How to force ultra settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blade782, Nov 30, 2012.

1. MistaN

I bet you didnt know there was a custom ShadowQuality setting....
  2. Zakuak

Render Quality 1.4
    Texture Quality 0
    All ultra

I feel bad for posting in some threads last week about how awful the game looked. I was misinformed on INI settings and now that I have it set up right all I can say is WOW the game has come to life for me, looks awesome and plays good.

Thanks to you guys in the know and giving me the correct values!
  3. SvZ Owns

Oh thank god i google this, Game runs so smooth and looks like it's on ultra now. 70-50fps.. from 50-20fps... :>
    Really does make u wonder why this game graphic is backwards, used to play on low and now I changed the ini to this. Runs like ultra and plays 80% smoother + better :|.... That's truly messed up.
  4. smetana

The same for me when I changed to the INI settings on the pastebin link. Game runs much smoother and I increased my fps by 15-20 in some cases.
    Additionally: In order to keep it running as smooth as possible I restart the game every 30-40 minutes or so
  5. Luewen

Yes, cos the 5 on settings doesnt make it ultra. If you put a setting to value game doesnt use, it goes to default settings which is medium.
    If you dont believe, try it yourself and see the difference between 4 and the so called magic 5 setting that doesnt exist.
  6. MistaN

That's a complete lie and actually setting ShadowQuality to 4 is worse than setting it to high or 5.
    LightingQuality needs to stay at 2 in order to get all of the fancy shadow work...
  7. Believer

lol, Im starting to think that RadarX warning us not to post .ini files might actually have been a good idea, since the settings themselves seem to defy logic, and after all these threads there is yet no consensus. :rolleyes:
  8. MrBaracu

This settings are good for me because it use more GPU in small fights and i get 50+ FPS but in big fights it use CPU again and i get max 20 FPS :\
    Why don't use PS2 the GPU in big fights?
  9. Luewen

Nope. Go around and look for the pics about different settings and you see...

I am done on arguing about this. There is a **** ton of false information going around the so called 5 setting etc.
  10. MistaN

I dont have to look for pictures....I'll post my pictures a bit later but I've done extensive testing with this. At the very least, ShadowQuality IS affected by setting it to 5. But I do know that FloraQuality has absolutely no change (I dont think it changes from medium to high to ultra to "5").
  11. Alexlightning7

Alot of the settings CAN be 5.

Medium doesn't have cloud shadows.
    I am running at 5 and I have cloud shadows.

That means even if It does default lower, it either defaults to 4 or 3, or ultra or high.
    Also, setting lighting quality to 5 seems to lower AO by alot, but makes guns and surfaces look fantastic. Very shiny and reflective.
    Its sad that you need to make a comprimise.

I can post pics.

Not all settings can be 5, no. But many of them can and even if they arent, they don't default back to medium.
    Many of the settings do have a max of 4, but not all.
  12. MistaN

It doesnt make guns look shinier because of less AO. It looks shinier because it adds more (and higher res) reflection/cubemaps to everything...especially things in the shadow.
  13. Alexlightning7

I know that, I just said that for some reason, AO isn't as strong anymore.
    It sucks because the guns look so much better at 5, but the shadows looks so much better without it at 5.
  14. PaperPlanes

Most likely because it heavily uses the CPU to process and render the other players' connections. When there's a bunch of people on your screen, handling the information related to their movement, hitboxes, etc. is all on the CPU. Remember in any game when you're shooting someone and they're shooting back at you, all you're actually doing is sending data packets to each other and the server, the CPU processes all that data, so when there is a ton of people in big fights your CPU gets stressed, while in smaller fights your CPU isn't needed as much.

That's how it was explained to me, anyway.
  15. Prodigal

Thanks for the post, although I dont understand enough of this to be able to judge how it works. However, I noticed you have some parameters I dont have in my .ini, how's that? I dont have RenderQuality, no EffectsDistanceScale, no ParticleDistanceScale.

Thanks for any help.
  16. Alexlightning7

its older from beta. alot of the options arent there any more.

In addition, "SOME" of them don't go to 5 anymore.
    Lightning quality, shadow quality, and graphics quality go to 5, although I usually set the graphics quality to 4.

Lighting quality 5 is different. It greatly increases the quality of reflections, but the SSAO effect is lessened and other lightning quality settings will be put on medium. aka worse looking rocks, no cloud shadows.

I also have shadows on low (1) for fps, but these will go up to 5. Im pretty sure it only increases the range that shadows effect the terrain at, but not sure.

Also, renderquality should be near the top of your .ini file. That is definitly in there. Alot of people use it.
  17. Lash

OMG!!! I am amazed. The night fights, the definiton of the ground, the detail of the weapons, everything just gorgeous.
    I play BF3 on ultra setting, I have to say PS2 and BF3 graphically speaking are on the same level.

Code:
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=5
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=999999.000000
    Gamma=0.500000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    MotionBlurQuality=5
    BlurQuality=5
    AOQuality=5
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
    ParticleQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=74
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=0
  18. Rider004

Shadows still use CPU, so you should set that to 0 for higher FPS.
  19. Dermox

5 is ********

[Display]
    RenderQuality=1.400000 !!!!!

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=4
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=4
    RenderDistance=999999.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=4
    MotionBlurQuality=4
    BlurQuality=4
    AOQuality=4
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=4
    ParticleQuality=2
    VerticalFOV=74
    FloralLOD=4
    EffectsLOD=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=1
  20. NaySayer

My texture quality is at 1, why is it recommended to be set to 0?