How many ammopacks are legit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RF404, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RF404

Before the patch I was able to place two ammopacks if I had one in the Utility slot (the other one came from using alt-fire on the ACE tool).

After the patch the ACE tool is able to place as many ammopacks as I have cert ranks into the ammopack, so when I have rank 6 on the ammopack I can place 6 of them with ACE tool. I can still only deploy one from the Utility slot ammopack, but if I do it will despawn one of the ammopacks placed from the ACE tool.

This obviously is a bug since it renders the Utility slot ammopack obsolete (why would someone equip it as Utility item if it won't make you able to deploy more ammopacks than you already can with the regular ACE tool?).

So now I am getting a little bit worried. Since it obviously is a bug it is bound to get fixed soon(?), but when it does; will there be a headhunt for people that were abusing the bug? I was able to deploy 2 before the patch so will I be safe if I restrict myself to only deploying that or should I avoid deploying from the turret altogether?

The current situation is that I don't dare to play the engineers at all any longer. One of my main source of XP was previously from resupplying the frontline with two ammopacks, but now I don't dare to place more than one in fear of that the devs will see me as an abuser if I do.

So can someone of you CSR people calm my nerves and clear this thing out? Is it Ok if I place all 6 ammopacks from the ACE tool, or should I restrict myself to only placing 2 or should I completely avoid deploying them from the ACE tool?

If someone is curious about how the bug works it goes like this;
    Equip the turret (default key: 4).
    Press Alt-fire mode (default key: B)
    Press Left mouse button to deploy an ammopack.
    Press Alt-fire mode again (default key: B)
    Press Left mouse button to deploy another ammopack.
    Keep repeating for as many times as you have cert ranks in ammopacks.

The first deployed ammopack will have the highest cert rank, and each following one will be one cert rank lower than the previous one.

Note that there is still a bug that makes you unable to deploy more than one ammopack of each rank, regardless of whether it comes from the Utility slot or the ACE tool.
    I call this a bug because it was present before the patch and only affected players who had cert rank 3 in the ammopack.

Before the patch the ACE tool ammopack was always considered to be rank 3, so people who had rank 3 in ammopacks were the only engineers that weren't able to deploy ammopacks from the ACE tool and the Utility slot at the same time. After the patch this means that the Utility slot ammopack will despawn the first of the ACE tool ammopacks (since that ACE ammopack is considered to be of the same rank).

tl;dr:
    I have 6 ranks in the ammopack. This means I now can place 6 of them from the ACE tool. If I equip an ammopack in the Utility slot it won't make me able to deploy 7 ammopacks, it will instead only despawn the first ammopack I placed from the ACE tool.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ruggle

Seems like you were allready using a bug before the patch since there should only be 1 Ammopack at a time and you only cert up the time it stays on the floor and not to be able to place more than "one" at the same time.
  3. RF404

Well, that may be debatable, but from my understanding (based on discussion in previous threads on the forum) is that devs confirmed this to be an intended function.

Why would you otherwise be able to equip an ammopack in the utility slot if you already can place one with the ACE tool? Or why would they make the ACE tool able to deploy an ammopack if they didn't intend on letting you place more than one when you have an ammopack in the Utility slot?
    • Up x 1
  4. Artifex78

Hm.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer (Ammunition Package Level and Costs)
  5. Iksniljiksul

One. They intend it to be one, until otherwise notified. It was supposed to be "fixed" so that ACE tool packs are exactly the same as your ammo pack cert level and exactly the same pack, instead of always being a level 3 pack. Which makes carrying the ammo pack obsolete, since they wanted to only have one pack down. They need to work on this a it.
    • Up x 2
  6. RF404

Exactly! It is an intended function to deploy both a turret and an ammopack from the ACE tool, so why would they also make you able to equip an ammopack in the Utility slot if that didn't allow you to deploy more than one at the same time?
    • Up x 1
  7. Ruggle

Seriously, did you even read what is written there? nowhere is written you are able to place 2 Ammopacks.
    Alternativ Firemode with ACE is more like a bug and shouldn´t be able to place an additional ammopack..... thats the reason why you have an equipable ammopack for the utility-slot.
    You have to choose between "support = ammopack" or "offence/defence = mines/c4"
  8. RF404

Ok, then please explain to me why they would be developing that function instead of fixing it?
    From latest patch notes:
    • Ace Tool ammo packs should now be properly affected by Ammo Pack certs.
    So if we can agree on that the Alternative Firemode for the ACE isn't a bug, will you then be ready to agree with that the Utility slot ammopack is obsolete if it didn't allow you to place the ACE and the Utility ammopacks at the same time?
    • Up x 1
  9. Kozmyk

also(conjunctive, focus) In addition; besides; as well; further; too.
  10. BenYeeHua

Yup, remember if you out of ammo, you can always hold "Q" and call the engineer to give you ammo?:)
  11. RF404

It might still be a little too early for me, but I fail to see what point you're trying to make.
  12. Cristari

He's being a failed grammar ****.
  13. RF404

No, I think he might be trying to show that it is an intended function to be able to deploy an extra ammopack from the ACE tool. Unfortunately it falls short though, since "also" in that context is referring to "in addition to deploying a turret" and not "in addition to the other ammopack".
  14. HowToAim

Wow, this thread has blown my mind. I didn't know about the ace tools multi-purpose aspect!
    • Up x 1
  15. Absoluth

Remove ammo packs from ace tool. Problem solved.
  16. Acceleratio

I guess you will get banned for abusing that glitch sorry SOE have absolutely NO mercy when it comes to abusers...
    Jokes aside, What the hell is your problem? Its not gamebreaking your not abusing a glitch to kill people or to get invulnerable. You just use it to get some extra xp... Be sad when its over and they finaly fix it ( not that there are like 1000 other things they should fix first that is) I dont see why this should be such a "risky" thing.
    By your logic its also "abusing" that you get repairpoints for repairing your own vehicle. You shoudl totaly wait for another engineer to reapir it so he gets the points you know o.-
  17. RF404

Yes, that could be a possible solution, but that discussion that should probably be held in another thread.
    The topic in here is to find out if anyone will get banned for using the ACE tool to deploy ammopacks since it currently is glitched (unless 6 ammopacks are a new intended function) and trying to bring attention to the bug which makes you unable to deploy a Utility ammopack and an ACE ammopack of the same rank without them despawning each other.

That is an invalid comparison. Repairing my own vehicle isn't abusing a glitch but placing 6 ammopacks is (unless someone can confirm that it is an intended change).

The difference between abusing a glitch and using a function that isn't a glitch is that the former may lead to a ban while the latter won't. That is why I want a TSR member to clarify whether it is a glitch or intended function before I continue using the ACE tool.
  18. Meccros

I have rank 4 and can only deploy 1 ammo pack, whenever I place one down it removes the previous one and doesn't matter if it comes from the ace tool or the ammo pack itself

will be upgrading to lvl 5 later today and will report back if i can then place multiple with that level
  19. BenYeeHua

And also remove the "Q" function to call the engineer to give them ammo.
    As they has a bigger change not holding the ammo, but a C4.:p
  20. BenYeeHua

lol
    I just upgrade it to Level max today and loss 800+ cert on it.
    But I am happy to giving more people ammo.:)