How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Pax Empyrean

2. Wibin

I get wasted by NC and TR every time I go up against anyone higher BR than me due to damage differences. 4 or 5 shots and I'm dead from either factions weapons while my purchased rifle, while not the best, takes a whole clip to kill.

Dont wanna hear the ********.
  3. Wibin

I'll be honest. I didn't much care for the shotgun for VS when I tried it out last night.

I can see it being a good weapon, but my low 5-10 fps battles where I'd use it really hindered my ability to aim it as well.
  4. Rendezvous

Now you're saying learn to forum? Why? Because you can't figure a way to back up your arguments other than saying the same statements over and over again?

I am on the forums, so technically I am "forum'ing". Is there a way you think "forum'ing" should be because you say so?

A forum is just a community board where people discuss topics. So how can you tell someone who's on the forum to "learn to forum"?
  5. Meiu

You know there is currently a website up with the compiled stats of everyone that currently plays. All you two have to do is post the name of your NC and TR alts and then I can pull up that information to see who is lying.
  6. Meiu

You know there is currently a website up with the compiled stats of everyone that currently plays. All you two have to do is post the name of your NC and TR alts and then I can pull up that information to see who is lying.
  7. Rendezvous

He might post another player's name on the leaderboard and claim it's him. I want a screenshot from him.
  8. Pax Empyrean

Slugs make a world of difference, and you need to kill your target quickly because using a semi-automatic weapon with incredibly high ret bloom per shot is highly unforgiving. Low framerate or lag will screw you up and get you killed in a hurry. Likewise, if they start shooting first you're going to have a hard time lining up your shots, and the hipfire is worthless outside of about five feet. It's not an easy weapon to use, but it's very powerful and has a high skill ceiling, which appeals to me.

Re: Rendezvous, I'm curious as to exactly how you're going to divine which part of the player profile statistics comes from long range semi-auto LMG use. I don't do this as much with the VS because it's horribly ineffective with their weapons. Your methodology must be incredible; if you can look at aggregated data like that and magically intuit its myriad components from which you may draw conclusions. You'd make a fortune as an economist, at least you could, if your assumptions about your own ability to interpret aggregated data weren't utter BS.
  9. Rendezvous

How many times do I have to say this? Post your stats and show how well you perform. If you don't want to go too deep, then post your overall stats since you want to make the same arguments over and over.
  10. Pax Empyrean

Maybe you missed the part where you screwed up quoting. Read your post again, stupid.

Smashing your face on the keys doesn't make you a pianist. Not ****ing up the quote system is pretty basic stuff.

I'm implying that you lack competence. Attendance and competence are not the same thing, so your "But I'm heeeere" defense is not convincing.
  11. Odin

Love how no one responds to the EM1 example because its so blatantly obvious the devs messed up.
    Just one of you trolls please answer why a NC weapon with identical stats in every way, recoil, bloom, bullet damage has 18% less damage then the carv, go ahead answer it :)
  12. Rendezvous

And how did I mess up the quote system? I'm looking at your post again and it just says "Learn to forum" and nothing else.
    So what is forum'ing to you? Are you going to make laws so that people have to forum a certain way?
    Would you like to tell me what your occupation is since you like to argue so much btw?

Oh, and if you're talking about me messing up the quote system a few posts back, that's the system's fault, because I just hit "Reply" and type under the last line.
  13. Pax Empyrean

Go **** yourself. My stats are irrelevant to the arguments I've made, because my stats are anecdotal evidence at best. I manage a better than average kill/death ratio without accounting for my vehicle kills while defaulting to the healing tool in large firefights and averaging between 20-40 FPS, depending. This isn't about whether I'm competent or not.
  14. Wibin

Oh my, Children. =\
  15. Pax Empyrean

Identical stats in every way? The EM1 reloads in 3.585 seconds compared to 5.4 seconds for the CARV, and the EM1 has 0.35 vertical recoil compared to 0.4 for the CARV. The bloom is the same, whether hipfiring or ADS, but you're essentially trading rate of fire for better recoil and reloading performance. They aren't the same.
  16. Rendezvous

So if you have never experienced it in the game, why are you posting it off a paper you read off?
  17. KastianJJ

This is the math for guns right
    TR/Orion 750 RPM = 12 rounds per second, while you only need 7 to hit 12-7= 5 so five of those shots aren't needed 7/12 so 0.583 to kill someone and 0.083 for each shot missed after the first to get the TTK
    NC MG 500 RPM = 8 rounds per second while you only need 5 to hit so 8-5= 3 of those shots aren't needed it will reach the 5th shot once it has fired 5/8's of it's total time to kill is about 0.625 + 0.125 for each shot missed
    VANU AR/C 698 RPM = 11 rounds per second while you only need 7 to hit 11-7= 4 of those sharts aren't needed aren't need so TTK is about 0.636 seconds+0.091 for each shot missed

Right now I actually see NC and Vanu mostly balanced with starting guns
    NC LMG and Vanu AR and Carbine are pretty much a tad lack luster bastle they both do around lowish 1500 DPS while the TR does mediumish 1700 DPS
    TR weapons in general, and the orion are mostly the same stat wise, having barely any recoil without any upgraded to almost none with it so right now as i've noticed High ROF guns since most batles you will deal with the best and matter is up close and person around the 0-30M range

Pretty much what needs a buff is to hit the 1600 damage range with the Basic NC Weapons
    Vanu Assault rifle
    Vanu carbine
    NC LMG

and nerf
    All RoF guns by 100-400 DPS
    NC and the New Vanu gun have 2kdps, due to having 146 damage and rof of 850 which means 14 bullets in a second 7 to kill, 2044 dps
    So pretty much right here is the problem these 2k dps guns are better due to High ROF, great control, and lastly but not least same bullets to kill as a orion
    if these bullets did 120 damage instead of the 143 they would have 1.680DPS matching most the lower ROF guns, in DPS but you still get punished less for missing shots

The Terran pistol, deals as much damage as the NC LMG/Vanu Carbine and Vanu AR, nerf it down to 1000-1150 dps like the NC and vanu pistols

Most of Nc's guns hit around 1500-1600 DPS, but two guns break the dps charts to 1.8k 1.9k and 2k
    GR-22 with 800RPM with143 damage does, 1.9k (AR)
    Reaper DMR with 555RPM with 200 damage does, 1.8k (AR)
    the godking GD7F 845RPM with 143 damage does, 2k (Carbine)

The problem right now is everyone has a quick ROF LMG thats good...
    EM1 143 damage 645 RPM... wait a second but 143 damage is usually 700-850 RPM... NURP they put it in the 167 damage output ROF 600 ish

I feel like 1500 DPs are pretty much worthless
    about 1600-1700 DPS is what hte game should be about
    1800+ DPS guns kill way to quickly as they have no problem dealing with life upgraded people by shaving off a milisecond if they picked that up
  18. Pax Empyrean

Excuse me, when did I say I've never experienced anything in the game? I used a Gauss SAW in semi-auto plenty in the beta, and occasionally with my first character in retail. That was far from what I typically did, however, so I don't see how you're going to figure out what part of the aggregated data is attributable to the effectiveness of one particular weapon in one particular role. Why don't you explain your methodology for me, because I'm actually curious as to how you're going to pull off this magic trick.
  19. serenekaos

IMHO they should reduce screen shake and COF increase from it by at least 50%
  20. Rendezvous

I don't care about single weapon stats for players. That's the point of this thread. It's about NC weapons overall needing a slight buff. That's why I asked you to show your overall stats for each faction. And if you can, as I mentioned, video tape yourself playing at your best with your best weapons.