How do you land a Scythe?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jamuro, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jamuro

Seriously ... i tried the scythe recently ... last of the esfs i didn't play around with and so far i rather enjoy it.

But for the love of god ... how do i stop it going all bouncy castle on me when landing?
    A ridicolous amount of my scythe deaths is due to the thing just doing a backflip once i land and exit.
  2. CorporationUSA

If you press analog throttle to stop, you need to press another key to make it land. I use throttle down.

As for the rolling, you just do it very carefully. Be as level as possible and wait a few seconds before getting out. I've had them flip even then, but it happens far less often that way.
  3. The Rogue Wolf

"Who needs landing skids?" you said. "Our hover technology is perfect," you said. "Only unenlightened fools need landing gear," you said. WELL WHO'S UNENLIGHTENED NOW

But seriously, remember that vehicles like to "remember" your last movement key input given as (or just before) you exit the vehicle, so make sure you don't touch any key related to movement for a couple of seconds before you get out of the Scythe.
    • Up x 2
  4. Armcross

Jump before you land but low enough to not take any fall damage.
  5. Jamuro

hmm i think i figured it out ... from the other 2 esfs i am kinda used to hit the descend button on a landing when exiting ... simply because their upwards thrusters otherwise can screw it up ... but the scythe seems to not absorb that momentum like the others (i quess the lack of landing gear does that) and just bounces.

Still it's a bit ****.
  6. CorporationUSA

lolwut? That's the best way to flip a scythe.
  7. Carl1879

I generally land in a glorious ball of flame while swearing vigourously.
    • Up x 2
  8. Imp C Bravo

Well to land a scythe you have to be suave, say clever things in her ear, and compliment her fins...but not in a creepy way.
    • Up x 2
  9. Liewec123

usually like this...
    [IMG]
    :D
    • Up x 2
  10. GhostAvatar

Only peasants land.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lord_Avatar

You don't land a Scythe. Scythe pilots are hardwired into the fighter - quadruple amputees every single one of them (have you seen the cockpit?). They remain airborne until shot down; admittedly though rumor has it many choose to end their miserable lives using the infamous "suicide by tree" method.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

To land you just put your left leg in, your left out, in out, in out, then shake it all about

You do the hokey cokey and you go nose down and activate afterburner