How to improve as TR HA????

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximaster, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I started a new TR char,im going to focus on HA at the moment,and ive build the mini chain gun,but i die like a rat every time. Before now,i usually played infiltrator all the time and its different gamestyle. The shield i have its the damage reducer shield,paired with advanced shield capacitor and if i can,med kits as accessoryes. The damage absortion shield its better but reload time sucks,the damage reducer shield its good but not as damage absortion shield,but at least the reload time its better. Because i only use mini chain gun (dont make bad feelings,mini chain gun its good to kill hundreds of enemyes) atm i would like to know how to do good work in battlefield,but the reaction time of enemyes its better than mine and start shooting earlyer. Maybe one day i do a self gameplay and u can see how im bad player. Well,u can see it now,my K/D ratio its for laugh. I build the mini chain gun thinking that i can do better work than my Vanu infiltrator,but i fail. So,its a good idea to put TR HA gameplays here,maybe im not badly as i think,but die every time makes me frustrating. Maybe my FPS doesnt help (30 FPS with all in minimal settings) but dunno if this counts.
  2. pnkdth

In order for the resist shield to be effective, you want it at least at lvl4. Otherwise, I recommend using the NMG. Especially if you are struggling in 1v1s(as you can soak more damage at once).

As for reaction time, I don't know, but I'd go to the VR and get a feel for which time of weapon suits you. The CARV is a solid choice but the Rhino(with advanced forward grip) is easier to manage. The MCG might not be the weapon for you.

30fps is quite low for a first person shooter, and most definitely plays a factor. Many would consider dropping below 40fps unplayable, and 60fps+ to be ideal.

Good luck
  3. gamespyer0350

Pick up an MSW-R or a T9 CARV S, and use NMG. The adrenaline is better, but is MUCH more expensive. Cert medkits for more survivability, and use your rocket for harder kills and poking around corners. As a new player, don't try for 1v1's. Find a group, and stick in it
  4. Nexus2151

To make the mini chain gun work stay out of 1v1's run with a mob and prefire from cover. pick whatever shield you like go down NMG and buy conq nades as they run well with the MCG.

If your heart is set on playing heavy just with the MCG be ready for a lot of disapointment it like most of the TR arsenel is not a great weapon and tbh your better off with a MSW-R or the Carv. But hey what do I know I love the TMG-50 and run it at all ranges so good luck have fun.
  5. Ximaster

Are u saying that T7 MCG its a bad weapon????
  6. Ximaster

I have it in lvl 4,waiting for 100 more certs for lvl 5.
  7. Ximaster

Im new yeah,but with the HA,before that i usually play Vanu and NC infiltrators,one with stalker mode and other with hunter,and the gameplay was very different. HA is a front line fighter,either infiltrator have the best surivivality due his invisivility. And about 1 vs 1, i only lose 1 vs 1 battles versus a experimented BR100 HA player. They aim at my head and shoot his 100 bullets to my face,so i die like a rat. I usually lose massive battles when enemy are attacking in all flanks. And another thing that ive noticed...HA have less default shields??? Or maybe i loss versus NC all the time due his firepower???? I noticed that versus NC my endurance its lesser than normal,oh and those guys usually use shotguns,so my shield its sub effective,the firepower of NC paired with the firepower of a shotgun makes me feel as paper. And the equivalent of T7 MCG in NC (im refering to Jackhammer) its more powerful in close quarters than the MCG,so i have half probablityes of die if one of those guys have the Jackhammer in close quarters.
  8. Ximaster

Btw,there is any videos of any experimented HA??? Maybe like our friend and master elusive1 as infiltrator but in HA??? I didnt find anything,i only watched videos of master infiltrators like CuteBeaver or elusive1,but didnt find any videos of any other class. Im saying,there is no videos of pro-combat medics,or engineers,and less videos of HAs...
  9. Marder

10. Ximaster

Omg,that is a true HA :D
  11. Gutseen

Get Adreno shield, pump up adv shield cap.
    buy a NS-15
    put 3.4 LANS sights on it+ f.grip+ spa+ compensator

while shooting draw ur mouse in left+down direction

get killz
  12. Pixues

T9 Carv all day..

13. jmdafk

I started the game playing TR heavy and really struggled.
    I think a lot of it comes down to expectation and misunderstanding the game. I think its better to start as medic or engy, they have better weapons and you have an excuse to stay off the front line, and kills will be easier as youll always be around friendlies. Then when you play heavy youll be more careful and able to use its strengths to get an overwhelming advantage, not just take 0.4 seconds longer to die!

HA equipment wise,
    The first problem i noticed was the T9 Carv. Despite other factions making out its the best gun in the universe, it is in reality utter crap. Its great for farming door ways, or general farming but has zero accuracy so if you try and take someone 1 on 1 you stand a very good chance of dying. Its only accurate in hipfire range - so when you stand a chance youll be dead before you ads.
    Imo MSWR is essential equipment, you can hit what your aiming at, id say within 30metres its as good as any LMG. Backed up with the NS15 for longer range (use the ns15 and you wont want to use another TR LMG)
    I also use resist sheild. I can see where good players will use one of the others, but resist allows you more tolerance to finding a fight and staying in it, and the next and the next... and you dont need to use up a slot with nanoweave.

And what i found the main use for a heavy is, is rocket spam. Use resist with rocket purse and just keep firing rockets in the enemys direction. Ive killed many max's and snipers at 300-500 metres with lucky shots.

This is a really good tip.
  14. Liewec123

like you i originally made my TR for the MCG (and still love the weapon) and my advise if you want to keep using it would be to pick up the attachment ("Ballistic" thingy or B.R.R.T for short) as soon as you can!
    you'll need to sacrifice extended mag and lazer sight, but the faster ROF and startup will make the weapon sooo much better!
  15. Eternaloptimist

Only thing I can add to the good advice already given is to ask what range do you shoot at? I found chaingun to be pretty ineffective at long range - a spray and pray weaopn (probably intentional). I find the T32 Bull or the T16 Rhino pretty damn' good at all ranges (with grip and comp). It's not the number of bullets you fire, but the number that hit which brings your man down and leaves you standing. And don't stand still! and aim down sights and burst fire then duck/hide/run (i.e. be a hard target to hit while making more of your shots count).
  16. MarkAntony

TR HA
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMW0bQ_-d-P71FwESeVmqoQ
    NC HA
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4LRbEmE1mBIMkDbsJtISQ
    VS Medic (mostly)
    http://www.twitch.tv/fleischwolfx/profile/past_broadcasts

there you go. watch and learn ;)

EDIT: and of course you forgot the quintessential
    Infiltrator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg6QWRgILHN-zDYPmzjiXw

he also has vids of LA,Medic and Heavy gameplay.
  17. bubbacon

Sock Rocks

18. Ximaster

I seen the TR HA video. The main problem with me was my computer,that only runs on 25 FPS and i have all in minimals,so maybe for kill right a person i need more FPS. Im thinking to build a new graphic card with at least 1GB of video memory RAM,what do u think??? Maybe i can improve my skills with better graphic card????
  19. MarkAntony

You will definitely be way better if you get better FPS. Don't really know enough about computers to give advice about graphic cards though.
    But unless you get at least 60 FPS you will always be at a disadvantage.
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah this.

Most people are shocked to find out I can maintain a 2+ KDR while only getting maybe 40 FPS.

Yay running the game on a 4 year old laptop.