How does lowering my resolution not improve FPS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Orpheus66, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

For some reason I have having a serious FPS issue. Today during a fight i was getting 30FPS that dipped into the lower 20's all the time, so i changed my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 and my FPS was exactly the same.

I run the game on the lowest possible settings with render detail down to 75.

I am running with,

AMD Phenom 2 965 @ 4.0Ghz
    NVidia 670 @ 680 speeds

Is there a reason lowering my resolution doesn't improve my FPS???
  2. cd5696

Try turning UP settings, the game can actually run better with increased graphical settings because more load is placed on the GPU rather than the CPU. Try putting everything up to high, except shadows, leave those on low/off.
  3. XRIST0

You get fps lag because you are cpu bound ..

Changing resolution will have no impact in this game .
    • Up x 1
  4. Artifex78

Try 1360x768 (shadows and physx off).
  5. Cheap_Shot

phenoms 2 are well horrible at this game, well not horrible but the fx8350 performs a ton better (i was shocked when i built a computer for a friend and tried it out on this game) gained 35%or more fps so your dipping into the 20s(as well i was on my 980) im never hitting below mid 30s.

Also change your graphics to medium/high drop shadow/motion blur/render distance and if you are playing through steam... DON'T that's all i can advise you on.
  6. KaiserSouse

I'm running a lesser processor and an nvidia _450_ and I can run 1920x1080 w/ stuff on medium. I think you nerfed yourself too much.
  7. TheAppl3

As XRIST0 stated, your issue is that you're not being held back by your video card. It's your processor and changing your resolution isn't going to help that.
  8. Alexlightning7

your CPU bound. with that card, crank all settings and resolution to max except shadows and render distance at 1400.