How the hell did Ravens escape the nerf hammer?!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, May 30, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

Holy god there is no way anyone can convince me THIS is balanced:

[IMG]Look from which distance that guy is bombing me.
    It's not a rendering issue: that dud is rendering, just zoom the picture and see.

Nerf Ravens' range for the sake of god. If the problem is NC lack a decent AV weapon then buff the Phoenix, but NERF THAT **** TO THE GROUND.
  2. FieldMarshall

Laser accuracy, damage, fast reload, long range.

AV mana turret on a MAX.
    Seems balanced to me.
  3. Pikachu

Because people considered them fine for half a year before it got popular to complain about them so the devs figure it's just some random BS trend to think ravens are overpowered.
    • Up x 3
  4. axiom537

Because for the cost it actually doesn't kill all that many vehicles. It is actually the other AV Maxes that need buffed...The Vortex scores slightly lower then the Ravens so it needs a very slight buff and the Fractures need a bigger buff, so that they are brought up to the Ravens, which only average 9 vehicle Kills/Hour and 16 over all kills an hour...

To put this in context....
    450 Nanites = AV Max (Ravens) = 9 Vehicle Kills/Hour + 7 infantry Kills/Hour = 16 Total Kills/hour
    350 Nanites = AP Lightening = 13 vehicle Kills/Hour + 10 Infantry kills/Hour = 23 Total Kills/hour (user can also hop out to avoid death and/or self repair)
    • Up x 4
  5. xthezerohunter

AV Mana Turrets hit harder, travel faster, don't require "ammo", are more accessible due to them costing less DBC and certs, and no one complains about them. It's either because people are smart enough to go "Oh, I got hit by an AV Turret, maybe I should find a different way in" or "Oh, maybe I should find a way to kill that person without them killing me." Also nerf calls are against forum rules, don't make threads blatantly calling for such. If you word differently maybe you can get a good discussion.
    • Up x 2
  6. Vixxing

Yah right... but MANA turrets got 30% of Raven DPS and cant move...
    • Up x 2
  7. Avendorz

The range of Raven sometimes is crazy, true. And since you can move and shoot @ the same time, it's pretty hard to hit that max. AV turret? One shot, one death. End of story.
  8. T0x1s

I cant believe that people here are comparing AV turret to the Raven. EVERY FACTION got the AV turret. The problem is that VS and especially TR AV Max suck horse ****. Also the AV turret can not move and got like 30% DPS of the Raven.

Ignorant ********.

Same with Banshee, PPA. However both of these got nerfed to hell.
    • Up x 2
  9. HadesR

Range should be 300m, but then again so should Vortexs and Lancers, but I'm not holding my breath for their reduction.
    Bigger concern to me is how MAXs of all factions fail to render at even short ranges like 200m at times.
    • Up x 2
  10. Leftconsin

They are OP compared to Fractures, but that is because Fractures were over-nerfed and are now useless.
    • Up x 4
  11. Shatters

IMO, I think that falcons / fractures are a good baseline of what max AV SHOULD be. Ravens (and other max AV) should be nerfed down to that level, because currently they are far too good at AV from range.
  12. BIllyGG

It's that the Fractures suck and they should be put in line of the Ravens and the Comet

The Ravens/Comets don't need a nerf. The Fractures need a buff.
    • Up x 1
  13. BIllyGG

It's too keep in line of all the tank spam and it's a good balance
  14. ExarRazor

#screeeeeeeeee
    #ravensarebalanced

i yell this every single time i blow up a vehicle, or kill infantry with the ravens
  15. Cinnamon

I thought that they were grade A BS when they were released but whatever. I don't really care any more about this stuff since I don't really tank and mostly play NC anyway. Anything that clear away the never ending horde of farming magriders I turn a blind eye to.
  16. Liewec123

lets be real here, they kinda are OP they kill vehicles faster than most other MAX AV and the accuracy is extreme,
    i say this as someone who mains NC and has spent 182 hours as max (20 hours each on VS/TR with 142 on NC)

imho they should alter the rate of fire or reload time to better balance them out,
    for the extreme accuracy i would expect them to do less damage than the competition,
    but ironically Fractures which are hilariously innacurate at long range (due to your character wobbling all over the place when you fire) deal less damage than ravens.

also a little off topic,
    i pulled Falcons afew nights ago and i'm almost certain they have had their ammo nerfed from 40+ down to 24...
    (in the same way pounder was nerfed from 71 to 44) so expect to see a lot more people forced into buying ravens!
    • Up x 2
  17. Scr1nRusher

Want to know why they don't nerf Out of render distance infantry AV's Range?

Infantryside = $$$$
    • Up x 1
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

and don't forget giant smoke tracers, .. and it cost 1000 certs now. now everyone will use Ravens because its only 2000 certs while Vanguard shield only will cost you 1800 without AP cannon.
    • Up x 1
  19. RykerStruvian

Decrease the turn speed on Raven's projectiles.

problem solved.
  20. Haquim

How they escaped the nerfhammer?

My theory is that after half a dozen Raven MAXes annihilated every vehicle in sight those MAXes will be busy trying to kill infantery at 250m and managing about 1 kill per 100 shots.
    Those 5 minutes of owning everything in sight followed by 30 minutes of basically standing around uselessly leads to rather average stats that are not warranting a nerf.
    My theory.
    • Up x 2