How is my set up? I need advice.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MORR1S, Jan 21, 2016.

1. MORR1S

I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to a better pc. I've had this computer for about 5 years now and recently the stuttering has gotten worse. Last summer I had everything at medium with shadows enabled with no stuttering (except in 98/98 battles). However, after coming coming back to this game a few months ago the game is stuttering even at the lowest settings possible. Playing 48/48 battles is making the game almost unplayable.The weird part that I'm confused about is that the fps never goes below 40 and is usual at 60 even while the game is stuttering. The gpu and cpu is always highlighted as well. Also, if it helps at all I've been hearing clicking sounds through my headset almost every minute now. Whenever I hear this sound commonly the stuttering gets worse in the game. Clicking sound can be heard without any programs active.

Here's my setup (ask me for anymore information if I didn't provide enough info):

Manufacturer: Dell
    Model: XP 8500
    Rating: 5.9 [Your windows experience index needs to be refreshed]
    Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3.10 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating system
  2. AsylumVS

Here is a typical story of the player in planetside 2. Developers should fix the problems appeared with the latest patch, not the players. Why do players have to seek a solution to the problems that are created by developers.After each patch all the time something breaks down. The following patch can fix crashes but break something else)
  3. XxCaZaDoRxX

You can have the most powerful pc but the result will give the ta stutter like the developers do not mistake our pc
  4. Pfundi

Hi! Dont listen to the idiots above me. Those guys... Well...
    First, validate your game files via the launcher. And update all drivers (visit the manufacturers homepage). Then report back.
    Regarding Hardware advice I would need your Graphics Card and your drive.
  5. Nalothisal

In regards to his comment I would suggest that you download a program called CPU-Z to get the best info on your system: http://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html
    • Up x 1
  6. MORR1S

Thanks for the info ill try this soon.
  7. MORR1S