[Suggestion] How to improve the Archer in 3 easy changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 14, 2015.

1. orangejedi829

So that a single engineer can kill a MAX in one second?
    Yeah, no.
  2. Scr1nRusher

what......?

How????
  3. Reclaimer77

The Archer was supposed to be an anti-vehicle rifle. Until the mass whining and gnashing of teeth came from the Crutchside Vehicleside failures.

Now it's in this weird place where it's not good enough to be a primary weapon, but buffing it would make it overpowered against Max units.

I say let this thing wreck vehicles. Max's outdoors have enough things trying to kill them.
  4. Azawarau

How is the max a hard counter to an engi with an archer?

I believe i said earlier increasing its viability in other things rather than having it overkill max suits was a better idea

No damage dropoff at a distance would be a start to this
    • Up x 1
  5. orangejedi829

headshot, chamber, headshot.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

Two headshots
  7. Azawarau

Even easier with smaller scopes that hed like to see...

Can we pout the chamber time aside and find other viable solutions that maybe well agree on?
  8. LodeTria

Well Tank mines can do it in less already, with even less risk.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Read his post.
  10. Scr1nRusher

It wasn't.

Buffing it wouldn't make it OP.
  11. Scr1nRusher

More scope options & better velocity.

Also The Chamber time should be decreased since the chamber time screws the weapon over in action combat were things are moving & shooting.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Thats still not "one second"

Do your ******* math correctly.
  13. Imp C Bravo

My questions cause too many ****storms. Everyone in this thread should just start over. From both the double fire rate suggestion (and reasons) to why or why not form everyone else. These 1 line running arguments make this all pointless.
  14. Flag

Because they can still kill you in the time it takes to rechamber after the first shot. If it's an NC max it can kill you before you get to pull the trigger of the first (as they kill all the things, really). That wouldn't change.

Also, it's not so much a hard counter to the engineer itself, but to all infantry (that is what maxes do). Right now, if you need to deal with enemy maxes the answer is not to pull archers, because that leaves you too weak against everything else. The solution is to pull your own maxes, HAs with RLs, C4 with LAs (and medics), tank mines etc etc. The Archer? No, not really. Better to have a carbine/SMG and use some explosives instead, or the Mana turret, or not go engineer for the job.

That's why. For a weapon that only really does one thing well it doesn't even outshine the alternatives at said task. AV nade + Deci shot is still preferable, and doesn't cost you your primary gun.
  15. Demigan

First shot is instant
    Chamber time of 1 second with your change
    Second shot, target dead.

If you look at it from the MAX's perspective:
    Hit in the head.
    1 second wait
    Second hit in the head, dead. In fact due to latency he will be dead before that and his shots will stop dealing damage in that time.
    • Up x 1
  16. Azawarau

Well you shouldnt be entirely invincible

Its true of the other max counters such as tank mines and C 4

Tank mines you can spot and shot

C 4 you can outrun or shoot if you see them beforehand

Thats actually my point

You seem to want it to the point that max suits are absolutely helpless against archers. Thats too hard a counter for something that costs resources

I dont have any issue at all hitting things that are moving and shooting

Theres a point to using the archer knowing its weaknesses and playing on its strengths

Last night i got a prowler and harasser kill on the things trying to destroy the max i was supporting

Also the 4 C 4 3 archer shots to finish a shielded sunderer alone on an engi without having to wait for UBGL reload time

Delicious

Fire hit

wait 1 second

Fire hit

Assuming you dont miss

Is almost as if there isnt a voice of reason in this thread at all
  17. FateJH

I'd say you're too close to the MAX if this is a problem and, if you must be this close to the MAX, then you're operating without backup.
    Actually, it was designed and sold entirely as an anti-MAX rifle. It's the developers calling the playerbase out for asking for a weapon that was good against MAXes, even if good against nothing else, as they claimed they would carry it. (They met us a third the way and made it the same against MAXes and Infantry in STK.) It's very much a successor to the Rocklet Rifle from PlanetSide Classic - a magazine dump on a MAX stripped it of all of its armor and it was easily killed thereafter, while a magazine dump on the strongest of Infantry armor destroyed that Infantry target.

Personally, I think it's closer to a Battle Rifle than anything.
    For once, they actually had very little to do with this.
    It's not you; it's the OP. This level of discourse becomes typical of more than half of the threads where he is the greatest common divisor.
  18. orangejedi829

rofl, how are you doing your "math"?
    0 + 1 + 0 = 1.
    Don't sling insults at people who do math correctly for doing math correctly. It doesn't make you look very smart.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

I'll just link you this:

Learn math.
  20. orangejedi829

Tank mines cost 50 Nantes each.
    Only 2 tank mines can be carried, total.
    Tank mines can't be refilled with ammo packs.
    Tank mines can easily be avoided or shot.
    Tank mines have no range.
    Tank mines can kill a Vanguard in less than 1sec too. Does that mean the Archer should also be able to kill a Vanguard 1sec, since "Tank mines can do it in less already, with even less risk"?