[Suggestion] How to Balance the Factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBlade009, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TheBlade009

The forum is full of this is imbalanced that is imbalanced. this is op that is op. qq over here qq over there. I have an idea on how to fix all imbalance issues across the board with regard to faction weapons and vehicles that i think would improve game play.

My elaborate plan is to make all the factions have the exact same weapon/vehicle stats

Sure you can have different guns within the same class with different stats like fire rate and damage. but their counterparts amongst the other factions must also have the same stats.

It would put an end to all the buff/nerf/broken/underpowered BS

The Devs would be able to concentrate on world and base design

And im confidant the Meta would become more about the organized front line open warfare PS2 is supposed to be about and less about a glorified big team battle match of territories where we roll around capping stuff.

This is my suggestion. im open to other ideas or changes. this was simply the quickest and easiest method i could think of the fix all the issues with balance.
  2. Skurcey

I m not with you ... I dont want mirrored factions, i want better X weapons/Vehicle for a faction while not better in some others...
    You all whining about balance, you still dont have access to stats on the field... So let the workers work
  3. Sconna

If they made all the factions the exact same, it would take a lot of the charm away from the game. Imagine Blizzard deciding to turn all races into terran in Starcraft 2 all of a sudden. The latter is maybe a bad example since SC2 is a RTS and PS2 is a FPSMMO, but they share a 3-factionish difference which gives some variety in the game. And I'm sure that it wouldn't end all the whining in the forum, people would just find something else to whine about, since there's always something to whine about.

What makes you so confident that it would improve the meta? If I had to imagine the current game with mirrored factions I believe there would still be tons of zergs and numbers would still win. I believe a meta will appear when they've added the connected continents, additional continents and a better reason to capture the many hexdiagonals.
  4. Tasogie

nothing should ever be balanced. That needs to be in COD where it belongs. Diversity is paramount in any "good" FPS... or any game for that matter