How long does it take?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joeski, Nov 5, 2014.

1. joeski

RevelationY.

Been caught red-handed but is still playing 3 days later and doing the same thing.
    Tonight he was appearing from nowhere, dropping C4, dissapearing through the floor then triggering it.
    This is the kind of thing that really spoils peoples enjoyment of the game, which is probably what he gets off on.
    Justicias video proves it, as do many many reports, surely it would only take a dev 2 minutes to get in game and watch him before hitting him with the ban stick?
    • Up x 2
  2. Utrooperx

You must be mistaken...there are no cheaters in PS2...SOE's anti-cheat measures are the best in the industry...what you are seeing is obviously lag/latency/glitch/etc...

/sarcasm off

In before the denialists start declaring its been forever since they saw a cheater, etc...
    • Up x 2
  3. Hatesphere

you are oh so witty condensing the argument into a straw man when the real argument is they are not as common as some people seem to think (cheaters) no one denies they exist,

To OP, report his *** with the video in a support ticket, or continue to do nothing like the guy I just quoted.
  4. CEGrif

naming and shaming aint allowed here
    • Up x 1
  5. Alarox

6. drstrange2014

The denial is there for a few reasons. One is that some are genuinely concerned about the possibility of false accusations and that is entirely understandable. Another is that some are not that good and want to identify with those who they perceive (wrongly) as being that good. Then there are those who simply go with the loud voices who try to bully into silence others that complain about this very real issue. Just look at these forums and Reddit for repeated examples of that. Yet another brand of denial is on the part of those who are cheating themselves. The facts though, as anyone who is not oblivious can confirm for themselves, is that cheating is now rife in this game. Anyone who doubts this, by all means go on Emerald and look for FiredQAEmployee (his other alt was deleted), blatantly aimbotting and yet, even after repeated complaints and reports, nothing has been done. Then there are the lag switchers from China and to some extent Japan who log on to Connery every morning, instead of their own server, so that they have an unfair advantage. You can even watch them streaming, complete with their 'connection quality is bad' warning on screen and see them lagging all over the place. Other games manage just fine to do something about laggers, SOE prefers to simply ignore the problem and is now doing the same thing with the multitude of cheaters that are now in the game.

If SOE doesn't fix this soon, the game will be all but unplayable and they are already losing players because of this and the long standing issues with hitreg, lack of real customer support (threatening those who report cheaters is the latest tactic by the way), broken game mechanics and continual bugs. As to reporting these cheats with video evidence, SOE support refuse to accept video evidence so there is no effective means anymore, since they stopped actively policing the game with GM's, to ensure that cheating does not proliferate. Smedley too is turning a blind eye, even after several players have repeatedly tweated him about what is going on, with evidence. Since these are often paying members with high BR who have been outed, a blind eye is being turned in SOE's desperate attempt to hold on to paying members and it's short sightedness in not realizing that the game is fast developing a reputation as hacker's heaven. It's about time that this matter was taken out of SOE's hands. Naming and shaming should be carried out with these scumbags on YouTube and elsewhere if not here.
  7. BobSanders123

When I read the title I thought it was going to be an ESF with burster guns.
  8. Yuki10

Uh, i though there would be something new and interesting in this thread. PS2 cheats and aimbots are plentiful for anyone willing to use them.
  9. Imperial Sect

He's not cheating....it's lag bro or at least that is what they all say.
    • Up x 1
  10. Imperial Sect

I've always had a problem with that. **** them, they are cheaters and should be called out on it, this whole lets protect their name bs is just that..bs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hatesphere

no one in their right mind says cheaters do not exist... they just arent as prevalent as some people would like you to believe. keep swinging at that straw man. you could report them an move on, or keep thinking anyone who gets the leg up on you is a hacker, your choice.
  12. Hatesphere

what happens when you get good enough that people start shaming you?
  13. Imperial Sect

I think you took my comment completely wrong. I said that because the 2 or 3 people I have actually seen warping around in the sky shooting people, have all claimed it just lag when called out on it.
  14. Imperial Sect

If I ain't cheating, there's no shame. I've been hackusated a couple times already (not sure why I kinda suck) but I laugh at it cause I got nothing to hide.
  15. FateJH

It's mostly there because we have to read melodrama whenever the one that falls through the cracks has broken the camels' back.
    If you want cheating to be a huge issue, you have to make it as rampant as you believe you see it. Without that, you're going to get people like me, who encounter it one or two times to never, report it, then don't see it again for a long time if never, thinking you're being delusional for seeing it everywhere, and that it doesn't get handled sooner or later. And for subjecting us to your melodrama.
  16. drstrange2014

Then you're oblivious and ignorant and your opinion is irrelevant. Thank you for confirming that. As for melodrama, Sony corporate are looking for a reason to shut down SOE after having to write off $60 million for their failures last year. So if you think that a game getting a reputation for cheats is no big deal, when they are already losing a mass of players month after month and even their own parent corporation are tired of the mismanagement, then you are even more ignorant then you present yourself to be. By the way, if you were genuinely concerned about melodrama, you wouldn't even have commented. But of course with those like you it's nothing to do with your whining about melodrama at all, you contribute to the culture of bullying around the cheating by trying to drown out those with legitimate concerns, completely missing the fact that these threads are the most read and commented on on the forums and elsewhere and are a perfectly justifiable concern to those who have sunk good money into a game that is now being overrun by cheaters. You are transparent, as are those like you.

Perhaps though the real reasons are that you are on a poor system, have issues with lag and aren't aware of how latency works and that you really do need to get good son. You see how that works? Well it doesn't anymore as people have had enough of the bs excuses and want something to be done. Seriously though, you do need to get good.
  17. FateJH

You've yet to prove your opinion is relevant the same.
    Oh, I'm sorry I lumped myself into the wrong group. I like melodrama. It's fun to partake in.

All the same, you need to convince a larger group of people that the problem is gross, systemic, and that there is no addressal in any sort of way. You're not describing the frustration of a single cheater, and I'm confident just short of everyone here might be able to relate some tale that happened to them once or more, even I could, but an active epidemic. I am not being oblivious and I am telling you what I encounter while playing. You can get a large group of player together and ask them whether they've encountered any cheaters today, and all the answers from "yes" through "maybe" to "no;" if you ask them if it is important, then the only answer should be it is. Your problem is that you have to convince them that somehow it is not being addressed on such a scale that it may as well never be getting addressed.
    I've read this comment and the few sentences leading up to it a few times and I am still not entirely certain what you're getting at.
    I will readily admit my computer isn't top-notch. No matter how decent the statistics in my signature could look - originally, I used that to highlight how a worse system, my previous one, could still play this game - someone will probably call them out as outdated. I pay no mind. No matter how the statistics look, someone will call me a scrub. I pay no mind. In so many ways, it's not worth getting upset over that sort of petty banter.

However, tell you what, you actually want to convince someone of anything? If the problem really is as bad as you claim it is, you need to start a long-term documenting log of some kind. These threads crop up, and vanish, and repeat. Build a more definitive papertrail. I don't care if you use outdated LiveJournal entries or take other players on a tourist-like on a sightseeing tour through the dark underbelly of server population. Since you've called out Connery, you can enlist me to assist, if you wish, but I need an introduction to this rampancy. I'll create an alt and shadow you an evening while you point out every ne'er-do-well. If this problem is as bad as you say, it needs to be addressed, but then a larger picture than just one hacker video every so often needs to be on display.
  18. drstrange2014

In fact that is already in hand. Thanks partly to what I do offline I am in a position to confirm some who are cheating and am actively doing that. You might be surprised at how many who use aimbots also for example use software for DDOS attacks, botnets and other software which absolutely crosses the line from cheating in a game to things that are far more serious, and that is where they come into my territory so to speak, so as a personal side project, I take an interest in them because I cannot abide cheats or the criminal mentality in general. If they are using other software which means they can be taken care of officially great. If not then we do it our own way. As for Connery, I can certainly put you in touch with one of our group who is a tech journalist, as well as a player, and who is investigating it on that server and in the game in general. It isn't though a question of having to convince anyone. The game is getting a bad reputation, the new player experience for this and other reasons is nearly overwhelmingly negative and the abysmal player retention reflects that. Not to mention that Sony corporate would only be too glad to break SOE up as a going concern thanks to the ineptitude of how it has been managed. They are none too happy about having to write off $60 million in the last year alone thanks to that mismanagement.

The onus now then isn't on anyone to convince the majority that it is happening but to counter the clear perception that it is and that it's not being dealt with. When was the last time you saw a GM in game? When was an obvious and blatant cheat such as Nivx banned? In fact if you investigated just that guy alone, you'd find him on several hacking sites going back over years and he is not alone. Now most won't have the resources or access that some of us do to do that and can't subpoena companies or whatever in order to get such information and so on, but I'm sure even a pretty simple google search by the average person will provide them with that sort of information. Many don't speak up because they are cowed into silence by the nonsense about lag, get good and all the rest of it but many have had enough and since the game is important to us, we are doing something about it.
  19. Klypto

If it's any help, I was contacted ingame by one earlier this year and had to give a demonstration & explanation on how I could possibly do something I did because paranoid "hackers everywhere" people were spamming /reports on me.

False reports get you flagged for crying wolf on their system, and I hope their spam reports fall on deaf ears so others don't have to do the same.

Wow really, when I fought him, I didn't find him to have god-like skills. He's exceptionally good, but nothing made me think "hacker". A little laggy perhaps, but that's understandable knowing who he is and where he is playing from :p

In fact, he's in my outfit.
  20. drstrange2014

Months ago that may well have been so but SOE don't really have ingame GM's anymore. They were fired along with a lot of other staff. And yes Klypto, I know you do not cheat. If though, as you state, those that make a report and it turns out to be erroneous are then routinely ignored, that's a pretty serious thing to claim, since it means that essentially SOE's report system is useless and purely cosmetic. Do you have any confirmation from SOE that they are deliberately ignoring ingame reports because some have proven to be in error?