How many players have considered attempting a pacifist run?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EnsignPistol, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Stormsinger

I did this last night, parked a repair sundy in a good position for an entire alert. At random, I checked the scoreboard midway... ~1200 certs, and triple the score of the next guy, all with 0 kills. All I did was repair, re-arm, sensor dart, res grenade spam, and triage healing from inside my sundy.

This style of gameplay is actually quite a bit more profitable then any other playstyle i've seen short of prenerf HE prowler infantry farming.

I hit all of the above caps in minutes when participating in the largest fights. What I have not seen a cap on yet, however, is scout radar exp. Park a scout flash with stealth in a building near a ginormous fight, and watch the certs flood in. :p
  2. Flashtirade

If you count galaxy rams as hugs, you could easily do this.
    • Up x 1
  3. KnightCole

Pacifist Role, so no, shooting or any aggressive action would not be allowed in that role....mines, suppressive fire, wounding? assistant gunner? nope...

You would be Med bot, rez bot, ammo bot, repair bot and infil spotting tool bot. or maybe a stalker cloak to sit on a point...
  4. Serialkillerwhale

Step 1: Sunderer
    Step 2: Get to the best spawn position first
    Step 3: Deploy
    Step 4: BR100
  5. Ownasaurusrex

Lol, then my meta game will be to find these individual and stand in front of their Vehicle, or somehow cause them a teamkill.

Hahahahahhahahahaha
  6. NC_agent00kevin

LOL @ your signature :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Ronin Oni

or have any passengers and suicide, which happens with every vehicle :p
  8. MorganM

Closest I came was running some outfit ops where we all went stalker cloak and capped bases without shooting. Someone would inevitably uncloak and kill now and then but for the most part we were pacifist. It was interesting for a while.... after about 30 minutes it devolved into waiting for some poor schmuck to come to the control point and we'ld all jump out and shoot him.
  9. Lamat

You would have to also not drive vehicles because you might accidently hit someone. I think it would be nearly impossible and some game glitch could still make you kill someone.

Plus, if you are supporting soldiers who do kill, you're not really a pacifist anyways. May as well try to beat the game with only diplomacy?
  10. Lamat

Wouldn't that pizz you off if an enemy runs in while you out of ammo, "shoot that guy"
    "I can't!"
    "What?!"
    "I'm roleplaying a pacifist"
  11. Scudmungus

I fully plan on doing a pacifist run.

After I do my 'Only walking backwards and turning left' run.

And not before I complete my 'jump crouch spin spin jump crouch jump' run.
    • Up x 2
  12. DatVanuMan

Portrays Planetside Perfectly, right?
  13. cruczi

It can't be a pacifist run if you're part of a military organization... you're still a soldier, and your actions are still benefiting the war effort. Even if you don't kill anybody, it's not pacifism - a pacifist rejects all forms of warfare.
  14. Zeppelin123

I plan to do a triage run.
  15. Wecomeinpeace

I tried this over a year ago, made a char named "Flowerpickinghippie", got to br20ish and then ran over some goddamn invisible enemy infiltrator with my sunderer. :[

I'm telling you, getting to br100 without accidently killing an enemy (or team-mate) is probably impossible. But tell us how far you get. ^^
  16. NoctD

I'd rather try to do a fire no weapons to BR100, just roadkills/rams all the way.

And one can certainly do a BR100 engineer no kills, but you'll get bored out of your mind in the process.
  17. Lamat

Yeah just protest the war at the warpgate wearing as plain looking clothing as possible.
  18. Zoner

I started one character called SupportMeister but I deviated from the pacifist only strategy slightly: I only kill people with knives.

0.5 KDR with knives and it was still improving as I got better at it, before I took a break.

If anyone attempts this kind of gameplay don't forget toss all your hand grenades when you make your character or you might accidentally kill someone.
  19. Verviedi

I made a char to do the challenge. His name is IrsainDNH.

The rules I'm using are:
    •No intentional killing of any kind other than knife kills.
    •I must do whatever I can to support my team.
    •I may not roadkill enemies or friendlies.
    •I have 3 "oops" kills until I must delete the character.
  20. DFDelta

I do that all the time in Dungeons and Dragons and Realms of Arkania.
    Also annoys all my minmaxing friends, which I consider a bonus.

Friendship and sarcasm, my two greatest loves in tabletop roleplaying games.