[Suggestion] How to improve the Archer in 3 easy changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

I've given reasoning through out the thread.

More Scope options = wider engagement situation possibilities

.Increased velocity(by a tad) = better over longer ranges.

Less chamber time = Better follow up shot times & more hits over longer ranges & improved general usage.

2. Demigan

Those are the results, those are not the reasoning of why this should be done.

Look at my first post. It gives results as to why upgrading LIberator guns to be OHK weapons with a huge AOE would improve it. This is by no mean an argument why it should be done.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

I just gave reasoning.

3.4x scopes & the 6x scopes would fit nicely into the Archers engagement ranges. You could even throw in the HS/NV scope aswell.

25 m/s more velocity would allow it better shots over longer ranges.

1 less second of chamber time would allow the weapon to be better used, preform properly in the situations its supposed to be good in & would improve functionality.
  4. Demigan

And improving the Liberator guns to be OHK and have huge AOE would improve it's combat capabilities. This is the exact same as your "would allow it better shots over ranges" etc. And as you should have realised by now this is absolutely no argument, it's simply a statement with no real value because you don't support it with any facts.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Your strange quasi inverse logic isn't going to work on me.

Also your "prove a point argument" about the Liberators A2G role is actually true....

It should be the A2G aircraft, while the ESF should be A2A focused for the most part.
  6. Demigan

explain where it's strange quasi inverse logic please? The fact that I want you to use the scientific method (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method)?

Apparently the whole world of science is build upon quasi inverse logic.
  7. Scr1nRusher

right........
  8. Azawarau

The issue is Archers already kill maxes incredibly quickly and safely since you dont have to be under their fire while unloading rounds and dont have as long a reload as rockets

Shoot hide shoot hide and finish it

One on one against max suits i havnt lost yet doing this aside from sudden oh crap we both turned the corner at the same time moments and even still ill heavily damage them at the least
  9. Scr1nRusher

Can I just point out the changes do not change the shots to kill.
  10. Azawarau

Weve been over this already

It would kill much much faster

Very possibly too much
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

Shots to kill required to kill =/= faster kill rate.
  12. Azawarau

Are you shooting more often?
  13. Scr1nRusher

Are the MAX's & all other targets still going to take the same shots to kill?
  14. Demigan

Scr1nRusher, you are now officially trolling in your own thread.

What Azawarau is getting at is that the TTK is decreased, meaning you kill faster.

Just imagine: it takes 3 shots to kill someone and you have two weapons. One weapon has a ROF of 30, meaning a minimum TTK of 6. The other weapon has a ROF of 60, meaning a minimum TTK of 3. half the TTK required! Thus twice as fast at killing the opponent! Which weapon would you pick? The 30 ROF or the 60 ROF?
  15. Flag

Eh I'm not here all the time.

Besides, no need to count the chamber time after you've fired the last shot.
  16. Flag

So can any gun. Archer is still terrible, gun for gun against any and all non-max infantry targets because the damage is so piss poor.

I've used the archer a -lot-, not because it's really good but because the concept intrigues me (also screw maxes).
  17. Azawarau

You understand what im getting at perfectly

Stop being so dodgy and either answer the question or admit the idea is too much
  18. Scr1nRusher

But thats the thing its not too much.

The chamber time is a big reason why it sucks at its secondary general utility role.
  19. Azawarau

Its already one of the quicker and safer max kill/suppressant tools

Instead itd be better to increase its utility in other areas

If it could deal more damage to other machines but not infantry then itd have a stronger role in the game

Something like the phoenix and under barrel grenade launcher

Useful but not always
  20. Scr1nRusher

Both of which have been nerfed.