How do you store key bindings for two users?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hiding in VR, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hiding in VR

Hi All,

My son occasionally uses my PC for a bit of Planetside 2 and unfortunately he uses entirely different key bindings to myself. Is there a way to store and restore the key bindings for individual users?

I thought it would be as easy as copying the InputProfile_User.xml file, which seems to contain all the key settings. But when I copy the file into the Planetside 2 game directory and start the launcher, it gets immediately overwritten.

Is there a way to do this?

cheers
  2. S7rudL

I have tried it and it doesn't overwrite the settings.

Try to duplicate the whole PS2 directory and create another shortcut, this way you and your son will be able to change more settings separately.

The only downside is that one of you will have to manually enter the username/password each time. SOEs launcher for storing and managing multiple users with autologin does not work well.

If stuck or autologin not working,
    Delete the whole LaunchPad.libs folder and Sony Online Entertainment folder,

E:\MyGames\PlanetSide 2 PSG-Livetest\LaunchPad.libs
    E:\MyGames\Users\S7rudL\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment

Run the game as usual, login, accept agreement.

Something gets stuck in one of the the,
    E:\MyGames\Users\S7rudL\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment

Deleting those files also helps if your stuck on updating and similar launcher problems.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hiding in VR

Thank you my friend, that worked a treat. A 12.8G treat, but a treat nether the less.

Also, because my son's account is Pro7 while mine is SOE, it would appear that it remembers the passwords fine.

cheers!
  4. Hiding in VR

Actually I spoke too soon :(

I copied the planetside 2 directory to make a new version for my son AND renamed the original version so it wasn't using the same directory. Both games work and both are starting in their own directory BUT it seems now my son's game just overwrites my set up, which is extremely annoying and I have no idea why.

I guess the game must be writing some config data either to the registry or the Windows 7 user area. Either way, I have no idea why my son's version overwrites mine each time *waves fist*
  5. S7rudL

Are you using Steam?
  6. Hiding in VR

No. Just downloaded from SOE
  7. Sliced

Have you tried downloading a new version and installing it from scratch on a new manual location?
    C:/programs/planetside2/Dads
    C:/programs/planetside2/Sons
  8. Hiding in VR

I haven't, but I think that is what I will try next.
  9. Hiding in VR

Still getting the same behaviour with two installations :(

The Planetside 2 installer recognises that I have two installations as well, so I am not sure what's going on. Perhaps it insists on having separate Windows accounts?
  10. Redshift

SOE can't even give you the option to store different empire colour settings on different characters... i doubt they'd ever consider multiple user per computer :p