a shot.
    Also your damage calculation, like always, is missing the weapon-specific damage. I already mentioned it's right there on the armor resistance page.
    Additionally your Prowler damage calculation is off. The Prowler doesn't instantly fire it's shots. There's a refire rate between each shot. With the Prowler's 120RPM it fires 2 shots per second So it fires once, 0,5 seconds before the next shot, then another 0,5 seconds before the reload kicks in. This means a complete cycle of firing and reload of the vanilla Prowler takes 3,5 seconds, which is 3,4 shots, which comes out on 8571 damage. While still a good amount more, it's nowhere near the 2x DPS you claimed. Now if you had any experience with this, you would have known. But ofcourse, your claims that you have auraxed the Prowler and Vanguard are completely unsubstantiated as of yet...
    And please do prove that you have auraxed the Prowler and Vanguard, it only shows how completely and obviously blind you are to the actual workings of the game if you still believed that the Prowler has 2x the DPS of the other tanks.

So... What are you using the secondary gun stats for? Nothing right? Oh, you only added it so you could say "I looked at it", but then you instantly forget.
    You know, normal players calculate a DPS (Damage per second), rather than a DPTS (Damage per twelve seconds). So even that you can't do right.

Oh wow, you almost understood my point! My point was that your stats are completely moronic. I showed you by giving you an analogy of exactly what you were doing: Magrider sideways speed is the fastest. It's true, because only the Magrider can strafe sideways (unless you could sliding off a hill). However, it doesn't mean anything if you rip it out of context and just state it.

The Prowler can turn fast, but the Magrider is faster. The Magrider also doesn't need to be careful with taking a 360 does it?

Any tank can get reared, but the Magrider can turn it's rear away the fastest and avert new rear-shots. Ofcourse that idea goes straight over your head and you suddenly have to talk about dodging again.
  19. Demigan

I have driven the Prowler, it does have way, waaay more climbing capability than the Vanguard... But the absolute king remains the Magrider. Especially since the Magrider won't slide down hills as much. The difference between a Magrider climbing capabilities and that of the Prowler is almost as big as between the Prowler and Vanguard.

Not "somewhat" better. Simply better. The tracked tanks, like I've mentioned only two dozen times already, have to have their chassis facing a specific direction to be able to enter and exit cover. Magriders don't have these limitations, and as a bonus will always have their smaller and more armored front facing the enemy.
    Additionally, as I also mentioned already but forgot to add to that giant comparison list, the Magrider is better in grouped combat. While the ability to hit each other and ruin each others aim is there, in the end the result remains that more Magriders can be firing at the opponents at the same time. Additionally if the NC/TR ram each other, one tank often dies as he's blocked from getting back into cover.

"a lot" isn't that many compared to the amount that the Magrider can get into. And ofcourse, if it wasn't lucrative, then the Magrider wouldn't do it, right? But they do, and it pays off: The Magrider gets more kills per hour than the Vanguard.

How steep do you think? You are supposed to be a master of the Magrider who also auraxed the Prowler, you should know perfectly well that the Magrider is capable of climbing more terrain, more easily and with less trouble if the Magrider needs to engage something while climbing.
    Ofcourse, you don't know that and have to ask me the steepness of the hill... What kind of answer would you like? "shallow, medium slope, steep"? Or would you like actual degree variants? Aaah, you are just trying to say "You don't know! Hah!" or something like that, while your question doesn't make sense.

And as I already mentioned, the review is wrong. For reasons why, read my goddamn reply you bozo.
    And it's not a fact that the Magrider gets progressively worse the larger the fight gets. In fact, the Magrider gets progressively better.

Now if you had any reading comprehension, you would notice I'm taking your words of "everything has it's strengths and weaknesses" and telling you that the Magrider is the exact same. While you see everything as a weakness, you are even trying to pass off the dodging capability (or inability, according to you) as a negative feature of the Magrider.
    And why should I comment on the rest? I already did, I already showed you that what you think and say is completely wrong. It keeps piling up. You claim completely wrong things like Prowlers being better at traversing terrain, the TR/NC tanks having stability on their turrets to reduce the effect of ground changes, Magriders getting progressively worse in groups etc etc... You have no credibility at all!

As limited as you are in comprehending things. The Magrider has more abilities than the Magburn. Just like the Vanguard has more abilities than just his shield: The Vanguard has extra armor. Even you have the brainpower to comprehend that the Vanguard armor is one of it's abilities... So why does your brain fart everywhere the moment I point out the Magriders hover abilities? IE it's ability to strafe, dodge, fire while stable, traverse terrain better than anyone else, have the best capabilities to flank etc? Oh I know! Because it doesn't match up with the internal world of Balake!

Ok, this doesn't work. If you can't even understand the simplest of comparisons, then there's no reason to continue is there? I'm using the Harasser's lower statistics, lower even than the Magrider especially considering that it takes 2 people to gun&drive, to prove that there's tons of hidden features that can make something with lower stats perform better. IE, not need to have a pro population that is the size of 70% of the other factions. Seriously, you really think that's the most logical answer? A pro population is usually less than 10% of the total population, but ofcourse, magically the VS have a pro vehicle population that's more than 7 times that...

Now **** off until you get some brains.
    • Up x 2
  20. ridicOne

Once again the circle jerk liking is in full force again...
    Yap how bout some new faces instead of the same few, you realize it doesn't help your cause when people take the time to look. Maybe if there was more than less then a handful...

So a history lesson since there are people that need them. The Magrider got the most OP secondary at launch to counter the other primaries. Over time they have made large changes to the secondaries and have left the primaries basically the same. Since there is basically zero devs left from the original team they probably have no idea of the reasoning.

Ya the no bullet drop thing, go play a game with actual bullet drop like Red Orchestra and come back and talk about bullet drop. So id make the assumption with your experiences in fps games in general and this game you main one side mostly have played little with the other sides and have been owned alot by skilled individuals, therefore you believe everything is fine as is. So as people in the past have debunked the whole bullet drop and dodge theory people still use it as relevant.

Your maths doesn't take into equation the +- variables that could make the VS number swing either way if they had the same polling data.Your assuming that if they started pulling equal it would only be a + therefore making the total even higher then the NC or TR. It's a +- that could go either way if that occurred, with data we don't have.

Explain to me why a Magrider would ever use AA as a secondary?
    Explain to me that 100% terrain gives the one tank that needs it at every base and spot in the game?
    Explain to me what's the point within the game mechanics, the actual job of an MBT?
    Explain to me when the whole dodging theory has been debunked, as something that's substantial?

There is no need to wall of text maybe the odd person will read this but some people have been around here for along time and repeating yourself gets old. I can't help simpletons and I hate repeating the same old crap year after year.