How do I gain certs reasonably fast?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cozert, Feb 26, 2013.

1. NeverWas

Step 1: enroll TR
    Step 2: spawn a vanilla prowler
    Step 3: faceroll your mouse
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: CERTS !
  2. Raap

One last tip I forgot to mention: If you have interest in picking up a vehicle based playstyle, playing as Light Assault + Engineer isn't a terrible choice, as their weapons are shared (excluding that one battle rifle Engineers have acces to), saving you certs atleast on that front. Other classes also share some weapons, and the new SMG's are potential cert-savers as they are for all classes besides the MAX. So it is worth checking which weapons the classes use that you like to play, and potentially save some certs.

Edit: And don't believe the above poster and the Prowler nonsense. Playing flavour of the month is not a very fun gaming experience as you are too dependant on patch notes to have fun.
  3. Kasse

Yea we got it. Prowler having same splash as every other tank is op. Fine. I'm TR and i agree, would you stop this now ?
  4. Jakko

1. Shoot lots of people with your weapons
    2. Profit
  5. Gisgo

This is by far the WORSE and SLOWEST way to get certs.
    One player spawning from the sundy = 2xp.
    It takes 100 players spawning from your sundy to get 200xp.
    It takes 250xp to get 1 cert.

Repair stuff, revive people, and kill enemies, thats how you get certs.
  6. OneRedBlock

Find a class you like, make friends, join an outfit, and ignore your KD and certs while you play the game to have fun. At the end of your session, check your certs. You'll be surprised.
  7. TomoB

Join Vanu, defend base and enjoy receiving hefty defence + underpopulation bonuses.
  8. GSZenith

why would we? it still isn't nerfed.
  9. phreec

They purchase them with Station Cash. :rolleyes:

SOE sometimes has double or triple-cash promos where you get 2x or 3x the SC you'd normally get. With the regular pricing at $7 a gun it's totally not worth it but if you chip-in at those promos it is, IMO. So I guess my advice is to wait for such promo and throw some cash at the game and spend the certs on character progression rather than guns.

If you insist on remaining F2P I'd recommend Engineer or Medic. Engineers being able to resupply their team mates and heal vehicles or base turrets should net you nice XP, but even so you're better off spending those earned certs on the repair/med-tools rather than on a gun. The default guns are quite good either way, you don't really need a new gun for most classes.
  10. Autarkis

ESF Rocketpods
    Liberator Gunner with Zephyr
    Prowler with HE
    Prowler with HEAT
  11. NeoGenesis

The game is free. You could spend some Station Cash and wait for a right bundle to come for sale. But ofcourse, first play the stock weapons to find out what you like. I never bought anything without a discount.
  12. THUGGERNAUT

just cough up $7 for rocket pods like everyone else and your cert problems will disappear.
  13. Inzababa

you kill people reasonably fast
  14. Assist

Since you used the word "fast" I'd suggesting buying a sub and becoming a premium member. Otherwise, you won't be gaining them as fast as you could.
  15. treeHamster

If you're a TR, then just spawn a Prowler and troll around killing massive amounts of Infantry and tanks without much trouble.

If you're one of the other factions, find a big battle and good luck. Doing repairs is usually a great way for XP if you're defending a base as it provides like 6.5k xp/hr with just the stock repair tool. If you upgrade it you can manage to get it close to 10k xp/hr.
  16. IamSalvation

Just to add to this: You can play just fine without spending anything. I never saw a free to play game that lets players do so mcuh without spending anything.
    I have a Vanu as Main Char and i spend money on that one. But i have A NC and TR Char too, which i don´t spend money on. I still have lots of Fun playing with these Characters, even if i don´t have the shiny toys i got as Vanu. Its not that you are "better" with spending money or having more Certs, most of the time you just have more options.

My advice would be to focus on one class or vehicle and only spend there. Don´t think to much about the 1k Cert Infantry weapons, if you don´t bus them they are not worth it. You can make your character a lot better with spending this certs on other stuff.

Few other hints:
    Get Flak Amor for your Suit Slot! Its very cheap till the last 2 levles and you will feel it a lot. Nanoweave is also not that expansive but you don´t feel the impact of it as much as with flak armor.

Don´t think only heavys are good for figthing, Medics and Lights have very good Guns too.

For your Basic Gun: Get a Sight you like and Forward Grip or Laser asap, both are great certs and really help you in combat.
  17. EnderProLogic

Be a medic to heal/revive people or be an engineer to heal maxis.
    If you have some friends online have them get in a jet with you because you can get xp for each kill they get.