How many engineers does it take...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilsooty, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Evilsooty

To stop a Sunderer exploding from after being hit in the rear by a deployed Prowler with maxed out Anchor who lands every shot for a minute?

Because that's what happened when I was shooting a Sundy last night from about 150 meters that was being constantly repaired. I eventually died to their AV turrets, but they must have had at least 4 engineers repairing that. Nothing has withstood such a mighty onslaught from my Prowler before so I'm quite impressed!
  2. Evilsooty

And this was with AP shells (no secondary gunner).
  3. Prudentia

more than it takes to pull a lib and Tankbuster a deployed Prowler....o_O:rolleyes:
  4. Evilsooty

Haha, bane of my life. As soon as I hear it hitting me I barely have enough time to bale out before my lovely Prowler is nothing but flaming rubble.
    • Up x 1
  5. Arkenbrien

Like if you thought the title ended with 'to screw in a light bulb'.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elrobochanco

Unsure if you knew or not with how it's worded, but with blockade armor the rear is the strongest part of the sundy. This would potentially already be doing the least damage possible (if it had blockade).

But to answer the question, maybe 2-4 engineers depending on tool rank. And if they know about resupply-ing to heat dump.
    • Up x 1
  7. Alarox

Sunderer rear armor w/ blockage is the strongest thing in the game. It takes less shots to kill a Galaxy.

Two Engineers can completely outrepair Titan-150 AP + Enforcer, so I imagine it would only take two to completely outrepair an anchored Prowler.
  8. Evilsooty

Ah - that would explain it then. I'm so used to being able to destroy pretty much anything in Anchor mode that it's suprising when something survives that many hits:)
  9. FishMcCool

Amerish Engineers or Esamir Engineers?
    • Up x 1
  10. Evilsooty

Indar engineers :)
  11. Corporate Thug

Repairing by the terminal = infinite repairs, not many do it though thankfully ;)
  12. Evilsooty

First I've heard about it. Thanks - I shall look into it more!
  13. Huxer

All the engineers on Indar have their own vehicles, sorry.