How to deal with heavy assaults?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Tovarisch Maxim

I usualy love playing as Light assault because I love It's fast playstyle of able to fly flank and maneuver unlike any other class. I know It's not suitable for newbies, but I dislike playing Tank/Defence classes, because they're not suitable for my playstyle.

However, I have problem with heavy assaults. It's usualy like this:

You see an Heavy assault passing, you start shooting it, the heavy assault activates It's shield (Ability) then shred you.

Or they just run away to cover, and then out of sudden jump from their cover, your aiming gets messed up and you die ofcourse, though that can happen with any class that the enemy may use.

Maybe because the starting weapons for the ligh assault class is not really suitable for dealing with those problems like close quarters battle? Maybe I should get a better gun that fits better for close quarters combat?
  2. stalkish

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. JibbaJabba

If you are toe to toe out in the open and didn't drop them with your alpha strike then you are in trouble. You'll have to land headshots to survive. Several factors will help you:
    The HA is using ADS and cannot strafe well.
    The HA is using overshield so strafes slower still.
    The HA will be running nanoweave but it does not protect the head.

Other general tips:
    Break LOS as soon as you can so you have a chance to use your strengths. Use your mobility to pick the range the engagement is going to happen at. When picking range keep in mind:

LMGs (with tiniest of exceptions) utterly suck at hipfire. If you can surprise the heavy even for half a second, you'll be landing shots while he'll be waiting for his sights to come up.

If you can't engage at surprise close range, then kite the heavy. A bit of hit and run will get that shield down. Remember, the shield is draining any time it's on, not just when it's taking hits. Get the heavy to waste it.
  4. Tovarisch Maxim

Can you tell the name of those guns?
  5. Prudentia

Nighthawk
    Piston
    Pandora
  6. FateJH

PROTIP: To defeat the Heavy Assault, shoot at it until it dies.
    • Up x 3
  7. HippoCryties

Hey bro just wanna state that the starting carbines for each factions are defo the best...
    Anyways never EVER face a heavy assault hawed on. I main heavy and if a light assault jumps in front of me I’ll jut activate my shield and shred them. Always flank them and make sure u aim for the heads or urge screwed, especially if they are experienced.
    As JibbaJabba said the heavy shield slows down movement speed so use that to urge advantage also their ads speed is horrific
    Hope this help
  8. Doc Jim

Unless you are using auto shotguns at extremely close range, headshots are seemingly the way deal with how tough the heavies are. The problem starts when the heavy returns fire and throws off your aim. To deal with this problem you can take the battle hardened implant to mitigate the effect of the heavy's lmg on your own aim.
  9. Sazukata

Heavy Assaults don't have a definitive counter. You have to play better than them or be one.
    • Up x 1
  10. CaptCran

11. DarkStarAnubis

Sorry - you start shooting or you start hitting? There is a ton of difference.

Average human reaction time is about 250ms and the HA will need more time to locate you (say 100 ms? But it could be a lot more, as LA you may be on some roof) and yet more time to go ADS (say 150 ms?). Put all of this together and you have 500ms to pump rounds into your HA before he will start to fire back, 500 ms it is very close to the theoretical TTK of most of the automatic weapons in the game.

If your rounds are on target he should be 50%-75% dead, just keep firing and close the deal. NMG and AS can absorb more or less 3 extra bullets depending on the weapon, RS won't help so much because in this setup the HA health is already down.

Record a session and look at how many bullets you fire and how many hits are registered. The answer is there. Look at your stats for the weapon you are using: if you have an hit ratio of 20% your real TTK is five times as much so yes, in that situation the HA can still kill you if he shoots marginally better.
  12. Zagareth

Ignore them and let them do their stuff - Heavy Assaults are only bloated egos, who can spray bullets in all directions, hitting targets only by luck.
    They usually die by their own fault, stumbling around, falling over their own clumsy feet and breaking their necks.
  13. HAXTIME

Wait for a clean shot, then put bullets into the head.

They will usually die before they can realize what hit them, and if they don't, only keep engaging if you absolutely know what you are doing, because you are likely going to get dropped in a heartbeat once they acquire your position. It's usually better to just disengage and wait for the next opportunity.
  14. DrPapaPenguin

Flank and spank ;)
  15. VookieTheCooki3

16. Halkesh

You can kill HA with 2 knife headshot, but without proper training it won't end well.
    Flanking and surprise them are your best option, if you're good enough they won't have enough time to activate their overshield.
    As a light assault, if you're doing a fair fight, you're doing wrong.

Semi-auto and full auto Shotgun are good, but avoid pump action against HA.
    C4 deal 1250dmg while HA have 1450 hp, it does not work as easily as on everything else.