How to force ultra settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blade782, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Krizzen

Try it yourself. In my experience, 3 is the in-game low, 2 is medium, and 1 is high. 0 goes to ultra. Try 0 first, and then try 3. The difference should be very, very obvious.

Here's a nice comparison shot posted on the forums here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...h-the-best-fps-guide.55017/page-3#post-688814
  2. Alexlightning7

Thats only for texture quality and one other setting that I forgot.
    Everything else, higher=better.

And yes, the majorityof options go to 5. The ones Im absolutly sure of are Graphics Quality and Lighting Quality. The rest "Could" be 4, but putting them to 5 should help regardless.

Except for Textures and that other setting which go to 0.

0 is Ultra low settings for most of them, so he will see a difference.
    If he sets them all to 3, he will see great lighting with crap textures.

Whoever made that picture you posted was mis informed.
  3. Krizzen

How is the poster of that image misinformed? You've said the exact same thing (texture quality 0 is ultra, 3 is low), except his post illustrates the settings with images rather than language. There's immense confusion surrounding texture quality being opposite of intuition. I think in this case, a picture is worth more than a thousand words.
  4. Alexlightning7

No, thats not what I said.
    First
    This is true for textures, but the person asking about it was asking about everything, not just textures. So for the majority of the settings, he would think your telling him to set them to low.

As for the poster of that image
    Reading it again I may have been thinking about it wrong. He could still give the message that all settings should work like that. He just isnt specific enough.
    Same problem with your post actually.
    Need more specifics.
  5. Krizzen

Yeah, I guess the context of each post would come in handy. I kinda forgot the OP's question from reading the rest of the thread, and the link doesn't show the true context, i.e. he was replying about TextureQuality only!
  6. Alexlightning7

yeah, I realise that now, so my above post was wrong. Sorry.
  7. Atromnis

Just applied these to mine, and not only does it look gorgeous, but my average FPS went up ~10FPS.
  8. DeadKrow

I am personally trying to do this but when i located my ini file it didn't give me this many options. it only has as follows

GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=999999.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=1000
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
  9. neoenigma

You add the options you don't see ^^

So if you set something to 5 and it actually doesn't go up to 5, will the game just use 4 instead? I just want to make sure that when I set something to 5 and it doesn't go that high, it doesn't decide to default to some in-game medium....

And I know ultra textures are 0. I was only concerned about the options that can go up to 4... and whether or not turning them to 5 actually makes a difference.
  10. MrBaracu

I read 5 does not exist and turn the game to low and not to ultra quality. So 4 is the highest quality and all people with 5 do it wrong.
  11. AudieSmurfy

LightingQuality should be set to =2. Setting it any higher causes it to act as if it were on low, so you won't see things like cloud shadows.
  12. Roxon

Can you post your Usersettings pls? I have the same specs
  13. MistaN

This is right, to a certain extent....

I'm the guy who made these settings. You can see my username here under the [VideoCapture] section : http://pastebin.com/XFkf8sYJ . I see them being posted all around these forums. It's funny because these things:
    • EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    • FloraDistanceScale=2.000000
    • TerrainLOD=5
    They're more than likely not even real settings, they're just settings that I guessed would work based on the other tweaks. I've messed around with other tweaks in the useroptions.ini. I'm trying to figure out a few hidden settings. But anyways....

After testing all these settings extensively, seting LightingQuality to 4-6 means better cubemaps/reflectionmaps but it tones down the ambient occlusion ALOT. It also turns off things like cloud shadows. It's weird because the reflections look a lot better and it adds a lot more reflective surfaces but it pretty much turns off ambient occlusion on most textures & player models. A lot of ppl say it's more subtle and like it like that. It's true that it's more subtle but it's subtle to the point of almost being off. It also gets rid of the double/triple shadow effect from the ambient occlusion.

If you set the rest of the settings (besides the LOD settings) to anything higher than 4 then it will just set everything to the max. You could set it to 100 and it'll just max out at 4 or 5. I cant really confirm if there's a difference between 4 and 5 but I set it to 5 anyways. I got 5 as the max during the beta. A couple of guys did some extensive testing very early in the tech test when there were more commands. I wish I saved all of those other commands because they adjusted things like reflectionmaps and shadowfilters.
  14. Slaint

I turn on those super high qual settings and I just laugh. If people are actually playing with these settings, its no wonder most of both allies and enemies can't see the opposition right in front of their faces. Sure it looks good, but you're making life harder on yourself than you need to.
  15. Slaint

Lol, not to mention on a good computer I log into the warp gate with 70-100fps with my useroptions.ini. With those settings, it take me to like 20-40fps.
  16. MistaN

Nah, it runs fine. I hold at least 50fps 90% of the time.
    I run anywhere from 50-120fps with these settings, even with RenderQuality set to 1.20. It dips down to 40-45 in HUGE battles but it's still playable.
  17. Slaint

Its not just about the frames, its about what all that eye candy will hide from the eye. Shadows and lighting especially.

I have the same cpu @ 4.5 with my video card clocked beyond many of the stock settings of a 670. 670 is still better, but again, frames aren't the issue.

Just sayin', if people tweaking their system to help them be more competitive, dropping some of those settings down a notched and turning others off altogether would be more helpful.
  18. Archaegeo

Be careful discussing .ini

I made a Graphics Guide post yesterday and it was closed because it provided UserOptions.ini examples. They may have allowed it in the past (ive seen the post) but RadarX confirmed that they do not want examples out right now because too many people possibly create bugs or crashes with bad settings. Now my guide is just the basic UI.

Btw, if any of you have screenshot examples that are missing from the guide, please provide a tinypic IMG link. Need low and high examples of the missing screenshots, standing at same spot and same view, preferably in medium settings, and do not include ultra examples at this time.
  19. Luewen

Lets make some things clear here.

There is NO, i repeat. NO 5 quality setting in game. And there has never been since beta.
    IF you want ultra you put TextureQuality to 0 and rest of the options that you want for ultra, to 4. If you put it to 5 it will change to default settings in game.

Also like many said, make sure to put -1 to overallquality.
  20. DxM

I would just like to chime in here as I've been struggling with FPS since the beta.
    I have a modest system I think, a quad core q66somethingsomething, 3 gig of ram and a new 7950 card with 3gb of video ram.
    The cpu is clocked at 3.0 ghz

Anyway, I was getting around the 20 fps mark in heavy action, dropping to single figures and even 1 fps during big fights, especially while flying (more stuff to render I suppose).

I tried the 'ultra' settings above and I still got low fps (possibly a slight increase).
    I went into the game settings via the 'settings' menu in the game and set the graphics quality to 'High', which set everything else to high.
    Wow, such a difference! I think my FPS has doubled, hovering happily between 40 and 50 fps, 30 ish in big land battles.
    In the air it still drops but it is still much better.
    The game is really playable for me now! Wooo!

So maybe shoving the load onto the graphics card is what is happening, but it's worked great for me.

hth
    ymmv
    etc