How do we improve Aerial Anomalies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 17, 2018.

1. adamts01

True. I just think moving anomalies closer to the ground defeats the purpose of aerial anomalies in the first place.
  2. Skraggz

Yes but the suggestion is to bring AA into what is suppose to be an aerial combat zone. This would kill the event, DBG makes air free during the event and people still rather sit back and spray large CoF weapons with explosive radius rounds instead of taking the time and learning to fly. Path of least resistance...
    • Up x 1
  3. Blam320

Considering the air game is an incredible pain to get into, what with wonky physics and the reverse-maneuver exploit, I don't blame people who want to see air crash and burn.
  4. adamts01

At the same time, many of us love air in PS2 despite its obvious faults. This is just a sliver of time where those players get a little bit of what they've always wanted. And what's the loss if a faction doesn't compete? 2 basic implants. 50 ISO. It's not unreasonable to give air a little playground for 30 minutes every 5 hours.
  5. frozen north

I do know of what you speak. I think one possible way to do it would be to attribute bonus personal XP towards shooting down air within the bubble while flying ( perhaps you earn a certain amount when one aircraft is in the bubble, and double that bonus when both are in the bubble).

That at least makes the opposing aircraft more appetizing to try and shoot down, and makes it more appetizing to commit aircraft to clearing the anomaly, rather then AA.

I also think anomalies could maybe stand to be bigger horizontally. Not by much ( at most, a 50% radius increase in horizontal size). That helps give a bit of maneuvering room while remaining within the anomaly.
    • Up x 1
  6. AEROCHAOSS

I agree with increasing the size of anomalies. As it is right now, inside is the zerg with three coyotes and you're outside gonna be dead soon.
    I think what could be easily done is a scoring point on the event scores you iso. Being in the servers fraction who just gives a **** on events get no iso so this is something you really want to have. So this maybe makes players interested into the event.
    The idea of refunding air costs while dieing in the bubble is Ok, but add another ring where no points are available but the refund, this way you get your vehicle back even when you don't die in the bubble of torger.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ziggurat8

Make the anomaly a painfield that also disrupts repairs. No more camping out inside. You'd need coordination with Rep gals or autorepair outside of the field. While inside the field you rack up research points the same as you do now but you're taking damage. Would make engaging the occupying force more interesting for enemy's and make it a bit more hectic for the occupying force.

Do I stay in the field for more points and risk getting shot down? Do I play defense on the outside of the field?
    • Up x 1