How do you earn certs if you suck?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weylin, Nov 28, 2012.

1. DeadlyShoe

LA is way more situational. You can rack up way more kills as LA in biolabs and certain facilities than you can as HA, simply because you're shooting from the roofs and have high mobility. The only real counter to LA in some areas is other LA.
  2. Pashgan

1 repped turret = 1 minute = 1 cert (with 50% booster). Some bases have more than 30 turrets. Repair cert output per hour is much better than I'm getting for shooting people left and right with Lasher during tech plant defenses.

Also A2G missiles.
  3. iller

No point in playing an MMOFPS if you never get to actually shoot anyone and WIN.

I mained Medic in TF2 but I always managed to kill lots of people when not building ubers.
    Lots, and lots, and lots of people.... I would have uninstalled the game years ago if healing was all it let me do.
  4. Orbital_Butt

There are really a lot of things you can do in this game to earn certs. Unfortunately, people tend to notice them less than they notice john q. killstreak.

However, these unsung Video War Game Heroes are damn invaluable to maintaining a successful offense or defense, and like everyone before me to whom I'm not adding a damn thing have said, you can net a tidy sum of certs doing the work all the people with spastic nerves and the attention span of your average Internet Person disdain in favor of RAAH GOTTA KILL ME SOME DUDES WHO RESPAWN NEARLY IMMEDIATELY

Also, there are people who notice when you do the stuff that needs doing. The repairs, maintenance, healing, etc, I honestly can't thank my engineers and medics and so on enough.

Being able to do all that while occasionally shooting some gork in the domepiece makes it all the more satisfying .
  5. SouthernGoods

From my experience when you are fighting alone with out a group of friends or a outfit you tend to do sub-par... Now if you team up with a few people who you know will watch your back you do a little better. So i guess my recommendation would to be play with friends, join a gaming community, or join a squad that says MICS ONLY......
  6. Mansen

Slower - But consider a support role and stick it with for long enough to put some certs in it. Medics are always good to have once they learn not to run headless into fire to revive people.

Protip: All of the 1 Cert upgrades for classes and vehicles. Get them!
  7. Orbital_Butt

Be an engie. Fix my tank. Not their tanks, MY tanks. I will give you all the certifications you can handle. I'll Cert you so hard you won't walk straight for a week and every time you fart your sphincter will whistle "The Bridge on the River Kwai"
  8. Salaman

If you like flying ESF, one thing you can do if your team is on a roll is watch the map and look for bases that are being capped (if you mouse over a territory, it'll show the capture progress bar if it's contested). You can fly in to a base that's about to be capped and get the capture bonus, then bring up the map, look for the next base, and fly to that and so on. Easy XP for doing nothing but fly around.
  9. Orbital_Butt

Fix my tank or I will shoot medical waste at you
  10. DevilHunter

I play OK, I can't go in big battles because of the optimization :(.
    I gain only about 20 an hour :(.