How to counter VS alert domination?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CompletelyDeadCoyote, Oct 3, 2015.

1. 1Tap2Tap

Step 1: Drop on empty base

-> Drop 96+, like DIG normally does.

Step 2: Prepare defensive line in best position between A and spawn room

-> This includes surrounding the base with literally dozens of air and ground vehicles.

Step 3: Wait for counter strike

-> Doesn´t happen because noone wants to put up with that BS.

Step 4: ????

-> ????

Step 5: Profit

-> If profit means collecting base capture XP and staring at a spawnroom in the meanwhile...yes.
  2. [HH]Mered4

I watched a vehicle zerg of TR drive through three bases on their way to Acan bio lab during an Emerald Hossin alert today.

A good thirty lightings crowding that tiny little road. My God.

The server died and kicked everyone off for thirty seconds. When it came back, no more vehicle zerg :D Result? VS win alert. GG.
  3. MasterOhh

Having a quarter of the continent population of one faction sitting at an empty base, means they are missing elswhere. The other two factions should be able to use that advantage. Unless of course they are just mindless zerging themselves.
  4. 1Tap2Tap

True, i don´t argue that.

I was just reasoning why fighting VS on Miller sucks. You never have a fair fight, because either you get zerged or don´t see a VS at all. Actually finding a balanced fight involving Miller-VS in any way is a rare occurance because they move like a huge ball. You get either all of them or none.

Also i wanted to refute the theory of NC and TR just wanting to kill VS.
    There are many NC/TR that actively avoid fighting the VS on Miller.
  5. Goretzu

Yup, on the up side if you happen to be there if can be quite fun if you just treat it like playing Duck Hunt! :)

It's not work it is just accepting Zergfits, Miller TR used to be similar although they didn't tend to rely on the air drop quite so much.

I've seen DIG do it on early alerts where 3 platoons is pretty much as much as either the TR or NC could possibly bring. In that context it shows how narrow the tactics used actually are, because there's absolute no point having everyone effectively ghost-capping when that force could be used elsewhere. Which is, of course, how they are often beaten, when the TR or NC deploy just enough to stall them and move on 1 to 2 other fronts in force.

I'm not denying it is effective (especially just off Prime Time), I'm just saying it is ridculous overkill and effectively game breaking IF the othersides aren't doing the same.

Which, of course, is the irony.... if the TR or NC have a roughly equal force they tend to beat them as DIG tends to splat when they do their usual thing onto a remotely well organised force.

DIG tends to profit most with this tactic either off-peak when they are putting a serious amount of force down against relatively unorganised opposition, or when the TR and NC are fighting each other hard and it becomes difficult for either to remove enough force to counter. They do get wiped out a LOT, but by repeatedly (endlessly) doing it they generally make overall gains (because it is a simple and reliable tactic - just repeatedly putting enough force on one Hex to probably take it unless mass reinforcements come). It is an effective if totally boring and obvious tactic, it is also still remains ridculous against an empty base.

It just is what it is, but I will still laugh when 3 platoons drop into an empty base. :p
  6. CompletelyDeadCoyote

Last few days, to my surprise, i havn't seen that much VS domination on Miller alerts. Pretty fair figt on all fronts almost all the time. Even DIG kinda spred it's forces, so it's mostly 40%\60% fights instead of 10%\90% as i got used to. Nice!
  7. Imperial Sect

They don't? 99% of the time when I look at the map its NC and TR tag teaming us.
    • Up x 2
  8. Flag

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo when NC does the EXACT same **** as DIG are flamed for, it's "fine"? Same for TR btw.

What is this double-standard nonsense...
  9. Goretzu

Nobody does it like DIG. (except maybe GOON) :p
  10. Flag

Or JNJ, or ORBS, or ELME ... And yes, GOON.
    That's just the first ones that comes to mind, there are other spergs who jumpes on the chance to out-zerg DIG given the opportunity.

******* hypocrites.
  11. 1Tap2Tap

The difference between DIG and all other outfits in Planetside 2 is, that DIG has 7000+ members, which of course is not a fault in itself.

The problem is, that DIG uses the huge manpower it has available recklessly.

Overpopping everything, even fights with other zergfits like ORBS or ELME, does not teach the VS younglings (I guess 90%+ of new Miller VS players start in DIG, they recruit everything that crawls and does not have an outfit tag) how to "git gud" in Planetside and destroys every fight for the opposition.

Funnily enough, a few days ago Miller NC tried to defend against a DIG attack, I cannot remember which base it was.

NC defenders amounted to 96+.

Seems a lot?

VS had 70% pop in the hex anyway.

These are the moments where I don´t need to look at the map afterwards who captured the base.

It´s a given.

It´s DIG. :rolleyes:
  12. prodavit

Chill man I dont think VS is too OP, Take it from me who play all factions. Yes they're the faction with the best toys which fits into the lore, but they're not gods.

Here are the reasons I think that VS win alot.
    -Better Outfits and platoons, In connorry They have the outfit call hive which are pretty much all diamond players who's too good at the game, on emrael they have the DAPP which have the most orginice platoon I have ever seen. on other factions I played, outfits dont really go far.
    -more players, most people like picking VS since they're the coolest looking faction.
    -The koren and Japanese like playing VS, and you don't want to mess with koren at video game, they have PC bar there. it's insaine
  13. Flag

Their total member count is absolutely irrelevant - what matters is how many are online and moving around in a group/blob. And in that regard, every faction zergs.
    For example, yesterday. Tried defending against NC with 48-96 players (around 60 actually) - VS had 17% in the hex, with NC having 24-48 in the next base, and around 48 in a base in the adjacent lane in a 50/50 fight, also against the VS.

But noooo, only VS/DIG numbercrushes fights - not.

Hypocrites.
  14. Hammerlock

standard DIG in a nutshell
  15. CMDante

Fighting the VS is rife with Orion spam, LPPA, magriders up on hilltops, battlegoose, and dual-photon pods everywhere. Almost invariably one faction will just decide "**** it." And go attack the other guys, leaving their flank completely open and letting the VS through their entire army at one faction while the TR or NC is all of a sudden fighting a two-front war.
  16. 1Tap2Tap

So there is no difference in e.g.

a) 10% of 7000 players of a single outfit that are controlled by the decisions of one leader moving all those players in a single blob onto a single target

or

b) 10% of 7000 players of 100 different outfits that naturally split up between different fights because their 100 leaders will have different objectives?

K.

There is a reason why e.g. a military fleet has one commanding admiral controlling the strategic actions and movement of the respective fleet, not multiple.

I think you can guess why.

I did not argue that those situation do not happen to VS at all. Ofcourse it happens, but normally when that happens it´s different independent groups of players meeting at the same spot at the same time without having had coordinated/communicated before. It´s more of a coincidence than planned.

When you fight DIG, it happens literally

every

single

time

that you get outpopped horrendously, even if your defense or offense is 96+.

Don´t you think there is a reason why even some VS on Miller loathe DIG joining and consequently ruining their fights, even if they "win" in the end?

Don´t you think there is a reason why the first three letters that appear on most Miller players mind when the word "zerg" is mentioned are D, I and G?

Some Miller VS even called DIG "cancerous" for the Miller server.

I still wonder why.

Never said that, but again, just for you:

The problem with DIG is the amount of players under direct control of a single entity and the usage of those player amounts.
    Noone would have a problem if DIG would split up their forces according to the size of the fights that are at hand.
    But usually they don´t. Prepare getting crushed.

In contrast to some people claiming things like for example "NC are just all the newbs" or "VS are all cheesy ****ters" I didn´t make a generalization about VS as a zerging faction.

DIG just happens to be VS.

That is all.

Ending every post with an insult does not make your point stronger.

It just makes you look like a terrible person.

Have a nice evening.
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

I love fighting DIG (& GOON).... it does wonders for my AUXing rate!

But I was more talking about their tendancy to overpop AND still fail.

Although if you're talking pure Zergitude, it is hard to beat DIG n' friends numbers-wise on Miller, which just is what it is.
  18. Cynicismic

NC may try to do it, though as mentioned earlier, it's a numbers game. Dignity of War is a huge outfit - I was a member of it in my earlier time playing, and I can confirm that we essentially captured every facility that Miller VS captured because of its sheer size, and henceforth its sheer impact and presence on the battlefield. Is this a bad thing, however? Of course not; [DIG] is massive and expansive - many players simply join to hop onto the bandwagon. [DIG] is essentially a group of uncoordinated strangers who never chat, only they want to be a part of the outfit. Dignity of War is fundamentally an Empire in its own right that just so happens to be a part of the Vanu Sovereignty.

The problem with [DIG], as I see it, is that they're too big. There are too many players joining it, which is turning it into a conglomerate monopoly of an outfit. It is crushing smaller outfits in the Miller VS bathtub because no-one wants to join smaller ones - the size and magnitude of [DIG] is too appealing. People who moan about [DIG]'s over-pop, on the other hand, haven't really a foot to stand on. It's done by all factions. [DIG] isn't an outfit any more - it's essentially become a part of Miller VS, because it's now so huge and so uncoordinated that it is just like any other Empire. Likewise, those who complain that [DIG] loses the VS all their fights are simply using it as a scapegoat. [DIG] is now so huge, they're like a smaller version of each faction per server: massive, uncoordinated, with few players actually communicating with one another.

Over-pop happens on all factions. Though [DIG] just so happens to be VS. It's not a bad thing - it's just circumstance. I'm sure the attitude towards them would be the same if they were TR or NC. That said, with all the VS hatred, I could be very wrong...

I'm not taking sides, by the way. I will play no part in fuelling the flames.
  19. Flag

All in all, I'd rather have the current Miller VS leadership, including DIG than the *********** that is the Miller TR "command".
    And if you actually believe DIG commands all of VS (dig itself is a minority in the grand scheme of things) you're mistaken.

VS never had such a leader on Miller, wasn't a need for it.

You're spouting hyperbole, and you probably know it.
    While yes, DIG gets flamed by other VS from time to time, they're not the only ones we flame. And speaking as one of those "other VS players", getting "help" from DIG when we don't need it is annoying, getting drowned by NC and TR is equally awful.

It's not really a single entity, they do have several leaders who to various degrees tries to cooperate with the rest of the VS

It's a deserved insult to Miller TR and NC players who on one hand flame DIG, but on the other are equally prone to zerg things senseless given the chance.

Maybe I am a terrible person, I just oppose the idea that I'm the only one.
  20. Who Garou

I'm not on your Server, but I would start a cross NC/TR alliance to not fight one another if the VS has more than 25% percent of the Alert continent ... at least until the last 1/2 hour of the Alert ... and then agree to reunify in if they VS has more than 30% control.

There will still be cross fighting between some NC/TR due to the nature of the game, but if people agree in Command to work to adhere to this, then it would make a big difference.

Sounds impossible? Yes, almost as impossible as getting the same faction to work together toward a goal.