How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Pax Empyrean

No, it doesn't. I run with a laser on my H-V45 exclusively. I'm pretty sure I would know. Test it yourself, idiot.

I didn't vote for him either time. He can go **** himself.

I play primarily on Indar. The TR has their territory walled off by geography, which means whenever I go on the offensive it's typically into NC territory. I prefer shooting you blue crybabies even though the TR weapons (snipers, in particular) aren't nearly as dangerous to my typically shields-down playstyle.

There's also the matter of server population when I'm playing, which is typically late at night and early morning. The NC has a huge population advantage during the hours that I'm active.

As I write this the NC outnumber the TR by two to one. My NC kills outnumber TR kills two to one. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?
  2. Lollerstakes

Exactly. Also, TR needs to have their bloom increased. I can take out a good 5 enemies with a default TR HA, yet I can't take out more than 2 as an upgraded NC HA (with the stock gauss).
  3. Rendezvous

Well, let's see if it makes sense for the laser sight benefit to still be in effect when turned off. SOE will fix this I'm pretty sure since it makes no sense for it to benefit the player when turned off. I'm sure this is bugged then.

Let's just say that in the next faction weapon balance patch, NC will get some sort of buff at least. I don't know what's up with you, but you need to go see a psychiatrist.

I'm not the only one bringing up this point that NC is unbalanced slightly. There have been players who are CS:S champions or very experienced players and they also say NC has a slight disadvantage. Do you think all "whiners" went to NC? No, they joined thinking everything's balanced, but it turns out there are problems.

Tell me the chances of all whiners going to the same faction. Even PS1 players say there are minor balance problems affecting the NC.

In the end, when NC gets a slight buff, you can talk to me.

And if you say the Trac-5 isn't one of the best guns out there and other TR guns can beat it, then you're basically saying that there are other TR guns that can outgun even better.
  4. Rendezvous

I do play the game, but I take a few minutes to check the forum.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=Rendezvous
  5. Pax Empyrean

This just shows that you're talking out of your *** instead of actually checking things like you claim to do.

And if they don't? You're the one who thinks they can see the future.

Yeah, there are a whole legion on whiners, crybabies, and assorted losers who are absolutely convinced that their weapons are to blame every time someone guns them down. The in-game stats do not support their position.

Oh wow, a vague appeal to authority. Great. I've been playing shooters since the inception of the genre, and I say that NC guns are fine. Out of all of the starting weapons, the Bolt Driver is the one that stands out most for being on par with the best unlockables.

They whine because other people are whining. It's not that there's anything different about the players who join each faction, necessarily, it's that they see the tardball rolling and hurry to chase after it.

The NC doesn't attract whiners, it converts normal people into whiners after they join. It's a bandwagon thing.

You're an idiot.

Yes, each faction gets two or more guns that are better than the TRAC-5. You think it's the best because you're stupid, not because it's actually a top tier gun. The weapon statistics confirm this, and since you're dumb enough to disregard statistics in favor of personal anecdotes, I can tell you that I have played a TR soldier to BR 25 using primarily an engineer, using the TRAC-5 until I upgraded to the Lynx. The Lynx is better.
  6. Rendezvous

Did I mention I tried out every attachment? You should've figured I didn't try all the attachments when I said I use trial weapons for testing on other factions. I never used the laser sight because people claim it's not worth it unless you want to be seen. And like I said, the laser sight being in effect when turned off is probably a bug like the grenade launcher not reloading and will be fixed.

Overall, I prefer the best attachments for NC guns, as they do need the best combo to perform with the TR weapons. I don't just buy random attachments for guns to waste certs because if most people prefer a certain combo and many say it works best, then I go for that. As for the laser sight, I've spoken to my outfit and they say it's likely SOE forgot to code the laser sight differently when not active like they did with the nade launcher not reloading.

Why is it that when there were TR whine threads, hardly anyone complained after? You think in NC, one person complains, the rest has to jump in? NC has more complainers because we do see balance problems with our weapons; perhaps not all, but we have the most weapons that need to be fixed.

Like I said, wait for the faction balance patch and we'll see which side stands true in the end.
  7. Pax Empyrean

This is just stupid. The laser sight works the same for all factions, so you should have it for the faction you actually play. Did you not even put it on the pistol, when the only alternative for that slot is a flashlight? Why do you possibly expect anyone to take you opinion as though it's worth anything when you clearly don't have a clue how this stuff works? Did it just never occur to you that when a weapon gets two levels of an attachment while every other weapon in that class only gets one level of that attachment, that maybe it might be a good idea to test it out and see how it goes, just to see what effect this special attachment has?

Of course none of this occurred to you, because you're stupid.

So your whole outfit was clueless as well? None of them figured out that you could turn the visible laser effect off without messing up the attachment's performance? It's not a "random attachment" when it's the only advanced attachment that gun gets. The guns were designed with rather specific roles in mind, and the available attachments reflect this. For longer ranged guns you get high velocity ammo, compensators and advanced foregrips. Short ranged guns get soft point ammo and advanced lasers. Take the freaking hint and upgrade appropriately for the role the weapon was intended for; what are you doing with a foregrip on a gun that was designed with maximum effectiveness at hipfire in mind? Are the naturally carbine-sized hipfire rets on the GR-22 Assault Rifle and the advanced laser attachment not giving you a hint as to what this weapon was for, or did your outfit buddies not figure that out either? How in the world did none of you realize that you could turn off the laser's visual effect and not have it affect performance? You don't even need to shoot it to see that the rets don't change size when you turn the visual effect off.

NC has the most whiners because of idiots like you constantly telling them that their weapons are underpowered, an idea which is reinforced every time they lose a fight and which has no basis in reality. See people complaining that they were dying to AA too easily now before the changes to AA went live and you'll have a better understanding of the entitled, whining player mindset. It's not based on reality, it's based on perception, and perception is molded by other people whining. The NC whine-machine has reached critical mass, and at this rate you'll keep churning out whiners until the stars burn out regardless of reality.

They patched weapons about a month ago, idiot. Before retail they changed a lot of things. You're acting like the current weapon balance is the result of some random cosmic happenstance that will be corrected as soon as they get a chance to look at it, which is stupid. The current weapon balance is the result of the latest balance changes in response to the aggregated weapon data that they had been collecting during the beta. What happens if they do another balance patch and don't change the weapons so that you like them? You'll throw a fit and leave? God willing.
  8. Rendezvous

Apparently anything other people say will not be accepted by you. They patched the weapons before launching, but that was during beta where a lot of players didn't play in. I personally got invited to the beta and played a bit of it but didn't get into it fully until release. And, yes, I have rarely seen NCs running around with laser sight attachments and people say the laser sight is only good for now until they patch it where it will not be beneficial when turned off.

Oh, and I just wasted 200 certs on advanced laser, it does pretty much the same as a foregrip. It only has about a 10% improvement over the foregrip and nothing else. Hip-firing, I get the same COF when bursting and so did crouching. Honestly, with or without attachments, it comes down to how the player handles the gun based on what attachments they have.

Like I said, for the fifth time, SOE will balance NC out most likely. I'm not the one who started whining about balance fyi. I actually didn't think NC was underpowered initially until I played all three factions and came up with better gameplay on TR. A majority of my outfit already discussed their experiences and why they think NC is currently UP. One of the major reasons addressed was the recoil you get when hit. Place a NC and a TR in a 1v1 at around medium range. Assuming the TR knows what he's doing, he will win because the NC player with the gun will have his aim thrown off from the TR bullets. Since TR will have less recoil when hit, he'll most likely win most of the time.

Are you trying to call an AP student stupid because you failed your classes in school too many times? Pretty sure you never even got accepted into NYU.

Oh, and one more thing, one of the devs openly came out and said that the faction balance isn't exactly where it's supposed to be yet, which gives a hint that something will be done about each faction's weapons.

Btw, my outfit leader and several of our officers are in the top 10 on our server's leaderboard. They have almost 20K kills and have been in PS2 since alpha. Since they have been saying NC does stand at a slight disadvantage right now, I don't see a reason why I should listen to you over them. Last I checked, my stats speak louder than yours. Afraid NC will come after your **** now and bring down your kill count after our patch? Please practice more and play with the guns more before you post about NC being fine when they aren't.
  9. Pax Empyrean

This is another logical failure on your part. There is a world of difference between the class of "other people" which includes everyone, and "idiots" which includes you. In fact, I would believe something you say, so long as it's not stupid. That's purely hypothetical at this point, on account of you not giving me the opportunity to demonstrate this.

Are you suggesting that they didn't have sufficient data to see how individual weapons performed? That's rather a big claim to make. The beta had fewer people and fewer servers. If anything, the beta didn't show how the server populations would ultimately reflect performance, and you could possibly make the case that massive battles weren't fully tested in the beta due to lower populations, but since you've explicitly made this whine-fest about how individual weapons perform (so as to dismiss arguments that the NC as a faction is doing fine), that excuse rather doesn't fly.

Are these more of your future-predicting friends? I thought they said the attachment wasn't good at all?

This is just straight up wrong. So you're either lying or incompetent. To begin with, the foregrip and the lasers affect completely different things. The foregrip affects horizontal recoil. This is relevant when aiming down the sights and mostly helps you stay on target when you are firing at ranges where horizontal recoil could throw your aim off to the side. Your hipfire rets are unaffected. The laser affects your hipfire rets. It has no effect when aiming down the sight. I just measured this myself and the default ret spread for carbines and the CQB assault rifles is 63 pixels across the interior edges at 1980 horizontal resolution. With the basic laser, this is decreased to 41 pixels (about 2/3), and with the advanced laser this is decreased to 31 pixels (about half). When measuring hipfire accuracy, the area of your cone of fire increases with the square of the radius. A one third reduction in ret spread results in a 50% smaller area where the bullet can go, effectively doubling the range at which your hipfire has the same performance. Reducing the ret spread by half, as the advanced laser does, doubles this value again meaning you can reliably hipfire at four times the distance that you could without a laser.

Saying that it was a "10% improvement over the foregrip and nothing else" is absurd. They affect completely different things, with the foregrip only taking effect while in ADS, and the laser only taking effect while hipfiring. Furthermore, saying that the laser isn't much of an improvement at all clearly shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. This is a consistent theme with you.

Nope, you're just perpetuating it. You, and whiners like you, are the problem. The guns themselves are fine.

Sounds like you found a faction whose guns suit your style of play, picked a different faction, and now whine about it. Do I need to explain yet again why anecdotal evidence isn't worth much?

I had assumed that NC outfits throw private pity-parties rather than just public ones on the forums, but thanks for confirming that. Finally, I get some actual new information out of you.

Bullet knock affects all weapons equally, regardless of their recoil stats. My shotgun has 8.75 times as much recoil as my assault rifle, and when I get hit it throws them off equally. If you actually tested anything instead of just making stuff up wholesale, you'd have been able to eyeball this one and reach the obvious conclusion. Your credibility is nil because you just make things up.

Heh. Academic performance in high school is a matter of priorities, not ability. Bragging about what college you got accepted into just pegs you as a child. Have fun at school, kiddo. Just remember that in the real world, if you say that you're not dumb because you did well in high school, adults will think it's quaint.

So the devs say the game isn't perfect two weeks after launch, and you assume that means they are going to change things in your favor, thereby justifying your ongoing whine-festival? This is comedy.

Vague appeals to authority. Perhaps you don't see the humor of someone in the top 10 on their server saying their guns are bad, but I do. More comedy! :)

This is why I didn't post my stats. They are not relevant, because the guy who rolls with a large outfit and camps on top of a building as a light assault to shoot people in the back is naturally going to have a higher K/D than someone who runs around the middle of the biggest firefights he can find with a healing tool out. What's funny is that I'm still killing people at a faster rate per time played than you are. I'm currently averaging 24.67 kills per hour and 7855 score per hour, which involves an awful lot of sitting around, as I typically leave my client running when posting on the forums. You are averaging 23.3 kills per hour and 5620 score per hour.

What your stats say is that you're somehow not getting as many kills as the guy who is running around with a healing tool primarily when the fighting gets fierce (you'll never get to a revive first if you have to switch your weapon out, and switching a weapon first means your buddy is on the ground for about twice as long), which is why my score per hour is 40% higher than yours despite me allowing my client to time out for inactivity on a regular basis. You're trying to get into a K/D measuring contest with someone who doesn't care about K/D, and who regularly runs out into enemy fire lanes without a weapon to keep the infantry ball rolling. The funny thing is that I still kill more people than you. I'm not trying to use player stats to support an argument about weapon balance because it's completely irrelevant, but if you want to get into a stat measuring contest the stats are pretty clear that I'm doing more to support my team and I'm killing more people than you are. Fewer deaths and fewer kills just means you're playing it safe, which makes no sense in this game.

Kill count is not my priority. I'm a Medic. My job is to pull my guys out of the dirt, not farm K/D as a Light Assault while other people present the easier targets. By the way, the guy who is dancing around enemy firelanes shooting green beams at downed soldiers is the #1 priority target for everyone who can see me, so it's a freaking miracle that my K/D is as good as it is. Farming K/D like a child looking for validation through epeen measuring is what Light Assault and Infiltrators are all about, but I recognize that this is a team game, so I support my team, even at the expense of my own death rate.
  10. Hastati

I'm sorry, but I am absolutely astounded that NC wants weapon buffs when they win 80% of face trades on my server - which is mandatory to capture points or really do anything of worth. If NC gets buffed, buff VS weapon damage slightly. In fact many of the VS weapons are useless - such as the LMG that fires "explosive" balls. Oh please. You can't snipe or get up close and trade. Fire rate is too slow.

Having no recoil doesn't matter unless they are all on the fields, sniping.

It all boils down to gameplay in the hot zones. And any NC that is crying needs to go play CS, learn to burst and come back and face roll despite getting initiated on from the back like always.
  11. KoNNa

I have lvl20 Character on all factions, So far NC was the easiest faction to play as infantry! Their Guns May not be accurate on longer ranges.. But that's not where infantry should be fighting anyways. NC guns do most dmg & recoil is Easy to Control thanks to Slow ROF
  12. Kuriby

What the hell are you smoking... please post your 3 "level 20" character names so I can verify your statement
  13. Toshogu

It's the players not the characters. Atleast on my server seems a vast majority of the NC are window lickers. NC was the first faction I joined and I deleted that character after two days of playing. The weapons were fine, it's the community that the NC attracts. disorganized, no sense of teamwork, won't even come and help to defend.

Unfortunatly you can't balance stupid.
  14. Pax Empyrean

If there is any difference in the player base that a faction attracts, I'd say that the "good guy rebel" faction is more likely to attract loners and children. I doubt it would be a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but if I had to stake a wager on what faction someone who doesn't care about team play would join, I'd say they're more likely to go NC than either of the others.
  15. CrossFire

ok this is it:
    TR guns

NC guns

VS guns
  16. Rabbitofdoom

That Deagle movie says all about NC first shot accuracy. It feels like my NC guy was some kind of amateur that never shot a gun in his life. Crouched aimed shot at standing still target from about 150m in to center mass misses about 30% of time. Army recruits right after basic training have better accuracy with AK-47 clone in such conditions.

With NC i would go with better first shot accuracy, slightly bigger mags and faster acc recovery. I am not a pro FPS player but on TR in combat usualy i have enough bullets after first kill to kill another person. On NC i will have to swap to side arm on about half of their health. TR/VS weapons have enough ROF to make person shoting NC gun aiming at their chest to fire above their heads considering players will always aim at chest,head area they can neutralize enemy completly by shoting first. At this point our only saving grace in CQB are MAX.

And yes as a general rule i would say NC teamwork sux i can stand in spawn whole day in my MAX at sliver of hp and not even one person thinks about swaping to enginer for 30s.
  17. Banick

I think you just need to adjust your playstyle OP.

Our weapons have high damage but a lot of recoil. Try to limit your shots according to distance. Long range is a single shot or two, mid range is a burst and close is spray. I've tried VS, TR and NC. VS need a nerf for their ROF and minimal recoil, unless they reduce the damage. TR have the advantage of constant spray and accuracy, but their damage is not the best.

Don't forget, you can dump some certs into a foregrip stage 1 and 2 to reduce the recoil, and also a compensator. 100 a piece.

Also, regardless of faction, anyone who gets the jump on you and starts hitting you first, will win a fight 9 times out of 10.
  18. Garrix

Outside of short range, its fun to get two bursts into a TR heavy, have him turn on his shield, spin around, and drop you at full auto at 100m.
  19. Rabbitofdoom

True but if we both fire at about same time usualy vs TR/VS HVY while aiming at upper torso its hit, hit, headshot or hit, hs,hs then bullets start to fly above him. Result is dead NC with them having about 20-50% hp left depending if they had time to pop the shield.This scenario is like good 25% of my deaths in CQB. Judging by how many kills that require from me to hit once twice after they just killed someone else its a very common scenario in CQB vs NC.
  20. Phyr

1 headshot from the NC can turn that into the NC's favor. The SAW starts at 200 damage while the CARV and Orion start at 143.