[Suggestion] How to improve the Archer in 3 easy changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 14, 2015.

1. orangejedi829

Lol, you're piling on irrelevant variables to try to mask the fact that you're wrong.

Yes, if the shooter doesn't get headshots, it will take longer.
    Yes, if the max is farther than 125m away, it will take longer.
    Yes, if the max has kinetic armor, it will take longer.

The fact is, however, that a stock max will be killed in one second by an engineer who lands two headshots inside of 125 meters.
    My statement was that this would mean an engineer "Can kill a MAX in one second." And indeed, they can.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Actually, 2 tank mines with just one rank of the certification, 3 tank mines when fully certified, and 5 tank mines with the Utility Pouch at rank four. The despawn rules change depending on what feature is certed in what order.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Do math.

Do math.

1 shot = 1 second of post chamber time.

So inorder to kill a MAX it would take several seconds, not just 1 second.

Because you cannot kill a full HP max with 1 shot of an archer.
  4. Azawarau

And if they carry kinetic to deal with archers they have a world of explosives that will destroy them

Up to 5 tank mines

They can be used to lure max suits and are often ignored by enemy players

The range isnt that bad. On suicide runs ill get nice group kills after throwing one or two around a max (Seriously players just dont think to remove these and the max steps on it seconds later

They do act as a heavy deterrent for max suits even when spotted. Youll have more time to land archer shots this way\\

And that last part sounds a bit straw like to me

You dont understand

The first shot is 0 seconds

You reload and shoot again immediately and the max is dead
  5. orangejedi829

Ah, I just took a quick glance at the wiki, which made it look like 2 was the max. And I forgot about utility pouch.
    But my point still stands; my argument was not a straw man; it used your exact premise - even your exact phrasing.
    My point is: tank mine TTK has no bearing on what Archer TTK is and/or should be, because they're vastly different weapons with vastly different strengths and limitations.

Lol, your arrogance just makes your lack of understanding all the more funny.
    The first round is already chambered. So that's zero seconds.
    Firing requires zero seconds, so that's still zero seconds.
    Chambering the second round takes one second, so now we're up to 1 second.
    Firing the second round takes, again, zero seconds. So the total time is 1 second.
    Either you're really bad at addition, or you're purposefully refusing to understand at this point.
    • Up x 1
  6. Azawarau

Considering its unit specific id say its a fair comparison.

Also......

Try placing a tank mine and shooting the max

Theyll run right at you without thinking about it

Ive done this more times than i can count in biolabs

Getting back to something pro-

You know ill just make a thread later since this is a spiraling failure...
  7. Scr1nRusher

The Actual time it takes to aim the scope and put it on target then shoot can take up to 1-2 seconds depending on player or situation.

Factor that in.
  8. Azawarau

Well were talking best case scenario

Ive shot multiple max suits and killed them with the shoot>Hide>Shoot

Its very viable unless youre fighting an nc max with decent aim and reaction

Youre on n even playing field mostly
  9. MasterOhh

So?
    If you can aim quickly it would still be 1st shot instant hit, killshot 1 second later from the perspective of the target, with the reduced chamber time you are advocating (even less if you take latency issues into consideration).

If you need a longer time to aim, a shorter chamber time wouldn't help you.
    With straight pull bolt, chambering a new round and aiming can be done simultaniously.

Your arguments are becoming increasingly confused. I think you are just trying to troll us.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jogido

Seems like a back peddle to me. It's no big deal to make a mistake just go "oops" and move on. But, I guess since you come off as condescending, mistakes do look extra bad.

Most people calculate TTK based on time after the first shot....and it also a very common mistake to include chamber time on the first shot.

We also have to consider the Target's perceptive. A slow reacting MAX won't know if it took a shooter 5 sec to line his target up. if he dies in 1 sec, they is the only data he cares about. Even travel time for the round won'y change this calculation as the event starts at the first head shot.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

Reaction time/shooting of the shooter + shot Travel time + Chamber time

Consider if the MAX is moving around, the HP levels, Kenetic armor, if its being repaired, distance, Target reaction times etc etc.

Its far far more then 1 second.
  12. Jogido

I agree that in practice that'll be true. Although there still a chance for a 1 sec kill from the Targets perspective.

I guess I should also mention that I'm not really saying if that is bad or not, I haven't used the archer enough to give an opinion.
  13. Azawarau

Its best case scenario

Youre using worst case as a counter argument when its not necessary

Stop wasting peoples time with these things please
    • Up x 1
  14. orangejedi829

Yeah, and the TTK of the Orion is over 7 seconds if the shooter sprays bullets in random directions while spinning and jumping around.
    I think it needs a buff too to compensate for this.
    • Up x 1
  15. Azawarau

^

I couldnt have said it better if i tried
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Its all cases.

You know it better then anyone due to your archer usage.

But whens the last time you payed attention to the seconds & actions?
  17. Scr1nRusher

What your trying to do just fell flat on its face.
  18. orangejedi829

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Azawarau

Considering that i use the archer as my primary weapon id say i pay alot of attention to the time

Since you ask my opinion here, When i see a max i shoot go behind a wall and shoot again

Unless they can burst heavily and kill me they wont be able to save themselves

If i could do that even faster the archer would be overpowered

It really isnt

Hes pointing out that what you said could be applied to anything
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

For the weapon design it matters alot.

You are not every archer user around.

Also Effective=/= OP.

Niche weapons doom themselves but they should be the best in there Niche.