How to cert up the Anchor?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Mojo_man, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Mojo_man

I play a lot of NC Heavy Assault, and my main weapon of choice is the Anchor. I'd like opinions on the best attachments to get for it. Currently I've unlocked:

-1x Night-vision scope
    -1x Reflex Sight
    -Fore-grip

I was wondering if the soft-point ammo was worth it, and if I could use both Laser-sights and Fore-grip at the same time?(A major question for me, as both of them take a Rail slot)
  2. RobinTheRude

Can't use both the Laser Sight and the Foregrip at the same time.

I recommend using the Laser Sight and the low-magnification sight of your choice on the Anchor. Soft-Point ammo is optional, you can play around with it and see if it makes any difference for you.

Builds like the one I mentioned above are pretty much standard for low-capacity, high Rate of Fire, good hipfire accuracy weapons like the MSW-R, the Orion, and, of course, the Anchor. You can use them for medium range engagements just fine, but that wouldn't really be playing to the weapon's strengths.

As for barrel attachments, I would never recommend using a Silencer on an LMG, though a Flash Suppressor can be useful for night-fighting loadouts.
  3. CheeseThief

The anchor is a solid mid range weapon, because other than the first shot kick the gun has pretty much perfect accuracy for 8~ rounds. The flash supressor reduces the effective burst size of this weapon down from 12 to 9 because of the increased cone of fire, the gun has good first shot accuracy for long range combat and a high bullet velocity, both of which are invalidated by the soft point ammo and the silencer.

I run my Anchor with a 1x scope and the advanced laser sight, the barrel attachments and ammo types have way too many down sides for my liking.

As for the laser site vs the forward grip, I don't find the anchors recoil hard to control but I also very rarely fire from the hip. I do prefer how the character holds the gun with the laser sight though so I usually use it.
  4. Mojo_man

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll be playing around with several configurations now to see what I like best. :)
  5. X3Killjaeden

If you have the certs for the adv lasersight, then it's really usefull imo. But the normal lasersight alone isn't that convincing.
    I have a Silencer and Softpoint too, but use them exclusively for close combat of course. For medium range i always switch to the GD-22 (handles almost exactly the same, except lower first shot multipl but slightly lower rof and bullet speed) with forward grip and 2x sight - because i already had it before i got the anchor. I always switch based on the situation.
    I would definitely go for the adv laser for cqb. The Silencer and Softpoint i would only buy if you have certs to spare to get the maximum out of your gun in cqb.