How long is the Jackhammer chamber time?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Coliax, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Coliax

Jackhammer's burst mode can be quite lethal, until you fight against a adrenalin/nanoweave Heavy. If you do so you need 4 rounds to kill the target instead of 3. My question now is, what makes more sence. A secound jackhammer (via ASP) to skip the reload once, or a magscater to finish off Heavys with one shot.
    For that i need to know how long the camber time after each burst is. (Magscatter has a equip time of 250 ms so chamber time need to be higher to justify using it)

Does anybody know the chamber time on Jackhammer burst? thx in advance
  2. JustGotSuspended

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/NC05_Jackhammer

says there's a split second chamber time (0.5s), knowing the devs laziness I wouldn't be surprised if its a round number like that.

I don't really understand your question though. If it's to finish something off, the pistol will obviously be better because it equips faster. The jackhammer doesn't have the delay at the start of the burst, but will take longer to switch to. It's more of a "here's a choke point, I'll switch to jackhammer" than a backup to finish stuff off.

If it's to finish stuff off, pistols generally have faster ttk, and much better swap times. If you want a shotgun with a bit more range than the mag-scatter as a secondary, go for the jackhammer ASP. It's extremely helpful if you know when to swap to it, but try not to rely on it like to would a pistol. It's a primary secondary, not a sidearm secondary.

I know you're NC, but I would try not to limit myself to shotguns. A really solid secondary is the NS pilot. It will kill stuff in 1 burst if all 3 shots land on the head. The underboss and commissioner depending on the ttk/range you want are also solid secondaries. Best way to deal with a heavy is like any other infantry class in the game: aim for the head. Shotguns are never going to be as reliable as headshots because they are based on randomness. Don't get me wrong, shotguns are still massively powerful in CQC, and a secondary jackhammer isn't something to laugh at- if you know how to use it.

I personally would go with a solid gauss saw/anchor primary and pilot secondary for a versatile, go-to loadout. Trade the pistol for the jackhammer in situations where you know you have enough cover and reason to justify switching to the jackhammer and back.
  3. netBattler

If you don't mind looking at JSON formatted text, you can look through the official data API to find your numbers.