How do you feel about the sensor darts on crossbow?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Feb 13, 2014.

1. treeHamster

No resto/medkit, you should throw on C4 that way you can easily kill Sundies and MBT's.

But yes, the HA is becoming the "does everything you can do and just slightly less well and does other stuff you can't do" class.
    • Up x 2
  2. WyrdHarper

Maaybe. The RL+ammo would work pretty well for taking those out, though. But as long as you keep your shields up that bio lab regen should help a bit, too.
  3. Kanil

But the other classes already can jump. That infringes on LA territory about as much as this recon dart infringes on infil territory.

It'll be useful in a few situations, but it's hardly amazing, and definitely doesn't obsolete the infil dart -- you won't be blanketing an entire base with these things using just a single guy and an ammo pack...
  4. Rohxer

I think my infiltrator should get a new tool to replace his recon tool, that lets him choose between a mini-jetpack or a mini-heal tool or a mini-repair tool or a mini-I-win-shield. My medic's tool should at least double as a mini-repair tool, and my engineer's tool vice-versa. And my HA would really love a jetpack - just a small one though. It would only make sense in this new gaming paradigm of let everyone do everything.

Seriously, it's whacked.
  5. ncDieseL

I'm tempted to buy it just for the sensor bolts. That would basically make my engineer load out the most versatile class in the game.

Lay down an ammo pack, pull out sensor bolts, spam like crazy for recon. At the same time, I could be repairing something, or blowing up tanks with my AV turret, or laying down AI mines or C4 to blow up infantry and MAXes, etc. etc.
  6. Moisture

Like I said in the other thread. They might do something really cool and infiltrator like with the recon drone thing they pushed back.
    Hope it not lost!
  7. Bape

Glad everyone agrees that it should only be for infiltrators.
    • Up x 1
  8. Rift23

Why would someone get a piddly motion dart instead of a gun that hurts Maxes and armor?

Also, why is this thing a secondary?
  9. EMP1RE

Bad idea. It's a nerf to infiltrators and takes away a unique ability from them...
  10. FlamingSquirrel

I agree completely, and I don't play Infiltrator much. If they made it Inf/LA only, that might be acceptable as those are the 'scout/infiltration' classes - but all classes is just ridiculous. Couple this with the fact that the scout drone is likely to be available to everyone too, when it was originally considered as Inf only, and I can see why Infiltrators would be pissed off at this.
  11. SpruceMoose

crossbow was a dumb idea paired with a dumb design

I hate it
  12. Littleman

This. When I go infil, I mostly do so for the darts, which means only tower battles or smaller skirmishes... or when I'm the ONLY infiltrator dropping darts (all too damn often.)

This is a necessary tool as long as 19/20 infiltrators don't even bother to drop a dart at their own feet to protect their own ***** while sniping, let alone "being of use to a team." Pretty sure SOE has those metrics. The number of recon darts fired and support points gained was probably so beyond abysmally low they decided it was better for everyone to have the chance at having these darts than to let a mostly unused utility go to waste.

By the way, as a medic I'm totally in favor of healing darts. Good luck sticking yourself with on of those though. The crossbow is in a spot where it can make for a great utility tool in exchange for an actual sidearm. It's practically a grenade launcher as far as I'm concerned, and I've been asking for one of those for my medic for a long time. Can't say I'm disappointed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gammit

Jump is not what I said. Nor did I say it made the infil dart obsolete. Let the other classes fly for the same number of seconds this new dart works and see how things turn out.
  14. Flashtirade

I would be okay with these if they reduced the sensing range and only let it send out one or two pulses.

For me, though, the best way to implement these would make them have class-specific ammos that cost resources and then reducing their cost in certs so that they're not about paying for new abilities. THAT would make them something more than just novelty weapons like the flare and snow guns.
  15. ScrapyardBob

• Dart ammo should only be available to Infiltrators.
    • Explosive ammo should only be available to Heavy Assaults
    • Ammo counts on both need to be nerfed a good bit.
  16. Crazy Space Robot

Simple, just remove the recon dart bolt option for any non infil class.
    • Up x 1
  17. AdmiralArcher

the average player doesnt cert into their recon device
  18. Kanil

I really don't think you'd get too much use out of a 1/3rd power, 1/5th duration jumpjet. It wouldn't be enough to scale... anything, really.

It would have some utility as a parachute, but that's going to be an implant soon anyway...
  19. Hoki

Anyone know if recon xbow makes you show up on the minimap when you fire it?

Cause the recon tool makes you show up on the minimap when you fire it.
  20. Revanmug

The funny thing is that the crossbows recon darts is a much more enjoyable tool to use that the slow and clumsy RDD.