How to force ultra settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blade782, Nov 30, 2012.

1. MistaN

....and half of those settings are bogus and made up.
    How do i know? Because I'm the guy who originally put them in.
    There is no such thing as AmbientOcclusionQuality or AOQuality. That was just me fishing for unknown tweaks....those two settings mean the same thing but I worded it different to see if either one of them changed anything.
  2. PsyStorm

I set my platform clock to false and disabled hyperthreading and got about 15-20 fps. Thanks MistaN
  3. Blackhand

Kept wondering why my game never looked as good as videos I had seen. Now I know why. Put in the posted settings and viola! Game looks so much cleaner and smooth. Thanks guys!
  4. TintaBux

+1

5 is not Ultra, guys keep thinking so and going I got amazing FPS, that's because they not on Ultra.
    • Up x 1
  5. Darkard

5 is a total myth.

People who set things to 5 and then go "Oh! My frames were so much better!" is because the game defaults back to medium if the settings make no sense.

If you want some real figures then you should check out: http://www.geforce.co.uk/optimise/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1
    On the last page they cover Ultra
    Basically, they did "5" and it did nothing.
    The settings that hey have on that last page are the ones that actually make a difference.
  6. MistaN

Ok, well try this. Put "ShadowQuality=5" and tell me that your frames dont take a nose dive. The other settings may not have a "5" per se but ShadowQuality definitely does and it's different from the "4" value. Also, YES I know that Cyclez said "5" doesnt exist (im the 1 who asked the question and got it answered in that steam in the 1st place).
  7. Alpha Perseus

Something is wrong man... really. Even setting the game to ULTRA, my game not looks so beautifull as the YT videos look. To be honest, coparing my game in ultra to the videos in youtube, looks like im running my game in high and not in ultra, even setting everything to ULTRA in-game. Can someone explain me how to force the game to run in TRUE ULTRA?