How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Meiu

Isn't there ingame keybindings for ingame screenshots instead of having to print screen? If that doesn't work you guys can use the ingame snipping tools to make a quick vid of your stats. Either way, I think this is two people who intended to strongarm the other, in a position that they back down under common ground as to not make each other look silly. If you posted your data and he didn't it would just show how he is wrong, I would personally jump at such a chance to completely destroy someones argument with a single vid/pic on the forums regardless of who instituted the "I said it first" rule.
  2. Pax Empyrean

What next, you want to check my prostate? F*ck off. I deleted my NC character to reuse the name.

You're trying to gauge the validity of an argument with an epeen contest. You're stupid.
  3. Rendezvous

I posted my stats in the first 5 pages. He probably didn't look at it. And yes, you can take pictures without a blank screen if you go to windowed mode and then hit prtscrn.
  4. Rendezvous

So why are you arguing when you have no minimum evidence to back your arguments up? I save everything in case I need it one day. An argument made by a person isn't valid until the person is proven to know what he/she is talking about. Because anyone can just read and copy from other people.

Why did I post this thread? Because I've tried out most, if not all the weapons which took me a while with all the trials that I had to wait for. And here you are saying that NC is fine the way they are even though you claimed that you main shotguns and the magrider and making arguments made from a piece of paper.
  5. Pax Empyrean

Nonsense. I don't care what his stats look like, because it's just as irrelevant as what my stats look like. Gauge an argument on its own merits, not the size of the epeen of the person making the argument.

Posting player stats does not constitute evidence.
  6. Telamon

just switch to vanu/tr, its significantly better
    plus as a result they will probably buff NC so then u can go back and all your SC wont be a waste
  7. Rendezvous

Stats don't show everything, but it shows how well you perform overall. That's what I'm looking for and depending on that, it will show a brief clue as to if you have any idea what you're spitting out of your mouth.
    Why are you afraid to even show a little bit of your stats?
  8. Pax Empyrean

It's pretty clear you have no idea what "valid" means. An argument is valid if the conclusion must be true if its premises are true. The person making an argument has absolutely no bearing on the validity of an argument. An argument can even be valid and still be completely wrong if the premises aren't true. I'm sure this is just blowing your feeble little mind, since you've apparently conflated validity of arguments with credibility of the arguer, which is a special kind of stupid.

You know what else is stupid? Thinking you're getting an accurate idea of what the weapons are like while testing them without scopes or attachments, which is what you have to do when you trial a weapon. No foregrips, no lasers, no compensators, just the gun and its iron sights... and you think this is a reasonable approximation of weapon performance, particularly in the case of weapons that would benefit most from reduced vertical and horizontal recoil, or semi-auto fire at long range? Super.

Your methodology sucks.

It. Is. Not. Relevant.
  9. Rendezvous

I have a TR and VS that I play on for testing weapons via trial.
    I play on NC most not because of the weapons, but because my outfit is NC in the server and I can't deal with pubs who have no coordination.
  10. Telamon

join new outfit/convince them to change sides
  11. Rendezvous

If you pull up stats from weapons in game, that doesn't mean they're better just because it shows it has higher damage or whatever on the screen, it may perform differently in game. I would rather see how you perform yourself instead of seeing you call people out which you have to nearly 5 people on this thread already. As for trial weapons, without any attachments, I still find them to be effective. They may only change the gun's performance by 10-15% unless it's an underbarrel attachment.

That's the same for this balance topic. Just because the paper shows it is balanced overall, doesn't mean it will be in game when used by players. And that's why I tested weapons out and not just use papers to back myself up. In all honesty, experiences are stronger evidence than stats put on paper.
  12. Rendezvous

DVS has been NC since PS1.
  13. Pax Empyrean

The in-game displayed stats are bogus. I do not use, and have never used, in-game displayed stats as the basis of my arguments.

You're comparing weapons with iron sights and no attachments. NC weapons have high recoil and many of them are superior at ranges where semi-auto fire is most effective. You are without scopes or any stabilizing attachments, and thus cannot possibly compare them using in-game experience with trial weapons.
  14. Rendezvous

The stats are bogus? It's not like it's bugged out like it is on the leaderboard. The stats are fine for the players themselves to see.

And you think longer range weapons can win the fights? Most of the time, fights occur at medium range where TR guns still dominate at assuming the player knows what he/she is doing. At range, players can just run behind cover before the NC player can kill them unless it's an open field which most fights don't occur at since there's nothing to capture there. And the higher the magnification on the scopes, the harder it is to fire with. Sights don't matter much, it's just an extra. As long as you can see the target, shoot it.
    This is why you need in-game experience and not just stats off a paper, because just because a group of weapons are better in a certain situation, doesn't mean that situation occurs often.
  15. MasterD

Just increase damage slightly like you suggested 2-5% our TTK is off when compared to TR and VS on most weapons. That's a number that should be even or very freaking close at 0m not off how it is now.

Shaking screen happens to everyone that's fine. Reload speed is fine. Ammo count is fine. We are suppose to have the worst recoil its not suppose to be easy to shoot our guns but the time it takes everyone to kill at 0m should be the same and it isn't.

Everyone who has played all empires extensively know that the stock T9 Carv and Orion are leaps and bounds better than the stock guass saw. The guass saw only starts to match up with them with upgrades and once they upgrade its out done again and that's just not FAIR. The only weapons we have that are on par with TTK seem to be the EM6 and the GD-22S (only if your up someones butthole) and we have to buy those. We don't start with them. In the sake of fairness infantry weapons should have similar and even TTK.

A slight damage boost to align our TTK with the other empires on specific weapons is the only solution that won't affect the attributes of the guns which seem fine. (Learn to shoot and aim you can't spam our guns)
  16. Rendezvous

About the last statement "Learn to shoot and aim you can't spam our guns", I'm pretty sure a person who played FPS games for about 6 years knows how to handle virtual guns.
  17. Pax Empyrean

Your best close range options are as good as those of the other factions, and your MAX is better than that of other factions up close. Not that it matters, since the point I'm making is that you're running without scopes or attachments to compare weapon performance, which is not how anybody except for the newest players uses weapons.

Bad methodology produces meaningless results. You've wasted your time.
  18. alecholman

Played as NC: did fine.
    Looked at many of the servers/continents I play on: Many controlled by NC

You think your outfit is the best in using tactics and gameplay? ********. I think you along with all these other kids who aren't as good as they think they should be just whine until SOE is forced to do something, which results in a useless patch.

Learn to play the game, NC does fine. They're pretty evenly matched with most other factions infantry. Yes, I hate using the Gauss SAW but I got used to it, then I bought a different weapon. AND NC is getting a weapon with "high accuracy and good for long range". So really. It's not that factions, it's the players, and if you're whining, then it's you.

Do us a favour and stop posting these useless threads.
  19. VoidMagic

I don't know on Matherson not even the Enclave can stop the NC... /shrug
    Last night they simultaneous almost locked all three continents..
    It's obvious thou given the level of tears you'll get your buffs...
    That seems to be how this works.

/cheers!
  20. Rendezvous

I don't see a difference in performance with or without scopes and attachments. Neither do some of the people I've talked to.
    NC's GD-7F is good, but it takes up most of the clip to kill person and the reload time isn't the best to compensate for its ammo count. The Trac-5 is great in CQC and has 10 more rounds than our GD-7F which is practically the only weapon comparable.