How do you deal with heavies?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by tornflags, Jul 14, 2015.

1. travbrad

And now how it actually works for most players: :p

-Infiltrator: Sit there cloaked waiting for teammates to die then leeching the kills, also never use recon darts to help your teammates
    -Combat medic: Run head first into enemies and die horribly, and when teammates die run away from their bodies instead of reviving
    -Engineer: "This guy is asking me for ammo, I wonder what that means"
    -LA: Instead of flanking just fly straight through the air at them like superman. Faster than a speeding bullet!
    -Heavy: Hit F and win.
    • Up x 1
  2. davesignal

Shank the heavy in the back with your gen 2 knife in OHKO mode before he can turn on his shield. Problem solved.
  3. AngusPrime

I chuck my trusty emp grenades at them then engage with whatever.
  4. TheOpapanax

Shoot em' in da faaacceeeee....
  5. nehylen

Depends on the circumstances, but at closer ranges i'm a fan of good hipfiring options, which allow you to make most heavies miss a lot of shots while landing yours, provided you're in the appropriate hipfiring range for your gun and moving too fast for them to keep their ads crosshair on you properly.
    For an infiltrator SMGs will fall into that category (especially ALS on gen2 SMG), but a LS-equiped scout rifle may work too.

Outside of infiltrators i've also actually sometimes switched to my sidearm intentionally in CQC to stand a slightly better chance. For instance a compensator-equiped SABR is pretty bad at hipfiring, where some good Repeater handling might do the trick.

SMG heavies will beat you at this game everytime though. Specifically, Cyclone heavy is one of the most ridiculous things infantry-wise. Thankfully they remain relatively rare.
  6. Ximaster

On my stalker infiltrator i usually avoid HAs in close quarters,in most cases i loose. But this is not gonna happen more with the blackhand pistol,i usually take distance and shoot HAs in medium to long distance and i win. But still i need 4 body shoots to kill one.
  7. SW0V

Wait, so, do you disagree with what I said or not? You say you don't like my argument, but then you proceed to make exactly the same point I made.

ie. If you're not a heavy, don't try to muscle your way into a position. Infil and LA should be using stealth and misdirection to their advantage and not putting themselves in the front-line.
    • Up x 1
  8. CuteBeaver

Infils have 100 less hp, guns with smaller mags, and by design infils should be trying to flank or ambush. You said:

Which isn't in my mind correct at all. Since there is no "front line infantry" class. We share the front line with multiple classes. I dislike this argument because its like pissing on the ground saying "I own this spot" meanwhile there are other people with you living and thriving in the exact same front line ecosystem who are not playing HA at all. You have a distinct advantage in 1v1's but that can be nulified with an EMP's or one good shot to the head.
  9. CuteBeaver

I guess ultimately what your saying is that mathematically you should loose straight up 1v1 against a HA. I can understand that perspective, without tactics being used against a heavy his shield nets him an hp gain. By default the HA should be the player who doesn't fear taking the initiative and peaking out to take a shots at an enemy max. <insert a laundry list of things the shield gives advantage for here>.

I think I have a problem with the word "Front Line" being used because its really vague and many classes fight on the front lines. I think our definition of front line is different.
  10. FeralBoy

Q: How do you deal with heavies?

A: Give'em the ole Pee Wee Herman movie house trick: shoot the guy in front of you in the back of the head.
  11. Moonheart

Probably. And we are probably also meant to make people too afraid to camp anywhere for a long time.

Staying still anywhere for more than a few second in this game is just asking us to for a good headshot or backstab... we are the bane of turret engineers and of the guy who thinks he's almighty because he found a little spot with a good cover to spread bullets on everyone around.

I sometimes think that is C4 fairies exists, it is to produce exactly the same fear on vehicle drivers.

Do not stay still. Move move move... or die.

It makes the game more dynamic this way, after all.
  12. FeralBoy

Please show me the definition that spelled that out lol. That is the exact polar opposite of balance and lacks any foresight or individuality. I detest when people expect balance in any game with multiple classes. If every class and archetype were balanced there would be no need for classes or archetypes whatsoever. Unless you like a game where every class and archetype stands in a circle and hits each other over the head with a mallet and nobody loses or wins. Because it's all balanced. Ughh....

It's not that hard to kill heavies, plenty of previous posters have laid out rock solid proven technique to turn the "unbalanced" and fun in your favor.

This is an Infiltrator forum. Shoot that HA mouth breather in the back of the head. Shoot everybody in the back of the head.

P.S. If you can't shoot them in the back of the head shoot them somewhere else in the head. Headshots my friend.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Shoot them in the head like any other infantry class.
  14. SW0V

My definition of front-line is any area within a 10-15m radius of a position that is taking enemy fire.