How to force ultra settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blade782, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Blade782

Title says it all, thx
  2. Iadien

3. DonnyD.

Graphicsquality should be set -1 to define the profile as custom so you can change options in game without resetting the .ini
  4. AuntLou42

Is this allowed?
  5. JojoTheSlayer

Yes, ini editing is ok. Injections like SweetFX and so on is not.
    There is a sticky about it I think from one of the Devs.
  6. Zakuak

Ok I had some questions regarding this I posted in another thread about screen shots but that threads gone lol.

I read this quoted bit a few days ago explaining how to get "ultra" settings....the values are different then what Ladien has linked above.

[Rendering], set all the stuff to 4, like TextureQuality,Graphics Quality, Shadow,Lighting,etc. Make sure that the OverallQuality=-1 so that it will be custom, and allow you to change what you want and won't revert. Ingame it will show blank options in the UI but it actually is working on Ultra. Should make your Computer run PlanetSide 2 GPU-bound and not CPU-bound as PlanetSide 2 does not use the full CPU power.

Who's correct, my values are set to 4, the link shows a value of 5 AND a texture quality of 0??? How is that ultra?
  7. TeknoBug

Very nice! When alt+F in game watching the FPS in the lower left corner, it went from FPS: ## [CPU] to FPS: ## [GPU] and the game runs smoother and even in big battles I'm getting 30-35fps, before I was getting 18-25fps. This seems to take a load off the CPU for gfx renderring.

PS- mind you I'm not using my home PC, I'm away using an older PC and it's still kicking with the old ATI 5770.
  8. Zakuak

Tekno, you set the values to 5 or 4? Aside from a performance gain did the game look better at 5?

Bleh, I wish I was at home so I could get my own answers lol. The anticipation of notching the game up to lvl 5 is killing me!!!

With all my settings at 4 including texture quality my game stays FPS ## CPU
  9. TeknoBug

I used 4 but I set shadows to 0 to turn it off completely.
  10. Bambi

Does anyone know what UseLod0a does?
  11. PoopMaster

Does that mean I can select ultra using the in-game UI if I set it to -1? Or do I still have to alter the rest of the .ini settings for it to work on ultra?
    • Up x 1
  12. Alexlightning7

To get ultra textures, set Texture quality to 0.
    They are real high res textures.
    4 textures=3 texture=in game high textures.

Each option has different amounts it can be turned up, so some will be 5.

Heres what it should be

GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=5
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=999999.000000 (turn this to 3000 or below for fps)
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    MotionBlurQuality=5
    BlurQuality=5
    AOQuality=5
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
    ParticleQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=74
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=0

Also, find the RenderQuality
    set it from 1.00000(dont know how many 0s)
    to 1.4000000 (however many zeros)
    This has a pretty drastic effect, but a pretty big performance hit.

This is real ultra.

setting them all to 4 is not ultra.
  13. Daimond

No clue as to why the derv's made Texture Quality in reverse to everything els. but Ultra=0 - Low=3
    Render distance=-1 is max distance game will give you, not sure what the accual # is to down size that though or why any one would as its vary low to begine with. was 2x farther in mid beta.
  14. Bambi

Does 5 actually do anything?
  15. DonnyD.

It just means the game wont overwrite the settings in the ini if you change, say, shadows in game.
  16. Seabottom

17. PoopMaster

Weird, I tried manually typing it in, then copypasting, but it always crashes with G25 error. My video card is 7870
  18. Alexlightning7

Well that is strange....
  19. neoenigma

You're suggesting that 5 is actually ultra and not 4? The highest in-game setting is 3. So you're saying 4 is better, 5 is best? Is there any documented proof of this? Screenshot comparisons? I find it hard to believe that 5 is actually better than 4... I've heard that even 4 doesn't register for a lot of the settings and that the game still uses 3.
  20. tgf63

I just adjusted my settings based on the ones I found in this thread and I can't believe the AMAZING performance increase. I was CPU locked, but this forces more of the rendering to move to the GPU.

I was getting 60fps in the warpgate (using a mix of high and medium settings), and now I'm getting in the 100s. 20s in firefights became 30/40fps. AND the game is looking better and much smoother to boot. Awesome tips dudes.

Q9550 @ 3.4GHz
    8mb RAM
    GTX570 OC'd to 870MHz/1975MHz mem
    64-bit Win7